Don't wake me up too soon... Gonna take a ride across the moon... You and me.

arts / rec.arts.startrek.current / Yet Another Prequel Series

SubjectAuthor
* Yet Another Prequel SeriesFaux Dameron
+* Re: Yet Another Prequel SeriesJoey Jolley
|`- Re: Yet Another Prequel SeriesYour Name
`* Re: Yet Another Prequel SeriesWindsor Morgan
 +- Re: Yet Another Prequel SeriesYour Name
 `- Re: Yet Another Prequel SeriesGoetz Schultz

1
Subject: Yet Another Prequel Series
From: Faux Dameron
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 13:25 UTC
From: fauxdame...@mailfence.com (Faux Dameron)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 09:25:18 -0400
View all headers
According to Nerdist, there is yet another prequel series on the way with
Capt. Pike on the Enterprise before Star Trek: TOS.

If they can't write stories expanding the universe without ruining the
continuity, then its time to put Star Trek down for 5-10 years until
someone comes along who can.

Subject: Re: Yet Another Prequel Series
From: Joey Jolley
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 21:33 UTC
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 14:33:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: joeyjoll...@gmail.com (Joey Jolley)
On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 7:25:19 AM UTC-6, Faux Dameron wrote:
According to Nerdist, there is yet another prequel series on the way with
Capt. Pike on the Enterprise before Star Trek: TOS.

If they can't write stories expanding the universe without ruining the
continuity, then its time to put Star Trek down for 5-10 years until
someone comes along who can.

     CBS and Secret Hideout are just running the franchise into the ground. They don't care about the fans. All they care about is their own selfish agendas, lining their pockets with money, money, money, and their own egos.

     CBS and Secret Hideout are the stupidest people in the entertainment business.

From: Your Name
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 02:14 UTC
From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 14:14:45 +1200
On 2020-05-19 21:33:11 +0000, Joey Jolley said:

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 7:25:19 AM UTC-6, Faux Dameron wrote:
According to Nerdist, there is yet another prequel series on the way with
Capt. Pike on the Enterprise before Star Trek: TOS.

If they can't write stories expanding the universe without ruining the
continuity, then its time to put Star Trek down for 5-10 years until
someone comes along who can.

     CBS and Secret Hideout are just running the franchise into the ground. They don't care about the fans.

Almost nobody in Hollyweird gives a damn about the fans.

All they care about is their own selfish agendas, lining their pockets with money, money, money, and their own egos.

That covers almost everyone in Hollyweird.

     CBS and Secret Hideout are the stupidest people in the entertainment business.

The stupidest people in the entertainment busines is a massively long list that also includes JJ Abrams, Tom Cruise, Johnny Deep, Tim Burton, Ron Moore, Justin Bieber, the idiots who greenlit a female-ised Doctor Who simply to appease the Politically Correct brigade, the lazy-asses at Disney who are remaking their entire animation back catalogue as "live-action" versions, and *everyone* who thinks making a "reboot" is a good idea, ...

From: Windsor Morgan
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 03:46 UTC
From: windsor....@gmail.com (Windsor Morgan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 23:46:06 -0400
View all headers
Faux Dameron wrote:
If they can't write stories expanding the universe without ruining the
continuity, then its time to put Star Trek down for 5-10 years until
someone comes along who can.

The thing is, they did stop making Star Trek TV shows for 12 years ("Enterprise" to "Discovery") and they still can't deal properly with the continuity (and I say that as someone who likes "Discovery").

--
'Verily, there be no leader as wise as the Vision!'
Windsor Morgan

From: Your Name
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 07:20 UTC
From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 19:20:11 +1200
On 2020-05-25 03:46:06 +0000, Windsor Morgan said:
Faux Dameron wrote:

If they can't write stories expanding the universe without ruining the
continuity, then its time to put Star Trek down for 5-10 years until
someone comes along who can.

The thing is, they did stop making Star Trek TV shows for 12 years ("Enterprise" to "Discovery") and they still can't deal properly with the continuity (and I say that as someone who likes "Discovery").

Because "Enterprise" screwed everything up (trying to be "Trek for non-Trek fans"), then JarJar Abram's came along and made it even worse with his idiotic and pointless "reboot". What is laughingly called the "Star Trek franchise" these days is just a hopeless mess of inconsistent rubbish.  :-(

From: Goetz Schultz
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 11:22 UTC
From: ng-delet...@goetz.co.uk (Goetz Schultz)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.startrek.current
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 12:22:57 +0100
Hi,

On 25/05/2020 04:46, Windsor Morgan wrote:
Faux Dameron wrote:
If they can't write stories expanding the universe without ruining the
continuity, then its time to put Star Trek down for 5-10 years until
someone comes along who can.

The thing is, they did stop making Star Trek TV shows for 12 years
("Enterprise" to "Discovery") and they still can't deal properly with
the continuity (and I say that as someone who likes "Discovery").

To be honest, I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt. Being
ST-hooked from the TOS, I think all versions are good and bad (DS9 Realm
is my favourite) and even Discovery has it's place. Although I must
admit that the scenery and star ships internal setups are a bit
confusing, if not outright weird - unless the newer versions are more
designed to match the JJ Abrams timeline. They definitely do not work
with the "classics" (up to and including Voyager).

For PICARD: For me a total waste of time. The whole series looks like
what would have worked in the past as one episode and blew it up to a
series.  From that point of view, it can only get better.

\\//.

G.