Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 21:27:02 +0000
Subject: Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 22 Nov 2022 21:27 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

> Archived at:
> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery

> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
> Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
> Date: 1998/06/21
> Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

> PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

> Tuesday with Little Spain
> by Will Dockery

> And I am shoved back into this night life,
> well she said, she said, she said it was impossible.

> There is a place, it smoulders, it is the past, dreamtime,
> wander these dark corridors of memory.
> I sleep so deep, I don't like to sleep,
> my dreams threaten to wash me away.

> Floating in a sea of bad vibes, I do these things over and over,
> repentatively, feel regret but keep doing it over and over.
> Then the whole thing becomes a blur.

> Grey and pasted, patched together with spackling
> and sheet rock mud, a disgusted perversion of humanity.
> During the decline and fall of poetry,
> in the summer of sardonic excess,
> I sat with Little Spain and felt her softness.

> Still a sky poet, though tattered and glowing,
> brought down from Blue Territory,
> no longer in Blue Territory.
> I wandered by a cold river
> in the flaming copper land of summer.

> This complete process of remaking we had,
> your mix of pales & shades,
> your, distinctive, mythic self, one distinct sing of your eyes...
> I must bitterly understand our fate,
> we were never meant to be,
> like lost in the mirror'd rooms of a crazy house.

> Crimson on the napkins,
> pink fuzz on the clover.
> Maneuver to the left, and forward,
> into a mud soaked future.

> -For more poems, type
> http://www.dejanews.com/
> into your browser's "Location" window. Press your "return" key.
> Click on "Power Search" in the middle of the screen. Next,
> Type in: roller...@earthlink.net in the box that appears.
> Click on "find" (the button to the right of the box).
> -Or search using: rolle...@idt.net

> Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

> From the 1998 Archives.

Hi..... once again one of your very best poems....!

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<0817e36a4414d5aef827422402cbca07@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6319&group=rec.arts.poems#6319

Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 08:18:49 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Sat, 26 Nov 2022 08:18 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>>
>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery

>> Archived at:
>> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery

>> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
>> Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
>> Date: 1998/06/21
>> Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

>> PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

>> Tuesday with Little Spain
>> by Will Dockery

>> And I am shoved back into this night life,
>> well she said, she said, she said it was impossible.

>> There is a place, it smoulders, it is the past, dreamtime,
>> wander these dark corridors of memory.
>> I sleep so deep, I don't like to sleep,
>> my dreams threaten to wash me away.

>> Floating in a sea of bad vibes, I do these things over and over,
>> repentatively, feel regret but keep doing it over and over.
>> Then the whole thing becomes a blur.

>> Grey and pasted, patched together with spackling
>> and sheet rock mud, a disgusted perversion of humanity.
>> During the decline and fall of poetry,
>> in the summer of sardonic excess,
>> I sat with Little Spain and felt her softness.

>> Still a sky poet, though tattered and glowing,
>> brought down from Blue Territory,
>> no longer in Blue Territory.
>> I wandered by a cold river
>> in the flaming copper land of summer.

>> This complete process of remaking we had,
>> your mix of pales & shades,
>> your, distinctive, mythic self, one distinct sing of your eyes...
>> I must bitterly understand our fate,
>> we were never meant to be,
>> like lost in the mirror'd rooms of a crazy house.

>> Crimson on the napkins,
>> pink fuzz on the clover.
>> Maneuver to the left, and forward,
>> into a mud soaked future.

>> -For more poems, type
>> http://www.dejanews.com/
>> into your browser's "Location" window. Press your "return" key.
>> Click on "Power Search" in the middle of the screen. Next,
>> Type in: roller...@earthlink.net in the box that appears.
>> Click on "find" (the button to the right of the box).
>> -Or search using: rolle...@idt.net

>> Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

>> From the 1998 Archives.

> Hi..... once again one of your very best poems....!

Good morning, and thanks again for the nod, Zod.

🙂

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<fe81ef3bf2bace68a7d2eb90a606b152@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6533&group=rec.arts.poems#6533

Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2022 22:22:15 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Sat, 17 Dec 2022 22:22 UTC

General-Zod wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:
>
>> Tuesday with Little Spain / a poem by Will Dockery
>
>> Archived at:
>> http://comments.poetry.arts.alt.groups.com.ru/196352-Re_Tuesday_with_Little_Spain_by_Will_Dockery

>> From: Andrew Roller <roller...@earthlink.net>
>> Subject: Tuesday with Little Spain by Will Dockery
>> Date: 1998/06/21
>> Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems

>> PROBLEMS? Please try viewing this with Netscape Navigator.

>> Tuesday with Little Spain
>> by Will Dockery

>> And I am shoved back into this night life,
>> well she said, she said, she said it was impossible.

>> There is a place, it smoulders, it is the past, dreamtime,
>> wander these dark corridors of memory.
>> I sleep so deep, I don't like to sleep,
>> my dreams threaten to wash me away.

>> Floating in a sea of bad vibes, I do these things over and over,
>> repentatively, feel regret but keep doing it over and over.
>> Then the whole thing becomes a blur.

>> Grey and pasted, patched together with spackling
>> and sheet rock mud, a disgusted perversion of humanity.
>> During the decline and fall of poetry,
>> in the summer of sardonic excess,
>> I sat with Little Spain and felt her softness.

>> Still a sky poet, though tattered and glowing,
>> brought down from Blue Territory,
>> no longer in Blue Territory.
>> I wandered by a cold river
>> in the flaming copper land of summer.

>> This complete process of remaking we had,
>> your mix of pales & shades,
>> your, distinctive, mythic self, one distinct sing of your eyes...
>> I must bitterly understand our fate,
>> we were never meant to be,
>> like lost in the mirror'd rooms of a crazy house.

>> Crimson on the napkins,
>> pink fuzz on the clover.
>> Maneuver to the left, and forward,
>> into a mud soaked future.

>> -For more poems, type
>> http://www.dejanews.com/
>> into your browser's "Location" window. Press your "return" key.
>> Click on "Power Search" in the middle of the screen. Next,
>> Type in: roller...@earthlink.net in the box that appears.
>> Click on "find" (the button to the right of the box).
>> -Or search using: rolle...@idt.net

>> Tuesday with Little Spain is copyright 1998 by Will Dockery

>> From the 1998 Archives.

> Hi..... once again one of your very best poems....!

Thanks again and happy holidays to you and Mike.

:)

Re: Tuesday with Little Spain / Will Dockery

<dbd552235e169812cb698442a546b784@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6639&group=rec.arts.poems#6639

Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2022 22:52:19 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Sat, 31 Dec 2022 22:52 UTC

Good evening, Zod, and happy new year

🙂