Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 05:25:04 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: "Mr. Jones" - No Spoilers
From: irishran...@gmail.com (Irish Mike)
 by: Irish Mike - Fri, 27 May 2022 12:25 UTC

This is not an easy movie to watch. It is a fact-based
drama about Welsh journalist Gareth Jones, who
travels to the Soviet Union in 1933 to look at
Stalin's collectivist "Utopia". Instead, Jones finds a
populace that is literally being starved to death.
Gareth tries to tell the rest of the world what is
really happening but few want to believe it. And,
just like today, any Russian journalists who dare to
speak out don't live long.

Many of the people being starved to death in this movie
were Ukrainians - which ties in with how the
Russians are slaughtering them today.

One of the scariest things about this film is the
fact that it shows just how much Stalin and Putin are alike.
They're both cold-hearted, power crazed, bloodthirsty evil
bastards and if there is a hell - they've both earned a place there.

Irish Mike

P.S. Mr. Pig, please over look my religious reference.

Re: "Mr. Jones" - No Spoilers

<0e5kK.51384$vAW9.43815@fx10.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6361&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6361

Subject: Re: "Mr. Jones" - No Spoilers
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 10:28:06 -0400
 by: moviePig - Fri, 27 May 2022 14:28 UTC

On 5/27/2022 8:25 AM, Irish Mike wrote:
> This is not an easy movie to watch. It is a fact-based
> drama about Welsh journalist Gareth Jones, who
> travels to the Soviet Union in 1933 to look at
> Stalin's collectivist "Utopia". Instead, Jones finds a
> populace that is literally being starved to death.
> Gareth tries to tell the rest of the world what is
> really happening but few want to believe it. And,
> just like today, any Russian journalists who dare to
> speak out don't live long.
>
> Many of the people being starved to death in this movie
> were Ukrainians - which ties in with how the
> Russians are slaughtering them today.
>
> One of the scariest things about this film is the
> fact that it shows just how much Stalin and Putin are alike.
> They're both cold-hearted, power crazed, bloodthirsty evil
> bastards and if there is a hell - they've both earned a place there.
>
> Irish Mike
>
> P.S. Mr. Pig, please overlook my religious reference.

I had to read three times even to *find* your "religious reference".

Overlook it? I *live* by it...

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.973784937.6662/flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

( https://tinyurl.com/2vzw7ns3 )