From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Antimatter Stars!
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 23:06:59 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 13:06 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 25/4/22 5:22 am:
> https://www.livescience.com/potential-antistars-in-milky-way.html
>
> There may be stars made up of antimatter! They would fuse
> anti-hydrogen into anti-helium. They would be hit by normal matter
> arriving from outer space, and emit gamma rays. Fodder for a Doctor
> Who episode?

Can I please be the first to call .... BULLSHIT!!

I'll grant that IN THEORY, the idea of particles of opposite polarity to
the particles in our Universe is a possibility (as far as I know), but
the possibility of them existing in OUR UNIVERSITY is ZERO.

If a Positron (antimatter Universe equivalent of an Electron) were to
come into contact with an Electron ..... the explosion would be Gianormous!

Similarly for a Proton and its antimatter equivalent, an anti-proton

As they suggest on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter

A collision between any particle and its anti-particle partner leads to
their mutual annihilation, giving rise to various proportions of intense
photons (gamma rays), neutrinos, and sometimes less-massive
particle–antiparticle pairs.
End Quote

So the idea of an entire STAR made up of antimatter is BULLSHIT ....
but, I guess, somebody has put forward a Thesis about it and some fool
has come forward with some money!!
--
Daniel

Re: Antimatter Stars!

<t48pcd$4pm$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6635&group=rec.arts.drwho#6635

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 22:42:56 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 12:42 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 26/4/22 3:10 pm:
> On Monday, April 25, 2022 at 6:07:01 AM UTC-7, Daniel65 wrote:
>> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote on 25/4/22 5:22 am:
>>> https://www.livescience.com/potential-antistars-in-milky-way.html
>>> There may be stars made up of antimatter! They would fuse
>>> anti-hydrogen into anti-helium. They would be hit by normal
>>> matter arriving from outer space, and emit gamma rays. Fodder for
>>> a Doctor Who episode?
>> Can I please be the first to call .... BULLSHIT!!
>>
>> I'll grant that IN THEORY, the idea of particles of opposite
>> polarity to the particles in our Universe is a possibility (as far
>> as I know), but the possibility of them existing in OUR UNIVERSITY
>> is ZERO.
>>
>> If a Positron (antimatter Universe equivalent of an Electron) were
>> to come into contact with an Electron ..... the explosion would be
>> Gianormous!
>>
>> Similarly for a Proton and its antimatter equivalent, an
>> anti-proton
>>
>> As they suggest on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter
>>
>> Quote A collision between any particle and its anti-particle
>> partner leads to their mutual annihilation, giving rise to various
>> proportions of intense photons (gamma rays), neutrinos, and
>> sometimes less-massive particle–antiparticle pairs. End Quote
>>
>> So the idea of an entire STAR made up of antimatter is BULLSHIT
>> .... but, I guess, somebody has put forward a Thesis about it and
>> some fool has come forward with some money!!
>
> Are you alleging fraud?

Did I mention 'fraud', Tim??
--
Daniel