From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Where The Crawdads Sing
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 23:14:16 -0500
 by: super70s - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 04:14 UTC

I understand this came out in June but it's been "held over" for 12
weeks at the local cinema so I figured it would be worth seeing. David
Strathairn was the only actor I recognized, who does his usual competent
performance as the lawyer for a North Carolina "swamp girl" with a knack
for wildlife art who gets involved in a love triangle and accused of
murdering one of them. Based on a hugely selling book, its two-hour and
change runtime seemed to go by pretty fast. Recommended.

Re: Where The Crawdads Sing

<tfp9i0$6qo$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6617&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6617

From: YourN...@YourISP.com (Your Name)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: Where The Crawdads Sing
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 18:56:00 +1200
 by: Your Name - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 06:56 UTC

On 2022-09-13 04:14:16 +0000, super70s said:

> I understand this came out in June but it's been "held over" for 12
> weeks at the local cinema so I figured it would be worth seeing. David
> Strathairn was the only actor I recognized, who does his usual competent
> performance as the lawyer for a North Carolina "swamp girl" with a knack
> for wildlife art who gets involved in a love triangle and accused of
> murdering one of them. Based on a hugely selling book, its two-hour and
> change runtime seemed to go by pretty fast. Recommended.

Daisy Edgar-Jones seems to be becoming a big name. We first saw her in
the UK comedy TV series "Cold Feet" (recognisably anyway, she had bit
parts in shows before that). She's also been in the French-British
series "War of the Worlds" and the UK series "Normal People". She now
seems to be getting her foot in teh door in US productions with this
movie and the mini-series "Under the Banner of Heaven".

Re: Where The Crawdads Sing

<super70s-93C005.12002413092022@reader01.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6618&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6618

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 12:00:25 -0500
 by: super70s - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 17:00 UTC

In article <tfp9i0$6qo$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

> On 2022-09-13 04:14:16 +0000, super70s said:
> >
> > I understand this came out in June but it's been "held over" for 12
> > weeks at the local cinema so I figured it would be worth seeing. David
> > Strathairn was the only actor I recognized, who does his usual competent
> > performance as the lawyer for a North Carolina "swamp girl" with a knack
> > for wildlife art who gets involved in a love triangle and accused of
> > murdering one of them. Based on a hugely selling book, its two-hour and
> > change runtime seemed to go by pretty fast. Recommended.
>
> Daisy Edgar-Jones seems to be becoming a big name. We first saw her in
> the UK comedy TV series "Cold Feet" (recognisably anyway, she had bit
> parts in shows before that). She's also been in the French-British
> series "War of the Worlds" and the UK series "Normal People". She now
> seems to be getting her foot in teh door in US productions with this
> movie and the mini-series "Under the Banner of Heaven".

Didn't realize she was British (although the double-barrelled name is
somewhat of a giveaway), she lost the accent pretty well.

Re: Where The Crawdads Sing

<Jp3UK.126077$IRd5.17650@fx10.iad>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6619&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6619

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:50:32 -0400
 by: moviePig - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 17:50 UTC

On 9/13/2022 1:00 PM, super70s wrote:
> In article <tfp9i0$6qo$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-09-13 04:14:16 +0000, super70s said:
>>>
>>> I understand this came out in June but it's been "held over" for 12
>>> weeks at the local cinema so I figured it would be worth seeing. David
>>> Strathairn was the only actor I recognized, who does his usual competent
>>> performance as the lawyer for a North Carolina "swamp girl" with a knack
>>> for wildlife art who gets involved in a love triangle and accused of
>>> murdering one of them. Based on a hugely selling book, its two-hour and
>>> change runtime seemed to go by pretty fast. Recommended.
>>
>> Daisy Edgar-Jones seems to be becoming a big name. We first saw her in
>> the UK comedy TV series "Cold Feet" (recognisably anyway, she had bit
>> parts in shows before that). She's also been in the French-British
>> series "War of the Worlds" and the UK series "Normal People". She now
>> seems to be getting her foot in teh door in US productions with this
>> movie and the mini-series "Under the Banner of Heaven".
>
> Didn't realize she was British (although the double-barrelled name is
> somewhat of a giveaway), she lost the accent pretty well.

I bought the highly-rated book from Amazon during the Covid
constrictions, and found it to be... well... saccharine pap. Now I
suppose I'll have to see the movie, to discover what I must've missed.

Re: Where The Crawdads Sing

<super70s-8F2714.19084115092022@reader01.eternal-september.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6627&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6627

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 19:08:41 -0500
 by: super70s - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 00:08 UTC

In article <Jp3UK.126077$IRd5.17650@fx10.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

> On 9/13/2022 1:00 PM, super70s wrote:
> > In article <tfp9i0$6qo$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> > Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com> wrote:

> >> Daisy Edgar-Jones seems to be becoming a big name. We first saw her in
> >> the UK comedy TV series "Cold Feet" (recognisably anyway, she had bit
> >> parts in shows before that). She's also been in the French-British
> >> series "War of the Worlds" and the UK series "Normal People". She now
> >> seems to be getting her foot in teh door in US productions with this
> >> movie and the mini-series "Under the Banner of Heaven".
> >
> > Didn't realize she was British (although the double-barrelled name is
> > somewhat of a giveaway), she lost the accent pretty well.
>
> I bought the highly-rated book from Amazon during the Covid
> constrictions, and found it to be... well... saccharine pap. Now I
> suppose I'll have to see the movie, to discover what I must've missed.

There's a lot of narration in the movie by the lead character, I presume
much of it came directly from the book. If you didn't like the book you
probably won't be impressed with the movie either.