What this country needs is a good five cent ANYTHING!

arts / rec.arts.poems / Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

SubjectAuthor
* Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW-Dockery
+* Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryGeneral-Zod
|+* Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
||+* Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryVictor H.
|||`- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
||`* Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryZod
|| `- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW-Dockery
|+- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|+- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|+- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|+- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|+- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|+* Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW-Dockery
||`* Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryGeneral-Zod
|| +- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|| `- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|+- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|+- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW-Dockery
|+- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|+- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|+- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|`- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
+* Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryVictor H.
|+- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
|`- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery
`* Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryGeneral-Zod
 `- Re: Sunglass / Will DockeryW.Dockery

Pages:12
Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<92ae386bf6eb616e3efb5c24a257146a@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=3855&group=rec.arts.poems#3855

Date: Mon, 30 May 2022 22:00:14 +0000
Subject: Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Mon, 30 May 2022 22:00 UTC

>>> Sunglass
>>>
>>> This battered old shell looks like a death mask.
>>>
>>> Lucky or not I shall wear it as I walk into Phenix City. Though I
>>> cheated in my gambling I wound up broke anyway.
>>>
>>> And I come, and I pay the zombie whores and walking dead. While the
>>> dark lady in sunglasses takes the halo from his clay head.
>>>
>>> One more trip over that bridge to the kissing booth. Where there's
>>> smoke there may be fire and this time I got burned.
>>>
>>> I walk this beach at midnight like a zen dharma beach bum. And I am
>>> saved, and I turn.
>>>
>>> I watch the drunken poets, and my lawyer. While the dark lady in
>>> sunglasses takes the halo from his clay head.
>>>
>>> -Will Dockery

Crossposting test.

Comments and critique on the poem are welcome.

🙂

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<0bf9907b2b69b7535cf7a1b9c11c5f0a@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4206&group=rec.arts.poems#4206

Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2022 20:39:33 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Wed, 15 Jun 2022 20:39 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> [...]

It is working and the poem is another classic....

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<f4cdcdb5a82b9ab5417c50139cbfba2e@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=4276&group=rec.arts.poems#4276

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 11:32:19 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Tue, 21 Jun 2022 11:32 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> It is working and the poem is another classic....

Good morning, and thanks again for reading and commenting.

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<6efeafb48069a51a455951fa480c669b@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5085&group=rec.arts.poems#5085

Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 22:06:40 +0000
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Victor H.)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: Victor H. - Wed, 17 Aug 2022 22:06 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> General-Zod wrote:

>> It is working and the poem is another classic....

> Good morning, and thanks again for reading and commenting.

An old fave, and great influence on my own work...!

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<449fbfb78f5243458eda708ff3c45b4a@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5095&group=rec.arts.poems#5095

Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 16:25:05 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 16:25 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> It is working and the poem is another classic....

Thanks again for reading and commenting.

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<7dbf22ecaf6fc66b279553fe8a905e05@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5457&group=rec.arts.poems#5457

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 21:12:28 +0000
From: Zod...@news.novabbs.com (Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: Zod - Thu, 15 Sep 2022 21:12 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> General-Zod wrote:

>> It is working and the poem is another classic....

> Good morning, and thanks again for reading and commenting.

You are welcome...

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<d2b5ef495a5b29ad1d863d38afa82afb@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5501&group=rec.arts.poems#5501

Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 03:04:16 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 03:04 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> General-Zod wrote:

>>> It is working and the poem is another classic....

>> Good morning, and thanks again for reading and commenting.

> You are welcome...

Good evening, my friend.

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<13807d26b5578c9ea8f6bb96653ac051@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5540&group=rec.arts.poems#5540

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 21:03:52 +0000
From: vhugo...@gmail.com (Victor H.)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: Victor H. - Wed, 21 Sep 2022 21:03 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> Crossposting test.

> Comments and critique on the poem are welcome.

> 🙂

It does seem to be working well....

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<977639c5ccf9a154ec1a5d33b51fd1a2@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=5605&group=rec.arts.poems#5605

Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 02:27:49 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 26 Sep 2022 02:27 UTC

Zod wrote:

>> Crossposting test.

>> Comments and critique on the poem are welcome.

> It does seem to be working well....

Good evening, thanks for checking it out.

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<85856ccfd8e7d745719de4e2747c0f1d@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6267&group=rec.arts.poems#6267

Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 21:46:24 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 20 Nov 2022 21:46 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> It is working and the poem is another classic....

Thanks again for the nod, Zod.

