From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Subject: Re: Hirohito Killed During Doolittle Raid
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 19:43:56 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Thu, 27 May 2021 02:43 UTC

On Wed, 26 May 2021 18:42:46 -0700 (PDT), "edstas...@gmail.com"
<edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:

>What if during the Doolittle Raid on April 18th 1942, Japanese Emperor
>Hirohito and his family are killed by a couple of stray bombs?
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doolittle_Raid
>
>In the OTL, the Japanese military still wanted to keep fighting after
>two nukes had been dropped on them and it was the influence of the
>Emperor that brought about the surrender but with him gone, (and the
>Japanese extremely pissed off about his death) I’m guessing Operation
>Downfall will have to be carried out.
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall

Akihito was 11 in 1945 so presumably he would have been under the
charge of the Royal Chamberlain or some other senior official -
anybody with an idea who Hirohito might have designated his son's
protector during his minority?

Re: Hirohito Killed During Doolittle Raid

<iu5mf6vm2p2p.caqv8z5j7prp$.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6179&group=alt.history.what-if#6179

From: Solom...@citi.com (SolomonW)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 17:20:51 +1000
 by: SolomonW - Thu, 27 May 2021 07:20 UTC

On Wed, 26 May 2021 19:43:56 -0700, The Horny Goat wrote:

> On Wed, 26 May 2021 18:42:46 -0700 (PDT), "edstas...@gmail.com"
> <edstasiak1067@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>What if during the Doolittle Raid on April 18th 1942, Japanese Emperor
>>Hirohito and his family are killed by a couple of stray bombs?
>>
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doolittle_Raid
>>
>>In the OTL, the Japanese military still wanted to keep fighting after
>>two nukes had been dropped on them and it was the influence of the
>>Emperor that brought about the surrender but with him gone, (and the
>>Japanese extremely pissed off about his death) I’m guessing Operation
>>Downfall will have to be carried out.
>>
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Downfall
>
> Akihito was 11 in 1945 so presumably he would have been under the

Akihito died too by these bombs. So I am guessing the next in line would be
Prince Chichibu assuming the system works like in the British system, which
I am unsure. From memory, the Emperor had to be approved by the royal
court. This was to stop halfwits from coming to power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuhito,_Prince_Chichibu

He was in China so that he would survive such an air attack. He does not
seem to be the sort of guy that would make peace. He has much to answer for
in war crimes.

Interesting the next one in line would presumably be

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobuhito,_Prince_Takamatsu

Who does look like the sort of guy that would make peace?

> charge of the Royal Chamberlain or some other senior official -
> anybody with an idea who Hirohito might have designated his son's
> protector during his minority?

Royal Chamberlain was a naval admiral.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hisanori_Fujita

What is views were on Japan surrender I have no idea. I did a net search
and checked out a book Hirohito by Bix but found nothing about his views.