Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 20:29:56 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Legacy has a crapload of Decepticons in the main line
From: pork.not...@gmail.com (Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats)
 by: Gustavo Wombat, of t - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 03:29 UTC

Doing a quick count from TFWiki, there are 11 Autobots/Maximals vs 20 Decepticons/Predacons.

There was a cartoon pitched for the series, but Netflix wasn't interested, and given that imbalance, I would kind of want to see it, as it would have had to have had a very different focus because of all the Decepticons.

You can balance the cast a lot by bringing in the exclusives, but I would expect exclusives to generally get a smaller part (and no one wants to enrage Target by making a Wal-Mart character a main character or vice versa)

Velocitron: 7 Autobots, 1 Decepticon
Walmart Misc: 1 Autobot, 2 Decepticons
Wreck N Rule: 7 Autobots (two fossilizers, and one character already in mainline)
Buzzworthy: 4 Goodies, 4 Baddies
Target Misc: 1 Autobot

I doubt we would see HasLab or SDCC figures as part of the lineup, and likely not Selects either.

Remove WFC molds and characters, and you get rid of a most of those exclusives too, bringing it back to a very Decepticon heavy cast. (On the other hand, if you have Various Scorponok character models, Sandstorm and Black Zarak should be easy to add, so it might not be a safe assumption that WFC era molds would be excluded)

Anyway, it's a wacky, awkward, lopsided lineup, and I would have loved to see them try to cobble together a kids cartoon from it. Decepticons vs Autobots vs Predacons?

(It is sad we don't have an Armada Cyclonus toy, so we could have the Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge trio all from different continuities -- especially if the show flattened them all into one continuity for simplicity, and that was just the trio...)

(It could be like a Star Trek reboot, with James T. Kirk, Dr. Spock (the famous pediatritian), Mr. Bones (DC comics character, a skeleton), Chekhov (the Russian Playwrite...)

Re: Legacy has a crapload of Decepticons in the main line

<168225c1-896f-4cda-a94b-39d470318334n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6587&group=alt.toys.transformers#6587

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2022 15:57:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Wed, 3 Aug 2022 22:57 UTC

On Tuesday, August 2, 2022 at 9:29:57 PM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> Doing a quick count from TFWiki, there are 11 Autobots/Maximals vs 20 Decepticons/Predacons.

That seems heavily skewed. Are you counting just Legacy toys you can find in stores?

> There was a cartoon pitched for the series, but Netflix wasn't interested, and given that imbalance, I would kind of want to see it, as it would have had to have had a very different focus because of all the Decepticons.

They probably just would elect to not use all the available toys as characters. The other shows were missing toys, too.

> (It could be like a Star Trek reboot, with James T. Kirk, Dr. Spock (the famous pediatritian), Mr. Bones (DC comics character, a skeleton), Chekhov (the Russian Playwrite...)

If you show a phaser in the first act, the phaser must be used in the story by the third act.

Zob (and don't forget Scotty, the engineering genius who is also a dog)