"It takes all sorts of in & out-door schooling to get adapted to my kind of fooling" -- R. Frost

arts / alt.history.what-if / In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or without a February Revolution), which non-Russian peoples are the most likely to eventually secede?

SubjectAuthor
* In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or withoutWolfBear
`* Re: In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with orRich Rostrom
 `* Re: In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with orWolfBear
  `- Re: In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or without a FebruWolfBear

1
In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or without a February Revolution), which non-Russian peoples are the most likely to eventually secede?

<50aa3a45-a6a3-4933-9dc6-4beeb06d3f4an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6481&group=alt.history.what-if#6481

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 16:05:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or without
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Mon, 21 Jun 2021 23:05 UTC

In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or without a February Revolution), which non-Russian peoples are the most likely to eventually secede from Russia? The Poles, the Finns, but who else?

For the record, I'm talking about a permanent secession from Russia at any point in time between the 1910s and the present-day--so, 2021.

Re: In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or without a February Revolution), which non-Russian peoples are the most likely to eventually secede?

<sb017s$nc7$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6510&group=alt.history.what-if#6510

From: rrost...@comcast.net (Rich Rostrom)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Subject: Re: In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 14:15:06 -0500
 by: Rich Rostrom - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 19:15 UTC

On 6/21/21 6:05 PM, WolfBear wrote:
> In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or without
> a February Revolution), which non-Russian peoples are the most likely
> to eventually secede from Russia? The Poles, the Finns, but who
> else?
>
> For the record, I'm talking about a permanent secession from Russia
> at any point in time between the 1910s and the present-day--so,
> 2021.

Finland and Poland.

Finland because it is ethnically distinct _and_
physically separated from Russia.

Poland because it has a long and recent history of being
a sovereign nation (and rebelled in pursuit of independance
twice in the 1800s, with much international sympathy).

Third might be Moldova, which could seek and win transfer
to Romania.

Of course if there is some _other_ great convulsion which
disrupts the Empire...

--
Nous sommes dans une pot de chambre, et nous y serons emmerdés.
--- General Auguste-Alexandre Ducrot at Sedan, 1870.

Re: In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or without a February Revolution), which non-Russian peoples are the most likely to eventually secede?

<6195b610-0422-4b68-94b7-929852c44efen@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6516&group=alt.history.what-if#6516

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 13:41:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 20:41 UTC

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 12:15:09 PM UTC-7, Rich Rostrom wrote:
> On 6/21/21 6:05 PM, WolfBear wrote:
> > In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or without
> > a February Revolution), which non-Russian peoples are the most likely
> > to eventually secede from Russia? The Poles, the Finns, but who
> > else?
> >
> > For the record, I'm talking about a permanent secession from Russia
> > at any point in time between the 1910s and the present-day--so,
> > 2021.
> >
> Finland and Poland.
>
> Finland because it is ethnically distinct _and_
> physically separated from Russia.
>
> Poland because it has a long and recent history of being
> a sovereign nation (and rebelled in pursuit of independance
> twice in the 1800s, with much international sympathy).
>
> Third might be Moldova, which could seek and win transfer
> to Romania.

Makes sense.

> Of course if there is some _other_ great convulsion which
> disrupts the Empire...

What exactly are you thinking of here?

> --
> Nous sommes dans une pot de chambre, et nous y serons emmerdés.
> --- General Auguste-Alexandre Ducrot at Sedan, 1870.

Re: In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or without a February Revolution), which non-Russian peoples are the most likely to eventually secede?

<9d2292a0-2ade-4faa-847d-f72d7570d77an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6517&group=alt.history.what-if#6517

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 13:42:05 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or without a February Revolution), which non-Russian peoples are the most likely to eventually secede?
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Wed, 23 Jun 2021 20:42 UTC

On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 1:41:12 PM UTC-7, WolfBear wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 12:15:09 PM UTC-7, Rich Rostrom wrote:
> > On 6/21/21 6:05 PM, WolfBear wrote:
> > > In the absence of a Bolshevik Revolution (and either with or without
> > > a February Revolution), which non-Russian peoples are the most likely
> > > to eventually secede from Russia? The Poles, the Finns, but who
> > > else?
> > >
> > > For the record, I'm talking about a permanent secession from Russia
> > > at any point in time between the 1910s and the present-day--so,
> > > 2021.
> > >
> > Finland and Poland.
> >
> > Finland because it is ethnically distinct _and_
> > physically separated from Russia.
> >
> > Poland because it has a long and recent history of being
> > a sovereign nation (and rebelled in pursuit of independance
> > twice in the 1800s, with much international sympathy).
> >
> > Third might be Moldova, which could seek and win transfer
> > to Romania.
> >
> Makes sense.
> > Of course if there is some _other_ great convulsion which
> > disrupts the Empire...
> >
> What exactly are you thinking of here?
> > --
> > Nous sommes dans une pot de chambre, et nous y serons emmerdés.
> > --- General Auguste-Alexandre Ducrot at Sedan, 1870.

Also, what about Khiva, Bukhara, and possibly a recreated Kokand Khanate as well?