Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 19:57:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Q&A With Hasbro at San Diego Comic-Con 2022
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 02:57 UTC

There was an interview with Evan Brooks of the Transformers team while he was at SDCC 2022, and the link is here:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/07/25/sdcc-hasbro-kotobukiya-show-floor-qa-461912

Some of the highlights:

- No Transformers characters are off-limits for future toy lines. Characters from the TV series, comic books, Animated, etc. are all possible.

- Titan-class toys will proceed for the forseeable future.

- Hasbro is aware fans are asking for a new Tidal Wave.

- Mark Maher was primarily responsible for pushing for Hasbro to interact with the fandom more through Instagram and such.

- Possible ideas for future releases include Mini-Cons to go with the Armada characters and a weapons pack of Cyber Planet Keys for the Cybertron characters.

- When asked which Transformers figure he would most want to see made, Evan said it would be a Studio Series '86 version of Optimus Prime.

- The plan is for Legacy to run for three years as a trilogy.

- Regarding the way non-G1 characters have been Geewunnified, Hasbro is aware of the fan feedback so they're looking at finding a better balance.

- There has been some talk about expanding the Studio Series beyond characters who appear in movies.

Zob (I mean, an animation studio that does TV shows is still a "studio," right?)

Re: Q&A With Hasbro at San Diego Comic-Con 2022

<048fee13-b6c8-4891-933d-7bb97806d110n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6526&group=alt.toys.transformers#6526

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 23:36:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Q&A With Hasbro at San Diego Comic-Con 2022
From: evil.kin...@gmail.com (Evil King Macrocranios)
 by: Evil King Macrocrani - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 06:36 UTC

On Monday, July 25, 2022 at 7:57:58 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> There was an interview with Evan Brooks of the Transformers team while he was at SDCC 2022, and the link is here:
> https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/07/25/sdcc-hasbro-kotobukiya-show-floor-qa-461912

> - When asked which Transformers figure he would most want to see made, Evan said it would be a Studio Series '86 version of Optimus Prime.

OMG I wonder if he means a new mold or just a cel shaded redeco of the Earthrise/Kingdom one or the E.R./K one with a slightly remolded head or what. I guess it is slightly unusual for any TF line or subline to not have an Optimus Prime in it, and I think so far SS '86 doesn't?

Re: Q&A With Hasbro at San Diego Comic-Con 2022

<tboe8t$1pgs$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6527&group=alt.toys.transformers#6527

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 10:05:17 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 10:05 UTC

Zobovor <zmfts@aol.com> wrote:
> There was an interview with Evan Brooks of the Transformers team while he
> was at SDCC 2022, and the link is here:
>
> https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/07/25/sdcc-hasbro-kotobukiya-show-floor-qa-461912
>
> Some of the highlights:
>
> - No Transformers characters are off-limits for future toy lines.
> Characters from the TV series, comic books, Animated, etc. are all possible.

Kiss Players, not rejected!

And that weird snail Escargon with the Love Love Lancer that can forcibly
reassign gender!

A Megatron-Ratchet combiner!

> - Possible ideas for future releases include Mini-Cons to go with the
> Armada characters and a weapons pack of Cyber Planet Keys for the Cybertron characters.

Do the Legacy Cybertron characters have anywhere for the Cyber key to go?
Did anyone like the keys? (Cybertron had a lot of great toys, but the keys
were kind of… there.

> - When asked which Transformers figure he would most want to see made,
> Evan said it would be a Studio Series '86 version of Optimus Prime.

Didn’t we already get this as Alternate Universe Optimus Prime?

I would rather have Dark Designs Optimus than anything.

> - The plan is for Legacy to run for three years as a trilogy.

Is there a theme to each year? Has there been a theme to this year?

> - Regarding the way non-G1 characters have been Geewunnified, Hasbro is
> aware of the fan feedback so they're looking at finding a better balance.

Good.

> - There has been some talk about expanding the Studio Series beyond
> characters who appear in movies.
>
> Zob (I mean, an animation studio that does TV shows is still a "studio," right?)

I have no idea what this would mean and how Legacy would be different.
Colors closer to animation colors? Non-G1-ified characters from other
series? A transforming Michael Bay? Every animation error from FFoD?

Re: Q&A With Hasbro at San Diego Comic-Con 2022

<1ac6b22e-e98c-440f-bc94-ff8d615b5811n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6529&group=alt.toys.transformers#6529

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 05:19:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 12:19 UTC

On Monday, July 25, 2022 at 9:57:58 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> There was an interview with Evan Brooks of the Transformers team while he was at SDCC 2022, and the link is here:
>
> https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/07/25/sdcc-hasbro-kotobukiya-show-floor-qa-461912
>
> Some of the highlights:
>
> - No Transformers characters are off-limits for future toy lines. Characters from the TV series, comic books, Animated, etc. are all possible.
>
> - Titan-class toys will proceed for the forseeable future.
>
> - Hasbro is aware fans are asking for a new Tidal Wave.
>
> - Mark Maher was primarily responsible for pushing for Hasbro to interact with the fandom more through Instagram and such.
>
> - Possible ideas for future releases include Mini-Cons to go with the Armada characters and a weapons pack of Cyber Planet Keys for the Cybertron characters.
>
> - When asked which Transformers figure he would most want to see made, Evan said it would be a Studio Series '86 version of Optimus Prime.
>
> - The plan is for Legacy to run for three years as a trilogy.
>
> - Regarding the way non-G1 characters have been Geewunnified, Hasbro is aware of the fan feedback so they're looking at finding a better balance.
>
> - There has been some talk about expanding the Studio Series beyond characters who appear in movies.
>

> Zob (I mean, an animation studio that does TV shows is still a "studio," right?)

From what I heard they were also asking about doing the original 13 Primes, and that might be in the works if they can ever decide how to do them.

Also when asked if the Takara Armada Optimus might be a Haslab thing in the US, they said that technically no Optimus can ever be a Haslab project, that Optimus stands on his own.