From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Subject: Re: Do you believe that a surviving Tsarist Russia or, alternatively, some other kind of non-Communist Russia would have been any more successful at Russifying Russia's non-Russian territories?
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 19:01:25 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 13 May 2021 02:01 UTC

On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 11:11:57 -0800 (PST), WolfBear <m4josh@gmail.com>
wrote:

->Also, for the record, mass ethnic cleansing is excluded from this
scenario. So, Russification could only be achieved either through
voluntary mass migration or through successful assimilation that
causes some or even many non-Russians to abandon their non-Russian
identity and instead begin identifying as Russians.

As a for instance what would consider 'ethnic cleansing'? For instance
would you consider the mass expulsion of Poles from east of the 1939
German/Russian demarcation line to the lands taken from the Germans in
1945?

(You could make the argument about Germans in areas acquired by Poland
but those were not Russified except in terms of political control)

Re: Do you believe that a surviving Tsarist Russia or, alternatively, some other kind of non-Communist Russia would have been any more successful at Russifying Russia's non-Russian territories?

<ffd8d954-6d27-4d26-a693-471281ab7d74n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6107&group=alt.history.what-if#6107

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Wed, 12 May 2021 20:52:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Do you believe that a surviving Tsarist Russia or, alternatively,
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Thu, 13 May 2021 03:52 UTC

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 7:01:28 PM UTC-7, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Nov 2019 11:11:57 -0800 (PST), WolfBear <m4j...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> ->Also, for the record, mass ethnic cleansing is excluded from this
> scenario. So, Russification could only be achieved either through
> voluntary mass migration or through successful assimilation that
> causes some or even many non-Russians to abandon their non-Russian
> identity and instead begin identifying as Russians.
> As a for instance what would consider 'ethnic cleansing'? For instance
> would you consider the mass expulsion of Poles from east of the 1939
> German/Russian demarcation line to the lands taken from the Germans in
> 1945?
>
> (You could make the argument about Germans in areas acquired by Poland
> but those were not Russified except in terms of political control)

Yep, that would be ethnic cleansing.