From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: The King's Man. Sure, ok, why not SPOILERS
Date: 9 Feb 2022 13:27:01 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 13:27 UTC

In article <69f9b97a-2ab8-48cd-b404-a09218a5a0fdn@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>So they take a woman and a kid into a Boer War zone?? The inevitable
>stupid consequences. Meanwhile, they show the Boer's in poor condition
>in a Brit concentration camp, but does anyone in the mouth-breather
>audience even know what the Boer's were like especially to the Africans?
>Then, years later, daddy Kingsman has to explain the story of Icarus to
>his son, who presumably went to the best schools where the classics were
>still taught then. Then a cabal of evil low-lifes lead by some Scottish
>villain tasks some minion with killing Archduke Ferdinand. Get it?
>The minion's bombing attempt is thwarted by the Kingsman. The minion
>then goes to kill himself with a cyanide pill for failing the villain,
>as as he's about to take it in an outdoor cafe, he sees the Archduke and
>shoots him. The minion in real-life was a Serbian anarchist.
>One of the villains eggs on the German Kaiser, Rasputin, another minion
>manipulates the Russian Tsar, pitting each against the other. WW1
>starts.
>2 years in, the villain determines to get Russia out of the war to allow
>Germany to concentrate on England and destroy it. Meanwhile, Kingsman's
>son wants to join up but his father doesn't want it. The Tsar is conned
>by Rasputin to withdraw from the war in order to save his son.
>
>This isn't like the other Kingsman and its relative bloodlessness and
>action may put off some viewers of the earlier movies.

It was probably the least of the three, and the pacifism theme made it
kind of schizophrenic but it was entertaining enough with its "secret
history" takes on Rasputin, Princep, Kitchner, Wilson & Mata Hari. The big
surprise in retrospect should not have been since we were told in the
first movie that it was coming..
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..