There will be big changes for you but you will be happy.

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE (no spoilers)

SubjectAuthor
* EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE (no spoilers)moviePig
`* Re: EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE (no spoilers)Your Name
 `- Re: EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE (no spoilers)ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan

1
EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE (no spoilers)

<D6FBK.492655$J0r9.252318@fx11.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6492&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6492

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Subject: EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE (no spoilers)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2022 17:12:02 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 19 Jul 2022 21:12 UTC

An American-Chinese housewife and laundromat-owner burns her candle at
both ends, to the distress of her husband and daughter. A sci-fi
fantasy comes to the rescue. EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE gives
the multifaceted Michelle Yeoh a thorough workout, and I found much of
it imaginative and enjoyable. Unfortunately, though, I eventually
overdosed on sharp left-turns and serial epiphanies. Note that this
flick appears to be very well liked by both audiences and critics. From
me and my ADD, however, it's only somewhat recommended.

Re: EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE (no spoilers)

<tb7ud0$9dc$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6497&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6497

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE (no spoilers)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 15:56:16 +1200
 by: Your Name - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 03:56 UTC

On 2022-07-19 21:12:02 +0000, moviePig said:

> An American-Chinese housewife and laundromat-owner burns her candle at
> both ends, to the distress of her husband and daughter. A sci-fi
> fantasy comes to the rescue. EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE gives
> the multifaceted Michelle Yeoh a thorough workout, and I found much of
> it imaginative and enjoyable. Unfortunately, though, I eventually
> overdosed on sharp left-turns and serial epiphanies. Note that this
> flick appears to be very well liked by both audiences and critics.
> From me and my ADD, however, it's only somewhat recommended.

From the trailer it looks like a complete mess that jumps around
allover the place. Never a good way to tell any story.

Re: EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE (no spoilers)

<jjper0Fp7mjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6499&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6499

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: 20 Jul 2022 04:32:32 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Wed, 20 Jul 2022 04:32 UTC

In article <tb7ud0$9dc$2@gioia.aioe.org>,
Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>On 2022-07-19 21:12:02 +0000, moviePig said:
>
>> An American-Chinese housewife and laundromat-owner burns her candle at
>> both ends, to the distress of her husband and daughter. A sci-fi
>> fantasy comes to the rescue. EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE gives
>> the multifaceted Michelle Yeoh a thorough workout, and I found much of
>> it imaginative and enjoyable. Unfortunately, though, I eventually
>> overdosed on sharp left-turns and serial epiphanies. Note that this
>> flick appears to be very well liked by both audiences and critics.
>> From me and my ADD, however, it's only somewhat recommended.
>
>From the trailer it looks like a complete mess that jumps around
>allover the place. Never a good way to tell any story.

I reviewed it here a few months ago. It's a bit over-long, but
well worth your while IMHO. It does jump about, but the overarching
family & audit arcs keep it tied together.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE (no spoilers)