Last yeer I kudn't spel Engineer. Now I are won.

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)

SubjectAuthor
* THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)moviePig
`* Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)super70s
 +* Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)moviePig
 |`- Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)super70s
 `* Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)alvey
  +* Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)moviePig
  |`- Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)alvey
  `- Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)trotsky

1
THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)

<TPl%J.325079$f2a5.89057@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6245&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6245

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Subject: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 12:10:26 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 25 Mar 2022 16:10 UTC

One man tries to thwart a malevolent conspiracy seeking to precipitate
WW1. Renouncing his Voldemort persona, Ralph Fiennes is THE KING'S MAN,
in a CGI-action-packed semi-sendup of history, and an origin story for a
presumed franchise. (A "sequel" appeared in 2017.) This may be the
most violent anti-war comic-book movie ever. Somewhat recommended.

Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)

<super70s-A0F18F.06363105042022@reader02.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6258&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6258

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 06:36:31 -0500
 by: super70s - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 11:36 UTC

In article <TPl%J.325079$f2a5.89057@fx48.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> One man tries to thwart a malevolent conspiracy seeking to precipitate
> WW1. Renouncing his Voldemort persona, Ralph Fiennes is THE KING'S MAN,
> in a CGI-action-packed semi-sendup of history, and an origin story for a
> presumed franchise. (A "sequel" appeared in 2017.) This may be the
> most violent anti-war comic-book movie ever. Somewhat recommended.

RF seems to have good taste in roles in at least his movies I own -- The
Hurt Locker, Schindler's List, The Constant Gardener and The Reader.

Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)

<T1Y2K.505741$Rza5.214352@fx47.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6259&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6259

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 10:06:42 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 14:06 UTC

On 4/5/2022 7:36 AM, super70s wrote:
> In article <TPl%J.325079$f2a5.89057@fx48.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> One man tries to thwart a malevolent conspiracy seeking to precipitate
>> WW1. Renouncing his Voldemort persona, Ralph Fiennes is THE KING'S MAN,
>> in a CGI-action-packed semi-sendup of history, and an origin story for a
>> presumed franchise. (A "sequel" appeared in 2017.) This may be the
>> most violent anti-war comic-book movie ever. Somewhat recommended.
>
> RF seems to have good taste in roles in at least his movies I own -- The
> Hurt Locker, Schindler's List, The Constant Gardener and The Reader.

Yeah, couple of Best Pictures there, even without THE ENGLISH PATIENT.

Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)

<super70s-DEA03A.14521605042022@reader02.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6260&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6260

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 14:52:16 -0500
 by: super70s - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 19:52 UTC

In article <T1Y2K.505741$Rza5.214352@fx47.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 4/5/2022 7:36 AM, super70s wrote:
> > In article <TPl%J.325079$f2a5.89057@fx48.iad>,
> > moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
> >
> >> One man tries to thwart a malevolent conspiracy seeking to precipitate
> >> WW1. Renouncing his Voldemort persona, Ralph Fiennes is THE KING'S MAN,
> >> in a CGI-action-packed semi-sendup of history, and an origin story for a
> >> presumed franchise. (A "sequel" appeared in 2017.) This may be the
> >> most violent anti-war comic-book movie ever. Somewhat recommended.
> >
> > RF seems to have good taste in roles in at least his movies I own -- The
> > Hurt Locker, Schindler's List, The Constant Gardener and The Reader.
>
> Yeah, couple of Best Pictures there, even without THE ENGLISH PATIENT.

Turns out I also have The English Patient, on VHS. And the great
Redford-directed Quiz Show. And Red Dragon but I've never been too crazy
about that one.

Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)

<1hrwokfj6u8n1$.1bsj4x5akwn2b.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6261&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6261

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 06:55:42 +1000
 by: alvey - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 20:55 UTC

On Tue, 05 Apr 2022 06:36:31 -0500, super70s wrote:

> In article <TPl%J.325079$f2a5.89057@fx48.iad>,
> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>
>> One man tries to thwart a malevolent conspiracy seeking to precipitate
>> WW1. Renouncing his Voldemort persona, Ralph Fiennes is THE KING'S MAN,
>> in a CGI-action-packed semi-sendup of history, and an origin story for a
>> presumed franchise. (A "sequel" appeared in 2017.) This may be the
>> most violent anti-war comic-book movie ever. Somewhat recommended.
>
> RF seems to have good taste in roles in at least his movies I own -- The
> Hurt Locker, Schindler's List, The Constant Gardener and The Reader.

