For fast-acting relief, try slowing down.

arts / alt.history.what-if / Re: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compensate for its World War II losses?

SubjectAuthor
* The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese menWolfBear
+* Re: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young ChineseWolfBear
|`* Re: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compThe Horny Goat
| `* Re: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young ChineseWolfBear
|  `- Re: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compThe Horny Goat
`- Re: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compSolomonW

1
The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compensate for its World War II losses?

<fe3f2532-6050-4b6a-b838-8807fbe4323an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6446&group=alt.history.what-if#6446

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 19:19:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese men
to compensate for its World War II losses?
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 02:19 UTC

What if the Soviet Union would have decided to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compensate for its extremely huge World War II demographic losses, especially among its young men?

In 1950, there were only 62 males aged 25-49 in the Russian SFSR for every 100 females in this specific age range:

https://i.redd.it/bvyej003gwv11.png

The figures for the Ukrainian SSR and Belarusian SSR were 65 males aged 25-49 for every 100 such females and 69 males aged 25-49 for every 100 such females, respectively. This is all visible in this map.

So, Yeah, since China has A LOT OF people and would also go Communist after the end of World War II, why not have the Soviet Union decide to import a lot of young Chinese men to compensate for this demographic shortfall? I mean, the Soviet leadership nominally claimed to be multiculturalists and whatnot, so this would simply be another stage in their multicultural experiment. Importing a lot of young men from a fellow brotherly Communist country shouldn't be too difficult to pull off, especially if the Sino-Soviet split will be avoided or at least smoothed over. And China could make up for this by allowing its remaining young men to have up to two wives--or something like that.

Anyway, what do you think?

Re: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compensate for its World War II losses?

<12dd76f6-c022-4742-85f4-e25d7352d94bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6447&group=alt.history.what-if#6447

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 19:21:45 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese
men to compensate for its World War II losses?
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 02:21 UTC

On Friday, June 18, 2021 at 7:19:34 PM UTC-7, WolfBear wrote:
> What if the Soviet Union would have decided to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compensate for its extremely huge World War II demographic losses, especially among its young men?
>
> In 1950, there were only 62 males aged 25-49 in the Russian SFSR for every 100 females in this specific age range:
>
> https://i.redd.it/bvyej003gwv11.png
>
> The figures for the Ukrainian SSR and Belarusian SSR were 65 males aged 25-49 for every 100 such females and 69 males aged 25-49 for every 100 such females, respectively. This is all visible in this map.
>
> So, Yeah, since China has A LOT OF people and would also go Communist after the end of World War II, why not have the Soviet Union decide to import a lot of young Chinese men to compensate for this demographic shortfall? I mean, the Soviet leadership nominally claimed to be multiculturalists and whatnot, so this would simply be another stage in their multicultural experiment. Importing a lot of young men from a fellow brotherly Communist country shouldn't be too difficult to pull off, especially if the Sino-Soviet split will be avoided or at least smoothed over. And China could make up for this by allowing its remaining young men to have up to two wives--or something like that.
>
> Anyway, what do you think?

Of course, I suppose that another, less divisive solution might be to simply allow each and every Soviet man from a demographic group that has suffered severe World War II demographic losses--especially for its men--to have up to two wives. With 62 young Russian males for every 100 young Russian females, the math would indeed work out in regards to this--and this is assuming that not every surviving young Russian male would actually want two wives even if this was actually allowed.

Re: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compensate for its World War II losses?

<26brcgt034iannfgdlqmm7q3jgqfgk420d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6456&group=alt.history.what-if#6456

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Subject: Re: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compensate for its World War II losses?
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 01:42:47 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 08:42 UTC

On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 19:21:45 -0700 (PDT), WolfBear <m4josh@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Of course, I suppose that another, less divisive solution might be to simpl=
>y allow each and every Soviet man from a demographic group that has suffere=
>d severe World War II demographic losses--especially for its men--to have u=
>p to two wives. With 62 young Russian males for every 100 young Russian fem=
>ales, the math would indeed work out in regards to this--and this is assumi=
>ng that not every surviving young Russian male would actually want two wive=
>s even if this was actually allowed.

