The price of success in philosophy is triviality. -- C. Glymour.

arts / rec.arts.drwho / Re: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

SubjectAuthor
* THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!The True Doctor
+- THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!The Other Doctor
+* THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!The True Doctor
|`* THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!Daniel65
| `- THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!Blueshirt
+* THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!Blueshirt
|`* THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!Daniel65
| `- THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!Blueshirt
`* THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!The True Doctor
 `* THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!solar penguin
  +- THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!The Last Doctor
  `- THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!solar penguin

1
THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

<fMadnRCGuetxwcD_nZ2dnUU7-RHNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6103&group=rec.arts.drwho#6103

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 13:43:20 +0100
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
Subject: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!
 by: The True Doctor - Mon, 18 Apr 2022 12:43 UTC

Legend of the Sea Devils is now OFFICIALLY THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

It could only manage to bring in 2.2 million viewers overnight, despite
it not being as bad as the garbage that Chibnall wrote before it.

This is lower than anything even in the Sylvester McCoy era where
episode 1 of Battlefield could only manage 3.1 million.

Chris Chibnall has UTTERLY DESTROYED THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE!

https://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-13-2021-22-uk-ratings-accumulator-95514.htm

The ONLY WAY BACK from this is for RTD to ERASE THE TIMELESS CHILD
monster and the ENTIRE CHIBNALL/WHITTAKER era from canon as if it had
never taken place, and apologise to the entire fandom which Chibnall has
completely alienated and disenfranchised.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

<t3lmug$603$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6136&group=rec.arts.drwho#6136

From: stephen....@ntlworld.com (The Other Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 08:05:36 +0100
 by: The Other Doctor - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 07:05 UTC

"tsbr...@gmail.com" <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 5:43:30 AM UTC-7, The True Doctor wrote:
>> Legend of the Sea Devils is now OFFICIALLY THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE
>> EVER!
>>
>> It could only manage to bring in 2.2 million viewers overnight, despite
>> it not being as bad as the garbage that Chibnall wrote before it.
>>
>> This is lower than anything even in the Sylvester McCoy era where
>> episode 1 of Battlefield could only manage 3.1 million.
>>
>> Chris Chibnall has UTTERLY DESTROYED THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE!
>>
>> https://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-13-2021-22-uk-ratings-accumulator-95514.htm
>>
>> The ONLY WAY BACK from this is for RTD to ERASE THE TIMELESS CHILD
>> monster and the ENTIRE CHIBNALL/WHITTAKER era from canon as if it had
>> never taken place, and apologise to the entire fandom which Chibnall has
>> completely alienated and disenfranchised.
>
> Are red alert klaxons now going off at the BBC?

There's been no report of any fires at the BBC. None of their live shows
have featured any klaxons. They might be on red alert, but a lot of
organisations are on alert while Russia's playing its silly games.

Re: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

<SemdnUK4vOFzQsP_nZ2dnUU7-XnNnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6175&group=rec.arts.drwho#6175

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 17:14:37 +0100
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
 by: The True Doctor - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 16:14 UTC

On 19/04/2022 01:40, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 5:43:30 AM UTC-7, The True Doctor wrote:
>> Legend of the Sea Devils is now OFFICIALLY THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!
>>
>> It could only manage to bring in 2.2 million viewers overnight, despite
>> it not being as bad as the garbage that Chibnall wrote before it.
>>
>> This is lower than anything even in the Sylvester McCoy era where
>> episode 1 of Battlefield could only manage 3.1 million.
>>
>> Chris Chibnall has UTTERLY DESTROYED THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE!
>>
>> https://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-13-2021-22-uk-ratings-accumulator-95514.htm
>>
>> The ONLY WAY BACK from this is for RTD to ERASE THE TIMELESS CHILD
>> monster and the ENTIRE CHIBNALL/WHITTAKER era from canon as if it had
>> never taken place, and apologise to the entire fandom which Chibnall has
>> completely alienated and disenfranchised.
>
> Are red alert klaxons now going off at the BBC?

