From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
Subject: Pearls Before Swine: Judgement
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 13:03:31 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sun, 31 Oct 2021 18:03 UTC

Pearls Before Swine: Judgement
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/10/30

Yup, I'll bet that those are not kind words being spray painted on the
garage.

And as a treat, here is the Sunday comic.
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/10/31

I am fairly sure that Bicycle Jeff is getting his garage spray painted also.

Lynn

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Judgement

<r1uwKw.11nE@kithrup.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=63781&group=rec.arts.sf.written#63781

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.comics.strips
From: djhe...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt)
Subject: Re: Pearls Before Swine: Judgement
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 19:24:32 GMT
 by: Dorothy J Heydt - Sun, 31 Oct 2021 19:24 UTC

In article <slmlpk$cbi$1@dont-email.me>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>Pearls Before Swine: Judgement
> https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/10/30
>
>Yup, I'll bet that those are not kind words being spray painted on the
>garage.
>
>And as a treat, here is the Sunday comic.
> https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/10/31
>
>I am fairly sure that Bicycle Jeff is getting his garage spray painted also.

We can hope!

In other news, my daughter just came hurrying down the door,
shouting, "I've got to get to the store, it's an emergency!"

"A Halloween emergency?" I asked.

"We don't have any candy!"

Now under ordinary circumstances, she would have had huge stocks
of Halloween candy all ready to go last week.

But she and Walkyr spent Friday driving down to Los Angeles to
attend a Danny Elfman concert, featuring a lot of _Nightmare
Before Christmas_ music, including the original Oogie Boogie doing
his thing), sleeping in a low-cost hotel, and driving back on
Saturday. So now she has a Halloween emergency.

(Last year, with lockdown on, she bought some 3- or 4-inch
diameter aluminium tubing and ran it from the top of the porch to
the bottom landing. There weren't many trick-or-treaters, but
those who showed up got their candy at a social distance. She
had me on the porch for a while, with a pointy witch's hat on and
my long grey hair trailing down around my face. Ten points for
style.)

--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Judgement

<e972ba3d-f5a3-487a-ae99-4016a0e80b66n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=63805&group=rec.arts.sf.written#63805

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 01:42:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: kev...@my-deja.com (Kevrob)
 by: Kevrob - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 08:42 UTC

On Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 3:35:03 PM UTC-4, Dorothy J Heydt wrote:
> In article <slmlpk$cbi$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >Pearls Before Swine: Judgement
> > https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/10/30
> >
> >Yup, I'll bet that those are not kind words being spray painted on the
> >garage.
> >
> >And as a treat, here is the Sunday comic.
> > https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/10/31
> >
> >I am fairly sure that Bicycle Jeff is getting his garage spray painted also.
> We can hope!

He got the Superman backstory wrong, so he deserves it.

> In other news, my daughter just came hurrying down the door,
> shouting, "I've got to get to the store, it's an emergency!"
>
> "A Halloween emergency?" I asked.
>
> "We don't have any candy!"
>
> Now under ordinary circumstances, she would have had huge stocks
> of Halloween candy all ready to go last week.
>
> But she and Walkyr spent Friday driving down to Los Angeles to
> attend a Danny Elfman concert, featuring a lot of _Nightmare
> Before Christmas_ music, including the original Oogie Boogie doing
> his thing), sleeping in a low-cost hotel, and driving back on
> Saturday. So now she has a Halloween emergency.

Was there any Oingo Boingo to go with the Oogie Boogie?

> (Last year, with lockdown on, she bought some 3- or 4-inch
> diameter aluminium tubing and ran it from the top of the porch to
> the bottom landing. There weren't many trick-or-treaters, but
> those who showed up got their candy at a social distance. She
> had me on the porch for a while, with a pointy witch's hat on and
> my long grey hair trailing down around my face. Ten points for
> style.)

We were completely unbothered by TorTers this year. The town had
a lot of centrally located events for the kids, at places such as one of
the libraries. I know 10-year-old me wouldn't have put my neighborhood
on this route: too much hill to climb. There are better pickings on flat
ground not too far away.

My siblings and I used to check maps before we went out after dinner
so that we could hit the most houses without having to backtrack. Before
dinner the older kids took the younger (and slower) sibs out to as many
homes as we could before they wore out . The first year one was allowed
out with "the big kids" was a huge deal.

We lived in the part of our village that was built prior to World War II, and
the houses had smaller lots the closer one got to the "downtown" commercial
district.

--
Kevin R

Re: Pearls Before Swine: Judgement

<r1wAKn.CH3@kithrup.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=63806&group=rec.arts.sf.written#63806

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: djhe...@kithrup.com (Dorothy J Heydt)
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2021 13:24:23 GMT
 by: Dorothy J Heydt - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 13:24 UTC

In article <e972ba3d-f5a3-487a-ae99-4016a0e80b66n@googlegroups.com>,
Kevrob <kevrob@my-deja.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, October 31, 2021 at 3:35:03 PM UTC-4, Dorothy J Heydt wrote:
>> In article <slmlpk$cbi$1...@dont-email.me>,
>> Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >Pearls Before Swine: Judgement
>> > https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/10/30
>> >
>> >Yup, I'll bet that those are not kind words being spray painted on the
>> >garage.
>> >
>> >And as a treat, here is the Sunday comic.
>> > https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/10/31
>> >
>> >I am fairly sure that Bicycle Jeff is getting his garage spray painted also.
>> We can hope!
>>

>He got the Superman backstory wrong, so he deserves it.
>
>> In other news, my daughter just came hurrying down the door,
>> shouting, "I've got to get to the store, it's an emergency!"
>>
>> "A Halloween emergency?" I asked.
>>
>> "We don't have any candy!"
>>
>> Now under ordinary circumstances, she would have had huge stocks
>> of Halloween candy all ready to go last week.
>>
>> But she and Walkyr spent Friday driving down to Los Angeles to
>> attend a Danny Elfman concert, featuring a lot of _Nightmare
>> Before Christmas_ music, including the original Oogie Boogie doing
>> his thing), sleeping in a low-cost hotel, and driving back on
>> Saturday. So now she has a Halloween emergency.
>>

>Was there any Oingo Boingo to go with the Oogie Boogie?

I have no idea; I wasn't there.

Googling Oingo Boingo, I observe they were a previous Elfman
band, so maybe.

>> (Last year, with lockdown on, she bought some 3- or 4-inch
>> diameter aluminium tubing and ran it from the top of the porch to
>> the bottom landing. There weren't many trick-or-treaters, but
>> those who showed up got their candy at a social distance. She
>> had me on the porch for a while, with a pointy witch's hat on and
>> my long grey hair trailing down around my face. Ten points for
>> style.)
>
>We were completely unbothered by TorTers this year. The town had
>a lot of centrally located events for the kids, at places such as one of
>the libraries. I know 10-year-old me wouldn't have put my neighborhood
>on this route: too much hill to climb. There are better pickings on flat
>ground not too far away.

Sensible!

Because we live on a hill, we get fewer trick-or-treaters, though
Meg reported a fair crop last night. Plenty of candy left over,
which is better than running out.

--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California