Well and good, but I just can't take anyone, regardless of how many Barons
there have been in their family, who declares that 'Ralph' is pronounced
'Rafe' seriously.

alvey

Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)

<_J23K.150480$8V_7.20364@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6262&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6262

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 17:43:21 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 21:43 UTC

On 4/5/2022 4:55 PM, alvey wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Apr 2022 06:36:31 -0500, super70s wrote:
>
>> In article <TPl%J.325079$f2a5.89057@fx48.iad>,
>> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>>
>>> One man tries to thwart a malevolent conspiracy seeking to precipitate
>>> WW1. Renouncing his Voldemort persona, Ralph Fiennes is THE KING'S MAN,
>>> in a CGI-action-packed semi-sendup of history, and an origin story for a
>>> presumed franchise. (A "sequel" appeared in 2017.) This may be the
>>> most violent anti-war comic-book movie ever. Somewhat recommended.
>>
>> RF seems to have good taste in roles in at least his movies I own -- The
>> Hurt Locker, Schindler's List, The Constant Gardener and The Reader.
>
> Well and good, but I just can't take anyone, regardless of how many Barons
> there have been in their family, who declares that 'Ralph' is pronounced
> 'Rafe' seriously.

And, I'm guessing you think that 'Maurice' rhymes with 'fleece', and
that 'Hazel' is your aunt and not your uncle...

Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)

<agdolahpizk6.1f3ndrb4vv4ap.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6263&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6263

From: alv...@is.invalid (alvey)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 08:06:43 +1000
 by: alvey - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 22:06 UTC

On Tue, 5 Apr 2022 17:43:21 -0400, moviePig wrote:

> On 4/5/2022 4:55 PM, alvey wrote:
>> On Tue, 05 Apr 2022 06:36:31 -0500, super70s wrote:

>>> RF seems to have good taste in roles in at least his movies I own -- The
>>> Hurt Locker, Schindler's List, The Constant Gardener and The Reader.
>>
>> Well and good, but I just can't take anyone, regardless of how many Barons
>> there have been in their family, who declares that 'Ralph' is pronounced
>> 'Rafe' seriously.
>
> And, I'm guessing you think that 'Maurice' rhymes with 'fleece', and
> that 'Hazel' is your aunt and not your uncle...

Ah! Bonjour monsieur Porc. Alas, your comparisons are like an old mans
bladder. They do not hold water.

au revoir mon ami

Re: THE KING'S MAN (no spoilers)

<16e324f6c7820228$1$3736274$4d54e64@news.newsdemon.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6264&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6264

Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2022 18:48:46 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: gmsi...@email.com (trotsky)
 by: trotsky - Tue, 5 Apr 2022 23:48 UTC

On 4/5/2022 3:55 PM, alvey wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Apr 2022 06:36:31 -0500, super70s wrote:
>
>> In article <TPl%J.325079$f2a5.89057@fx48.iad>,
>> moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:
>>
>>> One man tries to thwart a malevolent conspiracy seeking to precipitate
>>> WW1. Renouncing his Voldemort persona, Ralph Fiennes is THE KING'S MAN,
>>> in a CGI-action-packed semi-sendup of history, and an origin story for a
>>> presumed franchise. (A "sequel" appeared in 2017.) This may be the
>>> most violent anti-war comic-book movie ever. Somewhat recommended.
>>
>> RF seems to have good taste in roles in at least his movies I own -- The
>> Hurt Locker, Schindler's List, The Constant Gardener and The Reader.
>
> Well and good, but I just can't take anyone, regardless of how many Barons
> there have been in their family, who declares that 'Ralph' is pronounced
> 'Rafe' seriously.

I suppose you've never heard of composer Ralph Vaughn-Williams either.