Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Subject: IN THE EARTH (no spoilers)
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 15:03:16 -0400
 by: moviePig - Sat, 23 Jul 2022 19:03 UTC

With civilization in a state of virus-induced paranoia, a researcher
hikes to find a colleague in a remote forest, where, it seems, something
unexpected lives. IN THE EARTH is from writer-director Ben Wheatley,
who is normally worth trusting for his vigorous style and ambitious
content ...and, sure enough, this horror flick delivers lots of both.
Unfortunately, I'm bending my sacrosanct no-spoilers rule to disclose
that Wheatley here obliquely ducks what I felt were his narrative's big
promises. Unconscionably self-indulgent, imo. Minimally recommended.