Even if you assume this scenario that's 62-69 LIVING males - and by
1945 there were LOTS of wounded men about who were biologically able
to sire children though not necessarily fit enough to earn enough to
raise them. Plus a huge number of widows with children or orphans. I
read there were supposed to ahve been something like 200000 orphans in
Leningrad alone. There were LOTS of permanently wounded men in all
countries who had been at war but nowhere more so than the Soviet
Union.

Re: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compensate for its World War II losses?

<eryq1bif19ut$.1xb0xiuxxd0r2.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6459&group=alt.history.what-if#6459

From: Solom...@citi.com (SolomonW)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 20:42:38 +1000
 by: SolomonW - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 10:42 UTC

On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 19:19:33 -0700 (PDT), WolfBear wrote:

> What if the Soviet Union would have decided to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compensate for its extremely huge World War II demographic losses, especially among its young men?
>
> In 1950, there were only 62 males aged 25-49 in the Russian SFSR for every 100 females in this specific age range:
>
> https://i.redd.it/bvyej003gwv11.png
>
> The figures for the Ukrainian SSR and Belarusian SSR were 65 males aged 25-49 for every 100 such females and 69 males aged 25-49 for every 100 such females, respectively. This is all visible in this map.
>
> So, Yeah, since China has A LOT OF people and would also go Communist after the end of World War II, why not have the Soviet Union decide to import a lot of young Chinese men to compensate for this demographic shortfall? I mean, the Soviet leadership nominally claimed to be multiculturalists and whatnot, so this would simply be another stage in their multicultural experiment. Importing a lot of young men from a fellow brotherly Communist country shouldn't be too difficult to pull off, especially if the Sino-Soviet split will be avoided or at least smoothed over. And China could make up for this by allowing its remaining young men to have up to two wives--or something like that.
>
> Anyway, what do you think?

Even for China, that is a lot of people to export.

Re: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compensate for its World War II losses?

<335bd1dc-fc6f-482b-9ada-c6d4244f1e00n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6462&group=alt.history.what-if#6462

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 10:52:54 -0700 (PDT)
men to compensate for its World War II losses?
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Sat, 19 Jun 2021 17:52 UTC

On Saturday, June 19, 2021 at 1:42:52 AM UTC-7, The Horny Goat wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 19:21:45 -0700 (PDT), WolfBear <m4j...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Of course, I suppose that another, less divisive solution might be to simpl=
> >y allow each and every Soviet man from a demographic group that has suffere=
> >d severe World War II demographic losses--especially for its men--to have u=
> >p to two wives. With 62 young Russian males for every 100 young Russian fem=
> >ales, the math would indeed work out in regards to this--and this is assumi=
> >ng that not every surviving young Russian male would actually want two wive=
> >s even if this was actually allowed.
> Even if you assume this scenario that's 62-69 LIVING males - and by
> 1945 there were LOTS of wounded men about who were biologically able
> to sire children though not necessarily fit enough to earn enough to
> raise them. Plus a huge number of widows with children or orphans. I
> read there were supposed to ahve been something like 200000 orphans in
> Leningrad alone. There were LOTS of permanently wounded men in all
> countries who had been at war but nowhere more so than the Soviet
> Union.

So, why not up to three wives per man to compensate for this? Also, women themselves can have careers and earn some money of their own. And the Soviet state can also help pitch in with childcare costs.

Re: The Soviet Union decides to import huge numbers of young Chinese men to compensate for its World War II losses?

<m66tcgp70ak4e5sdeoq7463ia2d17o8v04@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6470&group=alt.history.what-if#6470

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 18:25:07 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Sun, 20 Jun 2021 01:25 UTC

On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 10:52:54 -0700 (PDT), WolfBear <m4josh@gmail.com>
wrote:

>So, why not up to three wives per man to compensate for this? Also, women themselves can have careers and earn some money of their own. And the Soviet state can also help pitch in with childcare costs.

You are starting to sound like Dr Strangelove in his discussion on
mineshafts.....