Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 08:25:20 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
Subject: Nightmare Alley
 by: trotsky - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 14:25 UTC

It's hard to pick Guillermo del Toro's best movie, but I have a feeling
this will be it for many. A relatively long running time, it doesn't
seem long at all. An unbelievably good cast helps. Bradley Cooper is
fantastic in the lead, and Cate Blanchett might make one of the best
femme fatales of all time. Willem Dafoe also is amazing as a carnival
leader. The story is familiar and different at the same time, and could
be described as a man's quest for redemption. Sprinkle in some
Guillermo elements of horror and you have what I can only describe as a
five star movie, even if you're on a four star scale.