"Turn on, tune up, rock out." -- Billy Gibbons

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / Re: No Time to Die 2021

SubjectAuthor
* No Time to Die 2021T987654321
`* Re: No Time to Die 2021trotsky
 `- Re: No Time to Die 2021T987654321

1
No Time to Die 2021

<0bcd5146-4640-403a-bff7-3f71738a4b37n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6103&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6103

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2022 00:35:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: No Time to Die 2021
From: qwrtz...@gmail.com (T987654321)
 by: T987654321 - Sat, 5 Feb 2022 08:35 UTC

Way way to long. Craig does an excellent job playing an aging supper spy but is almost lost in a sea of to many characters. Great Bond movies are contained and tense; the presence of the kid just makes it all kind of mushy. There are the expectedly cool gadgets and stunts but even the action/combat scenes go on to long. A film in desperate need of a good editor.

Re: No Time to Die 2021

<16d37a5cf22fef67$1$679298$46d50c60@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6121&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6121

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 16:53:47 -0600
Subject: Re: No Time to Die 2021
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Sun, 13 Feb 2022 22:53 UTC

On 2/5/2022 4:24 AM, RichA wrote:
> On Saturday, 5 February 2022 at 03:35:47 UTC-5, T987654321 wrote:
>> Way way to long. Craig does an excellent job playing an aging supper spy but is almost lost in a sea of to many characters. Great Bond movies are contained and tense; the presence of the kid just makes it all kind of mushy. There are the expectedly cool gadgets and stunts but even the action/combat scenes go on to long. A film in desperate need of a good editor.
>
> Pretty mediocre support characters, the black female 007's role was lousy, almost pointless. Craig to me never fit the role of Bond, and if they pick a black guy to be the next Bond, at least let him be what the original was, an educated man who seems to do more than just drive vintage Aston Martins.

Your wrong as usual. The writing of the movies has morphed, with Craig
in the lead they specifically wanted to make Bond more of an "action
hero." I can see why trying to outdo Sean Connery each time out was
pointless, and the first three Craigs were good, this was iffy. And too
long.

Re: No Time to Die 2021

<a846bfba-cea1-4b29-baae-362cb06b97den@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6127&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6127

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 10:52:50 -0800 (PST)
From: qwrtz...@gmail.com (T987654321)
 by: T987654321 - Mon, 14 Feb 2022 18:52 UTC

On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 2:53:51 PM UTC-8, gmsin...@gmail.com wrote:
> On 2/5/2022 4:24 AM, RichA wrote:
> > On Saturday, 5 February 2022 at 03:35:47 UTC-5, T987654321 wrote:
> >> Way way to long. Craig does an excellent job playing an aging supper spy but is almost lost in a sea of to many characters. Great Bond movies are contained and tense; the presence of the kid just makes it all kind of mushy. There are the expectedly cool gadgets and stunts but even the action/combat scenes go on to long. A film in desperate need of a good editor.
> >
> > Pretty mediocre support characters, the black female 007's role was lousy, almost pointless. Craig to me never fit the role of Bond, and if they pick a black guy to be the next Bond, at least let him be what the original was, an educated man who seems to do more than just drive vintage Aston Martins.
> Your wrong as usual. The writing of the movies has morphed, with Craig
> in the lead they specifically wanted to make Bond more of an "action
> hero." I can see why trying to outdo Sean Connery each time out was
> pointless, and the first three Craigs were good, this was iffy. And too
> long.

The first Craig movie as 007 was terrible.