Our policy is, when in doubt, do the right thing. -- Roy L. Ash, ex-president, Litton Industries

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:

SubjectAuthor
* New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:Zobovor
+* Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:Irrellius Spamticon
|+- Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:Zobovor
|`* Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats
| +- Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:Irrellius Spamticon
| `- Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:Travoltron
`- Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

1
New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:

<fdfe256a-3c23-4a36-8d8e-ba6ee85e90b3n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6601&group=alt.toys.transformers#6601

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 19:00:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 02:00 UTC

There's a new list of toys that have been solicited by Hasbro to retailers, all of them part of the Legacy toy line. (Note that the product code includes "EV" which stands for Evolutions, an early placeholder name for Legacy..)

CORE CLASS

Nemesis Prime
Grimlock
Bomb-Burst PR
Swoop
Starscream PR
Skar
Snarl

DELUXE

Prowl
Crosscut
Junkion 2
Shrapnel

VOYAGER

Nemesis Leo
Ramjet PR
Junkion
Bludgeon

I honestly can't wait to see what the Core-class Dinobots look like. Ever since we got Pretender Grimlock, I've tried to imagine what smaller, simplified versions of them would look like. I think they'll be fun.

"PR" usually denotes a package refresh (like Earthrise Arcee in Kindgom packaging). So, I'm not sure what a package refresh of Bomb-Burst could possibly mean. Some people have noted that Skar is also a bat-like character so one could possibly be a redeco of the other.

Prowl is not noted as a package refresh, so it seems unlikely it's the Amazon exclusive. It might be a new toy, similar to the all-new Ironhide we've seen making the rounds recently. Or maybe they'll surprise us all and do something crazy like RiD Prowl. Crosscut is almost certainly a Legacy Skids redeco. Shrapnel will be quite exciting—can't wait to get all the Insecticons in Deluxe scale. (I bought multiple Kickbacks to represent the Insecticon clones, and I'll be doing the same with Shrapnel and Bombshell.)

We're getting both a Junkion in Voyager format as well as a Junkion 2 at the Deluxe scale. Strange that they're playing mix-and-match with the price points, but I'm confident it will make sense once we see who it is. I hope one of them isn't a "toy colors" Wreck-Gar.

Nice to see that Ramjet is making a comeback, since he was another Amazon exclusive toy that was hard for people to find. Watch them color him slightly differently (with a grey cockpit and black fists) and force me to buy the more animation-accurate version. Grr. Very excited to see what a new Bludgeon is going to be like. Hopefully they didn't pull another Skullgrin and just make a green tank dude with a skull head.

Zob (no idea what a Nemesis Leo is, but it sounds like something I don't want)

Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:

<fc0cf76a-7004-4178-844d-dc9858fa0e91n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6603&group=alt.toys.transformers#6603

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 20:12:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 03:12 UTC

On Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 9:00:15 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> There's a new list of toys that have been solicited by Hasbro to retailers, all of them part of the Legacy toy line. (Note that the product code includes "EV" which stands for Evolutions, an early placeholder name for Legacy.)
>
> CORE CLASS
>
> Nemesis Prime
> Grimlock
> Bomb-Burst PR
> Swoop
> Starscream PR
> Skar
> Snarl
>
> DELUXE
>
> Prowl
> Crosscut
> Junkion 2
> Shrapnel
>
> VOYAGER
>
> Nemesis Leo
> Ramjet PR
> Junkion
> Bludgeon
>
> I honestly can't wait to see what the Core-class Dinobots look like. Ever since we got Pretender Grimlock, I've tried to imagine what smaller, simplified versions of them would look like. I think they'll be fun.
>
> "PR" usually denotes a package refresh (like Earthrise Arcee in Kindgom packaging). So, I'm not sure what a package refresh of Bomb-Burst could possibly mean. Some people have noted that Skar is also a bat-like character so one could possibly be a redeco of the other.
>
> Prowl is not noted as a package refresh, so it seems unlikely it's the Amazon exclusive. It might be a new toy, similar to the all-new Ironhide we've seen making the rounds recently. Or maybe they'll surprise us all and do something crazy like RiD Prowl. Crosscut is almost certainly a Legacy Skids redeco. Shrapnel will be quite exciting—can't wait to get all the Insecticons in Deluxe scale. (I bought multiple Kickbacks to represent the Insecticon clones, and I'll be doing the same with Shrapnel and Bombshell.)
>
> We're getting both a Junkion in Voyager format as well as a Junkion 2 at the Deluxe scale. Strange that they're playing mix-and-match with the price points, but I'm confident it will make sense once we see who it is. I hope one of them isn't a "toy colors" Wreck-Gar.
>
> Nice to see that Ramjet is making a comeback, since he was another Amazon exclusive toy that was hard for people to find. Watch them color him slightly differently (with a grey cockpit and black fists) and force me to buy the more animation-accurate version. Grr. Very excited to see what a new Bludgeon is going to be like. Hopefully they didn't pull another Skullgrin and just make a green tank dude with a skull head.
>

