From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "Elon_Musk_tells_SpaceX_employees_that_Starship_engine_
crisis_is_creating_a_‘risk_of_bankruptcy’"
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 18:13:31 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 00:13 UTC

"Elon Musk tells SpaceX employees that Starship engine crisis is
creating a ‘risk of bankruptcy’"
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/30/elon-musk-to-spacex-starships-raptor-engine-crisis-risks-bankruptcy.html

"Elon Musk described a dire situation with SpaceX’s development of
Raptor rocket engines the day after Thanksgiving in a companywide email,
a copy of which was obtained by CNBC."

"“The Raptor production crisis is much worse than it seemed a few weeks
ago,” Musk wrote."

"Raptor engines power the company’s Starship rocket, with Musk adding
that SpaceX faces “genuine risk of bankruptcy if we cannot achieve a
Starship flight rate of at least once every two weeks next year.”"

That is a heck of a goal for a space ship that has not been in space yet.

Hat tip to:
https://www.drudgereport.com/

Lynn

Re: "Elon Musk tells SpaceX employees that Starship engine crisis is creating a ‘risk of bankruptcy’"

<so6j72$vi1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=65033&group=rec.arts.sf.written#65033

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re:_"Elon_Musk_tells_SpaceX_employees_that_Starship_e
ngine_crisis_is_creating_a_‘risk_of_bankruptcy’
"
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 19:30:10 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Wed, 1 Dec 2021 01:30 UTC

On 11/30/2021 6:13 PM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> "Elon Musk tells SpaceX employees that Starship engine crisis is
> creating a ‘risk of bankruptcy’"
>
> https://www.cnbc.com/2021/11/30/elon-musk-to-spacex-starships-raptor-engine-crisis-risks-bankruptcy.html
>

> "Elon Musk described a dire situation with SpaceX’s development of
> Raptor rocket engines the day after Thanksgiving in a companywide email,
> a copy of which was obtained by CNBC."
>
> "“The Raptor production crisis is much worse than it seemed a few weeks
> ago,” Musk wrote."
>
> "Raptor engines power the company’s Starship rocket, with Musk adding
> that SpaceX faces “genuine risk of bankruptcy if we cannot achieve a
> Starship flight rate of at least once every two weeks next year.”"
>
> That is a heck of a goal for a space ship that has not been in space yet.
>
> Hat tip to:
>    https://www.drudgereport.com/
>
> Lynn

My guess is that when EM moved the raptor engine shop from California to
Waco, TX a while back, he did not put any startup time into his
estimates of getting to producing 100 rocket engines/month. EM is both
scaling the California shop (producing 2 ? 4 ? 10 ? rocket
engines/month) into the new Waco shop and creating the new Waco shop
simultaneously. Sounds heroic to me.
https://www.kwtx.com/2021/07/11/elon-musk-says-spacex-planning-second-rocket-facility-near-waco/

Lynn