In this world, nothing is certain but death and taxes. -- Benjamin Franklin

arts / rec.arts.poems / Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPT

SubjectAuthor
* Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPTGeorge J. Dance
+* Re: Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPTGeorge J. Dance
|`- Re: Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPTW.Dockery
+- Re: Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPTGeneral-Zod
+- Re: Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPTW.Dockery
`- Re: Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPTW.Dockery

1
Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPT

<to5hr1$1sjll$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6593&group=rec.arts.poems#6593

From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPT
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 19:41:05 -0500
 by: George J. Dance - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 00:41 UTC

Someone I deal with on another social medium has been been using the
Chat-GPT language model https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/ to write
poetry. He shared this and gave me permission to share.

The model wrote this in response to the instruction 'write an ode to
zero covid China in the style of John Keats'.

Ode to Zero Covid China

Hark, ye mortals, of a land so fair,
Where naught but peace and health doth reign,
where the dragon roars and the red sun glares,
And the people thrive in freedom's plain.

O China, land of ancient lore,
Where wisdom dwells and culture flourishes,
Thou hast vanquished the deadly virus' roar,
And thy people prospe and flourish.

In thy cities and thy countryside,
The virus doth not rear its head,
For they people are vigiland and wise,
And they follow the guidelines to keep it dead.

Re: Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPT

<to5lgg$1t0ke$1@dont-email.me>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6594&group=rec.arts.poems#6594

From: georgeda...@yahoo.ca (George J. Dance)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
Subject: Re: Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPT
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2022 20:43:44 -0500
 by: George J. Dance - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 01:43 UTC

On 2022-12-23 7:41 p.m., George J. Dance wrote:
> Someone I deal with on another social medium has been been using the
> Chat-GPT language model https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/ to write
> poetry. He shared this and gave me permission to share.
>
> The model wrote this in response to the instruction 'write an ode to
> zero covid China in the style of John Keats'.
>

> Ode to Zero Covid China
>
> Hark, ye mortals, of a land so fair,
> Where naught but peace and health doth reign,
> where the dragon roars and the red sun glares,
> And the people thrive in freedom's plain.
>
> O China, land of ancient lore,
> Where wisdom dwells and culture flourishes,
> Thou hast vanquished the deadly virus' roar,
> And thy people prosper and flourish.
>
> In thy cities and thy countryside,
> The virus doth not rear its head,
> For they people are vigilant and wise,
> And they follow the guidelines to keep it dead.

[typos corrected]

Re: Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPT

<74400fb1d10348c087c916cb20f2408f@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6611&group=rec.arts.poems#6611

Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2022 23:15:39 +0000
From: tzod9...@gmail.com (General-Zod)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: General-Zod - Tue, 27 Dec 2022 23:15 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> Someone I deal with on another social medium has been been using the
> Chat-GPT language model https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/ to write
> poetry. He shared this and gave me permission to share.

> The model wrote this in response to the instruction 'write an ode to
> zero covid China in the style of John Keats'.

> Ode to Zero Covid China

> Hark, ye mortals, of a land so fair,
> Where naught but peace and health doth reign,
> where the dragon roars and the red sun glares,
> And the people thrive in freedom's plain.

> O China, land of ancient lore,
> Where wisdom dwells and culture flourishes,
> Thou hast vanquished the deadly virus' roar,
> And thy people prospe and flourish.

> In thy cities and thy countryside,
> The virus doth not rear its head,
> For they people are vigiland and wise,
> And they follow the guidelines to keep it dead.

Quite interesting...

Re: Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPT

<cc510313ae6aa4a6191250b33669ba41@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6616&group=rec.arts.poems#6616

Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 07:09:06 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 07:09 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> Someone I deal with on another social medium has been been using the
> Chat-GPT language model https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/ to write
> poetry. He shared this and gave me permission to share.

> The model wrote this in response to the instruction 'write an ode to
> zero covid China in the style of John Keats'.

> Ode to Zero Covid China

> Hark, ye mortals, of a land so fair,
> Where naught but peace and health doth reign,
> where the dragon roars and the red sun glares,
> And the people thrive in freedom's plain.

> O China, land of ancient lore,
> Where wisdom dwells and culture flourishes,
> Thou hast vanquished the deadly virus' roar,
> And thy people prospe and flourish.

> In thy cities and thy countryside,
> The virus doth not rear its head,
> For they people are vigiland and wise,
> And they follow the guidelines to keep it dead.

I'd like to experiment with this some, myself.

Re: Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPT

<baddfe7c7e138c4c8209989ecee2b2dc@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6627&group=rec.arts.poems#6627

Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2022 02:06:55 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Fri, 30 Dec 2022 02:06 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> Someone I deal with on another social medium has been been using the
> Chat-GPT language model https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/ to write
> poetry. He shared this and gave me permission to share.

> The model wrote this in response to the instruction 'write an ode to
> zero covid China in the style of John Keats'.

> Ode to Zero Covid China

> Hark, ye mortals, of a land so fair,
> Where naught but peace and health doth reign,
> where the dragon roars and the red sun glares,
> And the people thrive in freedom's plain.

> O China, land of ancient lore,
> Where wisdom dwells and culture flourishes,
> Thou hast vanquished the deadly virus' roar,
> And thy people prospe and flourish.

> In thy cities and thy countryside,
> The virus doth not rear its head,
> For they people are vigiland and wise,
> And they follow the guidelines to keep it dead.

I've tinkered with it some, nothing to speak of yet.

Re: Ode to Zero Covid China / Chat-GPT

<d5cda38f2ab9cebe90d75e5b7c7dd4a6@news.novabbs.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7044&group=rec.arts.poems#7044

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 03:09:29 +0000
From: will.doc...@gmail.com (W.Dockery)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems,alt.arts.poetry.comments
 by: W.Dockery - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 03:09 UTC

George J. Dance wrote:

> On 2022-12-23 7:41 p.m., George J. Dance wrote:
>> Someone I deal with on another social medium has been been using the
>> Chat-GPT language model https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/ to write
>> poetry. He shared this and gave me permission to share.
>>
>> The model wrote this in response to the instruction 'write an ode to
>> zero covid China in the style of John Keats'.
>>

>> Ode to Zero Covid China
>>
>> Hark, ye mortals, of a land so fair,
>> Where naught but peace and health doth reign,
>> where the dragon roars and the red sun glares,
>> And the people thrive in freedom's plain.
>>
>> O China, land of ancient lore,
>> Where wisdom dwells and culture flourishes,
>> Thou hast vanquished the deadly virus' roar,
>> And thy people prosper and flourish.
>>
>> In thy cities and thy countryside,
>> The virus doth not rear its head,
>> For they people are vigilant and wise,
>> And they follow the guidelines to keep it dead.
>>

> [typos corrected]

Well put, George.