> Zob (no idea what a Nemesis Leo is, but it sounds like something I don't want)

I hope Prowl is Pr-OWL from Beast Wars, the Transmetal owl.

I'll be disappointed if the Deluxe Junkion turns out to be Kraanix or Animated Wreck Gar, but I have a feeling that the Voyager is probably a retool of a retool of Studio Wreck Gar

I find it hard to believe PR is Package refresh, I'd more expect it to be Prime Universe or something to that effect, since they'd be reaching far back to get us a lot of these. Would they really pick 1 cassette out of the Spy Patrol to give us as a core class? He seems small for a Core Class. Especially when they could have reached back for Rumble, Ratbat, or Frenzy.

I'll stick with my G2 Ramjet. I find it hard to believe they'd make an Amazon exclusive into a mass retail, even with a paint change. Normally they do a bad paintjob first then have a better one on Amazon.

Nemesis Leo sounds dumb, but then again Leo Breaker was dumb, and generally every lion or Leo or wolf transformers after BW2. Nemesis versions are usually black redecos of existing toys, but maybe he's a predeco for another toy I will somehow be even less interested in? Want to see what they do with Bludgeon though.

Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:

<fc9c11f6-326d-414c-988f-6cac7618cd88n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6605&group=alt.toys.transformers#6605

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 21:12:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 04:12 UTC

On Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 9:12:52 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> I have a feeling that the Voyager is probably a retool of a retool of Studio Wreck Gar

It's highly probable. As long as they keep remolding the key details and make the Junkions reasonably accurate to their screen appearances, I'm fine with this approach. Honestly, it's just great to get other Junkions besides Wreck-Gar in any capacity at all.

> I find it hard to believe PR is Package refresh, I'd more expect it to be Prime Universe or something to that effect, since they'd be reaching far back to get us a lot of these.

PR has always meant "package refresh," and it's been used consistently every time we've gotten an older toy in new packaging—Astrotrain, Optimus Prime, Galvatron, Wheeljack, Arcee, etc. When people first saw it, they didn't know what it meant and assumed it stood for Prime Universe, but that's never been the case.

> Would they really pick 1 cassette out of the Spy Patrol to give us as a core class?

Before he was a cassette, though, Skar was a Powermaster. Now, I have no idea what any of this means. I still tend to think that Bomb-Burst and Skar are related, though. The visual similarity would not have gone unnoticed by Hasbro. If they're doing one bat-like character, might as well do a redeco as another bat-like character and do a two-for-one special.

> I find it hard to believe they'd make an Amazon exclusive into a mass retail, even with a paint change.

There's a lot of complaining from the fandom that the Amazon exclusives were too hard to find. Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge aren't exactly throwaway characters. They were pretty important during season two. There was some buzzing about Ramjet and Dirge being reissued prior to this listing, so I think they're responding to the fan demand. It doesn't affect me much, since I got the toys the first time around, but I'm one hundred percent in favor of it if it means fans get the characters they missed.

Maybe we'll get Thrust again with a red chest, so we can have a representation of his alternate color model from episodes like "Auto Berserk."

