If you do something right once, someone will ask you to do it again.

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / "Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott Card

SubjectAuthor
* "Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott CardLynn McGuire
+* Re: "Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott CardCharles Packer
|`- Re: "Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott CardScott Lurndal
`- Re: "Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott CardCharles Packer

1
"Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott Card

<sjt3cf$tao$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=62378&group=rec.arts.sf.written#62378

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott Card
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 16:59:38 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sat, 9 Oct 2021 21:59 UTC

"Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott Card
https://www.amazon.com/Duplex-Micropowers-Orson-Scott-Card/dp/1799903176/

Book number two of a two book young adult paranormal fantasy series. I
read the well printed and well bound hardback published by Blackstone
Publishing in 2021.

Ryan's dad and mom are split up so his dad converted their home into a
duplex to earn more money. His dad rented the open side to a family
from Slovenia with a teenage daughter, Bojana Horvat, also known as Bizzy.

Ryan has a micropower and Bizzy has a micropower. Together, they use
their powers to save each other and to save others.

Please note that Orson Scott Card has a website at
http://www.hatrack.com/

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (142 reviews)

Lynn

Re: "Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott Card

<RVw8J.41426$6u6.20633@fx03.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=62419&group=rec.arts.sf.written#62419

From: mail...@cpacker.org (Charles Packer)
Subject: Re: "Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott Card
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 07:49:05 GMT
 by: Charles Packer - Sun, 10 Oct 2021 07:49 UTC

On Sat, 09 Oct 2021 16:59:38 -0500, Lynn McGuire wrote:

> "Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott Card
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Duplex-Micropowers-Orson-Scott-Card/
dp/1799903176/

> Book number two of a two book young adult paranormal fantasy series. I
> read the well printed and well bound hardback published by Blackstone
> Publishing in 2021.
>
> Ryan's dad and mom are split up so his dad converted their home into a
> duplex to earn more money. His dad rented the open side to a family
> from Slovenia with a teenage daughter, Bojana Horvat, also known as
> Bizzy.
>
> Ryan has a micropower and Bizzy has a micropower. Together, they use
> their powers to save each other and to save others.

Interesting. As is the Wikipedia article about Card. Has anybody here
visited Richland, Washington, where Card was born?

Re: "Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott Card

<8NF8J.67716$2B4.62460@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=62442&group=rec.arts.sf.written#62442

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 17:54:12 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Sun, 10 Oct 2021 17:54 UTC

Charles Packer <mailbox@cpacker.org> writes:
>On Sat, 09 Oct 2021 16:59:38 -0500, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>
>> "Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott Card
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Duplex-Micropowers-Orson-Scott-Card/
>dp/1799903176/
>>
>> Book number two of a two book young adult paranormal fantasy series. I
>> read the well printed and well bound hardback published by Blackstone
>> Publishing in 2021.
>>
>> Ryan's dad and mom are split up so his dad converted their home into a
>> duplex to earn more money. His dad rented the open side to a family
>> from Slovenia with a teenage daughter, Bojana Horvat, also known as
>> Bizzy.
>>
>> Ryan has a micropower and Bizzy has a micropower. Together, they use
>> their powers to save each other and to save others.
>>

>Interesting. As is the Wikipedia article about Card. Has anybody here
>visited Richland, Washington, where Card was born?

Mercy Thompson, the car mechanic coyote lives in that area.

Re: "Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott Card

<02S8J.85644$ol1.82742@fx42.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=62489&group=rec.arts.sf.written#62489

From: mail...@cpacker.org (Charles Packer)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 07:51:24 GMT
 by: Charles Packer - Mon, 11 Oct 2021 07:51 UTC

On Sat, 09 Oct 2021 16:59:38 -0500, Lynn McGuire wrote:

> "Duplex: A Micropowers Novel" by Orson Scott Card
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Duplex-Micropowers-Orson-Scott-Card/
dp/1799903176/

> Book number two of a two book young adult paranormal fantasy series. I
> read the well printed and well bound hardback published by Blackstone
> Publishing in 2021.
>
> Ryan's dad and mom are split up so his dad converted their home into a
> duplex to earn more money. His dad rented the open side to a family
> from Slovenia with a teenage daughter, Bojana Horvat, also known as
> Bizzy.
>
> Ryan has a micropower and Bizzy has a micropower. Together, they use
> their powers to save each other and to save others.

I've turned up an oddity in Card's bio information, about his
parents. One source says his father, a Navy veteran turned sign
painter, went back to finish college and became a professor. Of what
wasn't specified. Another source refers to the father as "a
painter and photographer."