From: jdnic...@panix.com (James Nicoll)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: [tears] Deryni Checkmate (The Chronicles of the Deryni, volume 2) by Katherine Kurtz
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 14:06:59 -0000 (UTC)
 by: James Nicoll - Sun, 31 Oct 2021 14:06 UTC

Deryni Checkmate (The Chronicles of the Deryni, volume 2) by Katherine Kurtz

https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/the-knights-come-riding-two-and-two

Re: [tears] Deryni Checkmate (The Chronicles of the Deryni, volume 2) by Katherine Kurtz

<robertaw-A870D1.09492631102021@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=63775&group=rec.arts.sf.written#63775

From: rober...@drizzle.com (Robert Woodward)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 09:49:26 -0700
 by: Robert Woodward - Sun, 31 Oct 2021 16:49 UTC

In article <slm7u3$i3g$1@reader1.panix.com>,
jdnicoll@panix.com (James Nicoll) wrote:

> Deryni Checkmate (The Chronicles of the Deryni, volume 2) by Katherine Kurtz
>
> https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/the-knights-come-riding-two-and-two

I have referred to this book as Alaric Morgon's hell ride. Things kept
getting worse and worse until he reaches the end and receives the final
and greatest blow. BTW, I will point out that both _The Fellowship of
the Ring_ and _The Two Towers_ end in cliffhangers (because they were
merely installments of a very big book).

�-----------------------------------------------------
Robert Woodward robertaw@drizzle.com

Re: [tears] Deryni Checkmate (The Chronicles of the Deryni, volume 2) by Katherine Kurtz

<XnsADD4B8D5DC142taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=63793&group=rec.arts.sf.written#63793

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Ninapenda Jibini)
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 01:10:12 GMT
 by: Ninapenda Jibini - Mon, 1 Nov 2021 01:10 UTC

jdnicoll@panix.com (James Nicoll) wrote in

> Deryni Checkmate (The Chronicles of the Deryni, volume 2) by
> Katherine Kurtz
>
> https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/the-knights-come-riding-two-a
> nd-two

I don't recall that there has ever been any indication there is a
Pope or Reme equivalent. The Church is inspired more by (but not
based on) the Celtic Church before it reunited with Rome, or, more
likely, some fantasy version thereof from the SCA (which Kurtz was
quite involved in at the time).

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Re: [tears] Deryni Checkmate (The Chronicles of the Deryni, volume 2) by Katherine Kurtz

<smp6aa$j8o$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=64361&group=rec.arts.sf.written#64361

From: davidjoh...@yahoo.com (David Johnston)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: [tears] Deryni Checkmate (The Chronicles of the Deryni, volume 2)
by Katherine Kurtz
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 13:13:43 -0700
 by: David Johnston - Sat, 13 Nov 2021 20:13 UTC

On 2021-10-31 8:06 a.m., James Nicoll wrote:
> Deryni Checkmate (The Chronicles of the Deryni, volume 2) by Katherine Kurtz
>
> https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/the-knights-come-riding-two-and-two

The Church of Gwynedd is not the Roman Catholic Church. There is no
Pope. It's a cross between Anglicanism and so-called "Celtic"
Christianity. Also it's actually likely that the healing touch, is a
genetically distinct superpower from the real Deryni powers just as the
Haldane gift is.