Zob (that's just about the only way you could get me to buy the toy again)

Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:

<ab04c689-00f7-4775-b246-49b263b6eef5n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6607&group=alt.toys.transformers#6607

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 02:14:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: pork.not...@gmail.com (Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats)
 by: Gustavo Wombat, of t - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 09:14 UTC

On Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 7:00:15 PM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> There's a new list of toys that have been solicited by Hasbro to retailers, all of them part of the Legacy toy line. (Note that the product code includes "EV" which stands for Evolutions, an early placeholder name for Legacy.)
>
> CORE CLASS
>
> Nemesis Prime

It might be time to give Nemesis Prime a bit of a rest. He seems like an every third year character rather than a nearly every year character.

> Grimlock
> Bomb-Burst PR
> Swoop
> Starscream PR
> Skar

Some renamed Dinobot? There was Slash, and that seems like a name that they could have lost out on. And there was an IDW Skar Dynobot... Or this could be an early list with a placeholder name.

> Snarl
>
> DELUXE
>
> Prowl
> Crosscut
> Junkion 2

Detrius from Siege Hound?
> Shrapnel
>
> VOYAGER
>
> Nemesis Leo

I liked Nemesis Leo Breaker in TF:Cybertron, but I think I would prefer a Leo Prime toy to a Leo Breaker, so here's hoping this is Nemesis Leo Prime. I don't mind a Nemesis Leo Something toy. I would prefer they go crazy and just stop being so dependent on what came before. Give us Nemesis Bee! And don't do something stupid like add purple! Or Nemesis Kup!

Armada Nemesis Prime was a creation of Unicron in the form of Optimus, and I think Nemesis Breaker was roughly the same. That suggests we could get nearly any character in an evil Nemesis color scheme, and they should play with that. I'd like it to just be an evil color scheme that leaps around a lot.

> Ramjet PR

Oh, good, Ramjet is going to be Puerto Rican. I am in favor of increased diversity, but this seems a little forced.
> Junkion
> Bludgeon
>
> I honestly can't wait to see what the Core-class Dinobots look like. Ever since we got Pretender Grimlock, I've tried to imagine what smaller, simplified versions of them would look like. I think they'll be fun.

I'm willing to dip into Core class for tiny Dinobots. I've been a little more choosey about Core lately, where the characters are already well done at a larger scale. Ok, I've skipped maybe two. But it's the thought that counts! And maybe I will end up buying Shockwave or G2 Megatron at some point....

> "PR" usually denotes a package refresh (like Earthrise Arcee in Kindgom packaging). So, I'm not sure what a package refresh of Bomb-Burst could possibly mean. Some people have noted that Skar is also a bat-like character so one could possibly be a redeco of the other.

That does make more sense than Puerto Rican.

> Prowl is not noted as a package refresh, so it seems unlikely it's the Amazon exclusive. It might be a new toy, similar to the all-new Ironhide we've seen making the rounds recently.

If it was Studio Series, I would tend to think that this was another G1 Prowl mold. But I think if this is G1 Prowl, it will be a minor redeco of the Amazon exclusive, or this list is just missing the PR.

> Or maybe they'll surprise us all and do something crazy like RiD Prowl.

There are a lot of Prowls this could be. So many Prowls. RID Prowl seems unlikely without the other Car Brothers -- just as there were a bunch of Prime toys this year, and because the three belong together. But, since this is just a listing of one wave, let's hope.

> Crosscut is almost certainly a Legacy Skids redeco. Shrapnel will be quite exciting—can't wait to get all the Insecticons in Deluxe scale. (I bought multiple Kickbacks to represent the Insecticon clones, and I'll be doing the same with Shrapnel and Bombshell.)

> We're getting both a Junkion in Voyager format as well as a Junkion 2 at the Deluxe scale. Strange that they're playing mix-and-match with the price points, but I'm confident it will make sense once we see who it is. I hope one of them isn't a "toy colors" Wreck-Gar.
> Nice to see that Ramjet is making a comeback, since he was another Amazon exclusive toy that was hard for people to find. Watch them color him slightly differently (with a grey cockpit and black fists) and force me to buy the more animation-accurate version. Grr.

That would be nice. I mean evil.

> Very excited to see what a new Bludgeon is going to be like. Hopefully they didn't pull another Skullgrin and just make a green tank dude with a skull head.

I fear he may be a remold of Skullgrin.

