"Love may fail, but courtesy will previal." -- A Kurt Vonnegut fan

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Images of Studio Series 86 Ironhide Leaked

SubjectAuthor
* Images of Studio Series 86 Ironhide LeakedZobovor
`- Re: Images of Studio Series 86 Ironhide LeakedGustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

1
Images of Studio Series 86 Ironhide Leaked

<0a18fa5b-eb51-40b8-9b63-2b74a470568bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6599&group=alt.toys.transformers#6599

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 18:43:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Images of Studio Series 86 Ironhide Leaked
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 01:43 UTC

There are some images floating around of a new Studio Series Deluxe-class G1 Ironhide toy.

Robot mode:

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/08/02/studio-series-86-voyager-ironhide-first-look-462577

Vehicle mode:
https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/08/04/transformers-studio-series-86-voyager-ironhide-alt-mode-in-hand-images-462715

I kind of like it! Obviously, the Earthrise toy was partially a cost-cutting design that reused lots of elements from the Siege toy, so in some ways it was great but in other ways it was imperfect. A lot of fans have expressed a dislike of the partsformer design philosophy where great, big chunks of the vehicle mode pop off to form shields or sleds or whatnot, which was a major staple of Earthrise (Cliffjumper, Arcee, Ironhide, etc.) This design seems to be more full-integrated. Also, Ironhide was an Amazon exclusive that a lot of people had trouble finding, so it will be nice if the character is more widely accessible.

Also, you can see tabs on the roof, so it's very likely that this will get a redeco as Ratchet. (Yes, there is a Core-class G1 Ratchet coming, but that doesn't necessarily preclude a Deluxe version coming in the future).

Zob (the yellow stripe is missing from the vehicle mode, but hopefully this is just an unpainted sample or something)

Re: Images of Studio Series 86 Ironhide Leaked

<ae502c9c-0539-49a2-8156-3f2891a05bd3n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6606&group=alt.toys.transformers#6606

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 01:42:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Images of Studio Series 86 Ironhide Leaked
From: pork.not...@gmail.com (Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats)
 by: Gustavo Wombat, of t - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 08:42 UTC

On Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 6:43:26 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> There are some images floating around of a new Studio Series Deluxe-class G1 Ironhide toy.
>
> Robot mode:
>
> https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/08/02/studio-series-86-voyager-ironhide-first-look-462577
>
> Vehicle mode:
>
> https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/08/04/transformers-studio-series-86-voyager-ironhide-alt-mode-in-hand-images-462715
>
> I kind of like it! Obviously, the Earthrise toy was partially a cost-cutting design that reused lots of elements from the Siege toy, so in some ways it was great but in other ways it was imperfect. A lot of fans have expressed a dislike of the partsformer design philosophy where great, big chunks of the vehicle mode pop off to form shields or sleds or whatnot, which was a major staple of Earthrise (Cliffjumper, Arcee, Ironhide, etc.) This design seems to be more full-integrated. Also, Ironhide was an Amazon exclusive that a lot of people had trouble finding, so it will be nice if the character is more widely accessible.

It's a little weird to see them redoing characters so soon, but this does look a bit better than the Earthrise toy.

I look forward to the next iteration that is even closer to the animation model!

The view from the underside makes me a little worried that he is basically a shell former, with large swaths of van siding folding down to reveal the robot. I like the Siege design a lot, where so much is vehicle skin is part of the robot mode, and there are only two spurious panels. Earthrise felt like a step down from there with the shield, and this... we will see.

> Also, you can see tabs on the roof, so it's very likely that this will get a redeco as Ratchet. (Yes, there is a Core-class G1 Ratchet coming, but that doesn't necessarily preclude a Deluxe version coming in the future).
>

> Zob (the yellow stripe is missing from the vehicle mode, but hopefully this is just an unpainted sample or something)

There is a lot of clear plastic that has been painted red, so I think this is just going to be stripeless. They need to leave something to improve upon, don't they? (Stripe and matching the red paint to the red plastic)