:)

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<20803126abfa2ef5df3ceb038f8e50a1@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6306&group=rec.arts.poems#6306

Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2022 02:36:59 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 24 Nov 2022 02:36 UTC

Victor H. wrote:

>> Crossposting test.

>> Comments and critique on the poem are welcome.

>> 🙂

> It does seem to be working well....

Good evening my friend, happy Thanksgiving to you and Mike.

🙂

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<c483c5b1e399618c0249186b04f4faec@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6651&group=rec.arts.poems#6651

Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2023 06:50:45 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Mon, 2 Jan 2023 06:50 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> It is working and the pozem is another classic....

Thanks again for reading and commenting.

🙂

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<e57e7c2dab528f66e861aa13af3d2aec@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6749&group=rec.arts.poems#6749

Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2023 17:04:27 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 12 Jan 2023 17:04 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> It is working and the poem is another classic....

Thanks again for the nod, Zod.

:)

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<febdafd3b56a46e67a9571db48b5d4a5@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6754&group=rec.arts.poems#6754

Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 22:59:47 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Fri, 13 Jan 2023 22:59 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> It is working and the poem is another classic....

Thanks again for the nod, Zod.

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<59a3d2dee8c23c662b55047112a5e156@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6786&group=rec.arts.poems#6786

Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 21:18:36 +0000
From: parnello...@gmail.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Tue, 17 Jan 2023 21:18 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> It is working and the poem is another classic....

Good afternoon and thanks yet again.

:)

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<56679da5a6a77dd6978584cf70e24c03@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6839&group=rec.arts.poems#6839

Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 21:39:18 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 24 Jan 2023 21:39 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:
> General-Zod wrote:

>> It is working and the poem is another classic....

> Good afternoon and thanks yet again.

Good DAY to YOU...!

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<a7a2ed987bc2075ec87a91822a1640ac@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6852&group=rec.arts.poems#6852

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 10:25:25 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 26 Jan 2023 10:25 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> It is working and the poem is another classic....

Establishing the timeline, this one is late Summer 1997, written at the cottage near Saint Augustine Beach, just before my return to Georgia and Alabama.

HTH and HAND.

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<3f83e14f1bfcd8800b7436fd225075f7@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8008&group=rec.arts.poems#8008

Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 07:34:21 +0000
From: W-Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W-Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W-Dockery - Wed, 7 Jun 2023 07:34 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> It is working and the poem is another classic....

Thanks again and hurry back to the group.

🙂

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<17d8c7d251971674ead2c233e4196629@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8425&group=rec.arts.poems#8425

Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 03:13:51 +0000
From: W.Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sat, 29 Jul 2023 03:13 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> It is working and the poem is another classic....

Thanks again for reading and commenting.

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<f5a0c11a7af5acc9bbc27526c118c95f@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8474&group=rec.arts.poems#8474

Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2023 04:44:26 +0000
From: W.Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 2 Aug 2023 04:44 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:
>> General-Zod wrote:

>>> It is working and the poem is another classic....

>> Good afternoon and thanks yet again.

> Good DAY to YOU...!

Thanks again Zod.

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<a4f709f749bb30a8c779bcb7aa3ba518@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8500&group=rec.arts.poems#8500

Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 01:22:51 +0000
From: W.Dock...@news.novabbs.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 6 Aug 2023 01:22 UTC

Zod wrote:

> It is working

Thanks again, and have a good night.

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<cb05b160c753a098d1fd2c056ccb2b2a@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=8552&group=rec.arts.poems#8552

Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 23:54:29 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 10 Aug 2023 23:54 UTC

Zod wrote:

> Will Dockery wrote:

>> General-Zod wrote:

>>> It is working and the poem is another classic....

>> Good morning, and thanks again for reading and commenting.

> An old fave, and great influence on my own work...!

Good evening, thanks again my friend.

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<007cc2fda5dc80dc814b3fa059f93a75@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=9128&group=rec.arts.poems#9128

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 22:27:15 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 22:27 UTC

Will Dockery wrote:

> Comments and critique on the poem are welcome.

One more read, quite liked ---.

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<c5c6eb1a15d6b422e866ce891aa43738@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=9161&group=rec.arts.poems#9161

Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 23:46:25 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Thu, 21 Sep 2023 23:46 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

>> Comments and critique on the poem are welcome.

> One more read, quite liked ---.

Thanks again for the nod, Zod.

🙂

Re: Sunglass / Will Dockery

<77e2ff6964082e0ad1c5ebbf7cdeef42@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=9231&group=rec.arts.poems#9231

Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 18:28:56 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 18:28 UTC

General-Zod wrote:

> another classic

Thanks again for reading and commenting, Zod.