Skullgrin really looks like a disappointment. Given that the tank mode doesn't resemble his original tank mold anyway, I would have rather they gone with some terrifying Mad Max post-apocolyptic tank with a giant skull.

> Zob (no idea what a Nemesis Leo is, but it sounds like something I don't want)

Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:

<a1e800ad-2980-46d1-94f8-4990a89ec418n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6608&group=alt.toys.transformers#6608

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 02:22:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: pork.not...@gmail.com (Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats)
 by: Gustavo Wombat, of t - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 09:22 UTC

On Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 8:12:52 PM UTC-7, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
> I hope Prowl is Pr-OWL from Beast Wars, the Transmetal owl.

When there are so many Prowls that appeared in animation, it would be a little weird to go to an obscure one that wasn't. I'd like it, but I doubt it.

TM2 Prowl was a good idea of a toy, but not quite a good toy. Taking another go at it has a lot of potential.

> I'll be disappointed if the Deluxe Junkion turns out to be Kraanix or Animated Wreck Gar, but I have a feeling that the Voyager is probably a retool of a retool of Studio Wreck Gar

I'm still betting on Detrius, but they could remold the Arcee motorcycle to be a smaller Junkion motorcycle. A baby Junkion.

> I find it hard to believe PR is Package refresh, I'd more expect it to be Prime Universe or something to that effect, since they'd be reaching far back to get us a lot of these. Would they really pick 1 cassette out of the Spy Patrol to give us as a core class? He seems small for a Core Class. Especially when they could have reached back for Rumble, Ratbat, or Frenzy.

The core class might be two cassettes, and the name is chopped. They are doing a Package Refresh of a Soundwave, so it would make sense to eventually put out a cassette or two.

> Nemesis Leo sounds dumb, but then again Leo Breaker was dumb, and generally every lion or Leo or wolf transformers after BW2. Nemesis versions are usually black redecos of existing toys, but maybe he's a predeco for another toy I will somehow be even less interested in? Want to see what they do with Bludgeon though.

Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:

<4f4a58a7-30cc-4afe-8c07-e9d08d9c2d49n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6610&group=alt.toys.transformers#6610

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 07:36:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 14:36 UTC

On Friday, August 5, 2022 at 4:22:11 AM UTC-5, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> On Thursday, August 4, 2022 at 8:12:52 PM UTC-7, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
> > I hope Prowl is Pr-OWL from Beast Wars, the Transmetal owl.
> When there are so many Prowls that appeared in animation, it would be a little weird to go to an obscure one that wasn't. I'd like it, but I doubt it.
>
> TM2 Prowl was a good idea of a toy, but not quite a good toy. Taking another go at it has a lot of potential.
> > I'll be disappointed if the Deluxe Junkion turns out to be Kraanix or Animated Wreck Gar, but I have a feeling that the Voyager is probably a retool of a retool of Studio Wreck Gar
> I'm still betting on Detrius, but they could remold the Arcee motorcycle to be a smaller Junkion motorcycle. A baby Junkion.
> > I find it hard to believe PR is Package refresh, I'd more expect it to be Prime Universe or something to that effect, since they'd be reaching far back to get us a lot of these. Would they really pick 1 cassette out of the Spy Patrol to give us as a core class? He seems small for a Core Class. Especially when they could have reached back for Rumble, Ratbat, or Frenzy.
> The core class might be two cassettes, and the name is chopped. They are doing a Package Refresh of a Soundwave, so it would make sense to eventually put out a cassette or two.

Cassettes as core class would be out of scale with Core Soundwave.

> > Nemesis Leo sounds dumb, but then again Leo Breaker was dumb, and generally every lion or Leo or wolf transformers after BW2. Nemesis versions are usually black redecos of existing toys, but maybe he's a predeco for another toy I will somehow be even less interested in? Want to see what they do with Bludgeon though.

Re: New Retail Listings for Legacy Leaked:

<tcju2q$re$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6614&group=alt.toys.transformers#6614

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2022 13:21:29 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Fri, 5 Aug 2022 20:21 UTC

On 8/5/2022 2:22 AM, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:
> I'm still betting on Detrius, but they could remold the Arcee motorcycle to be a smaller Junkion motorcycle.

There was that Lady Junkion for that one episode.