Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 21:47:39 +0000
Subject: Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 21:47 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

>> Archived at:
>> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery

>> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
>> Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
>> Date: 1998/06/21
>> Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

>> PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

>> Tuesday with Little Spain
>> by Will Dockery

>> And I am shoved back into this night life,
>> well she said, she said, she said it was impossible.

>> There is a place, it smoulders, it is the past, dreamtime,
>> wander these dark corridors of memory.
>> I sleep so deep, I don't like to sleep,
>> my dreams threaten to wash me away.

>> Floating in a sea of bad vibes, I do these things over and over,
>> repentatively, feel regret but keep doing it over and over.
>> Then the whole thing becomes a blur.

>> Grey and pasted, patched together with spackling
>> and sheet rock mud, a disgusted perversion of humanity.
>> During the decline and fall of poetry,
>> in the summer of sardonic excess,
>> I sat with Little Spain and felt her softness.

>> Still a sky poet, though tattered and glowing,
>> brought down from Blue Territory,
>> no longer in Blue Territory.
>> I wandered by a cold river
>> in the flaming copper land of summer.

>> This complete process of remaking we had,
>> your mix of pales & shades,
>> your, distinctive, mythic self, one distinct sing of your eyes...
>> I must bitterly understand our fate,
>> we were never meant to be,
>> like lost in the mirror'd rooms of a crazy house.

>> Crimson on the napkins,
>> pink fuzz on the clover.
>> Maneuver to the left, and forward,
>> into a mud soaked future.

>> -For more poems, type
>> http://www.dejanews.com/
>> into your browser's "Location" window. Press your "return" key.
>> Click on "Power Search" in the middle of the screen. Next,
>> Type in: roller...@earthlink.net in the box that appears.
>> Click on "find" (the button to the right of the box).
>> -Or search using: rolle...@idt.net

>> Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

>> From the 1998 Archives.

> A rare classic...

Thanks again for reading and commenting, Zod.

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<866d5740d247b4e0370d0d1694c2cb6d@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6329&group=rec.arts.poems#6329

Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 20:50:48 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 20:50 UTC

W.Dockery wrote:

> Zod wrote:

>> Will Dockery wrote:
>>
>>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

>>> Archived at:
>>> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery

>>> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
>>> Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
>>> Date: 1998/06/21
>>> Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

>>> PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain
>>> by Will Dockery

>>> And I am shoved back into this night life,
>>> well she said, she said, she said it was impossible.

>>> There is a place, it smoulders, it is the past, dreamtime,
>>> wander these dark corridors of memory.
>>> I sleep so deep, I don't like to sleep,
>>> my dreams threaten to wash me away.

>>> Floating in a sea of bad vibes, I do these things over and over,
>>> repentatively, feel regret but keep doing it over and over.
>>> Then the whole thing becomes a blur.

>>> Grey and pasted, patched together with spackling
>>> and sheet rock mud, a disgusted perversion of humanity.
>>> During the decline and fall of poetry,
>>> in the summer of sardonic excess,
>>> I sat with Little Spain and felt her softness.

>>> Still a sky poet, though tattered and glowing,
>>> brought down from Blue Territory,
>>> no longer in Blue Territory.
>>> I wandered by a cold river
>>> in the flaming copper land of summer.

>>> This complete process of remaking we had,
>>> your mix of pales & shades,
>>> your, distinctive, mythic self, one distinct sing of your eyes...
>>> I must bitterly understand our fate,
>>> we were never meant to be,
>>> like lost in the mirror'd rooms of a crazy house.

>>> Crimson on the napkins,
>>> pink fuzz on the clover.
>>> Maneuver to the left, and forward,
>>> into a mud soaked future.

>>> -For more poems, type
>>> http://www.dejanews.com/
>>> into your browser's "Location" window. Press your "return" key.
>>> Click on "Power Search" in the middle of the screen. Next,
>>> Type in: roller...@earthlink.net in the box that appears.
>>> Click on "find" (the button to the right of the box).
>>> -Or search using: rolle...@idt.net

>>> Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

>>> From the 1998 Archives.

>> A rare classic...

> Thanks again for reading and commenting, Zod.

Being the poetry lover that I am, it was not a problem....

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<aee4389d1cbbdcdabe127ad1167103fd@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6342&group=rec.arts.poems#6342

Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 05:53:44 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Sun, 27 Nov 2022 05:53 UTC

Good evening, my friend.