From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Spinoff in the Works
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 09:46:56 +1200
 by: Your Name - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 21:46 UTC

'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Spinoff in the Works
With 'Cobra Kai' Creators at Paramount

<https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ferris-buellers-day-off-spinoff-1235346008/>

Not a prequel, not a sequel, but a spin-off set at the same time as the
original film (obviously it requires new actors cast in the roles,
which along with the usual "I know better than the original" attitudes
in Hollywerid, means it will be just another disaster) ...

Titled "Sam and Victor's Day Off," the film is a side story
that focuses on the titular characters on the same day as
Ferris (Matthew Broderick), Cameron (Alan Ruck) and Sloane
(Mia Sara) skipped school in the '86 flick. In the original
film, Sam and Victor were valets who took Cameron's father's
red Ferrari on a joy-ride. The characters went unnamed in
the original film, and were portrayed by Richard Edson and
the late Larry "Flash" Jenkins.

Re: 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Spinoff in the Works

<3rh4gh1vk3c4s8bs1547uvmn6u3aeah3vp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6573&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6573

From: NoB...@nowhere.com (NoBody)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Spinoff in the Works
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 10:55:56 -0400
 by: NoBody - Sun, 21 Aug 2022 14:55 UTC

On Sat, 20 Aug 2022 09:46:56 +1200, Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
wrote:

> 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Spinoff in the Works
> With 'Cobra Kai' Creators at Paramount
>

><https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ferris-buellers-day-off-spinoff-1235346008/>
>

>Not a prequel, not a sequel, but a spin-off set at the same time as the
>original film (obviously it requires new actors cast in the roles,
>which along with the usual "I know better than the original" attitudes
>in Hollywerid, means it will be just another disaster) ...
>
> Titled "Sam and Victor's Day Off," the film is a side story
> that focuses on the titular characters on the same day as
> Ferris (Matthew Broderick), Cameron (Alan Ruck) and Sloane
> (Mia Sara) skipped school in the '86 flick. In the original
> film, Sam and Victor were valets who took Cameron's father's
> red Ferrari on a joy-ride. The characters went unnamed in
> the original film, and were portrayed by Richard Edson and
> the late Larry "Flash" Jenkins.

It will be a woke disaster, just like everything that is being remade
now.