They better be!

The BBC could have shown a video of paint drying in exactly the same
time slot on exactly the same day and it would have got as many or more
viewers.

Chibnall has totally destroyed Doctor Who in its entirety and people
know it's not worth watching due to it's bad writing, bad acting, sexist
and racist casting and hiring, and political and sexual agenda; and due
to the latter they want their children to stay as far away from it as
they possibly can.

Regenerating Whittaker isn't going to save it, nor is bringing back RTD,
especially when viewers have been attacked and insulted and lectured at
as being racists, bigots, filthy capitalists, bullies, bad fathers, and
sexists, and misogynists by the BBC just for watching it.

It has to be made clear that there will be a clean break with the woke,
sexist, racist, and bigoted agenda that this show represents and its
fixation on gender and identity politics.

The majority of people have no idea of who RTD is and the majority of
those that do view him as a homosexual activist pandering to nice
markets for homosexuals, making over-hyped programmes which only a tiny
number of viewers number a few hundred thousand watch most of whom are
biased left wing critics. Why would they watch a show the knew was made
by him if they're not gay?

Doctor Who is NOT a show for lesbians, homosexuals, feminists, non-white
ethnic minorities, environmentalists, anti-capitalists, and them alone,
and it is not for those who despise and detest white heterosexual males
and western culture; which its what it's being turned into, and the name
RTD implies more of the same bigoted hate unless he recognises that
Doctor Who is a show with a fundamentally white heterosexual male
audience (because this is Britain) of people interested in science
fiction, science, philosophy, technology, and thoughts and ideas and
their implications for society who do not want to be lectured to as
though they were what is wrong with society, and not mind numbing
soap-opera, gender and identity politics, interpersonal relationships,
and the vile and immoral sexual grooming of children, and it's the last
one of these that RTD is most notable for.

Ideally Doctor Who should now go hiatus for a minimum of 3 years and
there must be a realisation that destroying the fundamental premise of
the show and changing the origin story of the main protagonist was
catastrophic.

The entire Chibnall era must be erased from canon and from existence if
this show is to survive, because unlike when it went off air in 1989,
today most people hate and despise the show and everything it has been
made to stand for.

RTD if he remains show runner, and now with only 2.2 million viewers
remaining there are serious doubts that the show can continue, must not
only make it clear that the Chibnall era was a mistake that he will fix,
but he must also state and make clear that the character of the Doctor
is that of a man and should never have been turned into a woman, since
the primary audience of the show is and has always been male, and he
should echo the words of Peter Davison before he was hounded off social
media by extreme left wing bigots, that boys and men need a non-violent
male hero, role model and father figure, and that Doctor Who will
provide boys and men, who for the past three decades have been an
under-represented audience in television will be considered the primary
source of viewership as they always were before Chibnall and the last
two seasons Moffat, and not lectured to.

RTD must also publicly state before the 60th anniversary that he will
remove the Timeless Child monster from canon and continue Doctor Who
from the point before Chibnall became show runner and Capaldi
regenerated into Whittaker, as was done with Dallas when Lorimar
realized that killing off Bobby Ewing was detrimental to the ratings
since Bobby was the primary reason who women watched Dallas, and an
attractive male Doctor was the primary reason why women watched Doctor Who.

If RTD continues the show without reinstating the original origin story
of the Doctor as his only origin story, he's already lost 3/4 of fandom.

The Doctor is not an abused child from another dimension that was
kidnapped and repeatedly experimented on and murdered by the woman who
claimed to be its mother and founder of the Time Lords.

No one in their right mind will allow their kids to watch a show based
on that premise.

In order for viewers to return the next Doctor must be white, male,
attractive to women, and heterosexual. The woke agenda must end. If RTD
picks Olly Alexander or someone of a similar ilk the show is dead and
buried. The Doctor could be played by a black male actor in the future,
but this would make it entirely about his race since it would be
impossible to do any historical stories set in the past, even a decade
ago, without referring to it, and that's not what Doctor Who is about.
It is time to publicly acknowledge this. Doctor Who is not about woke
virtue signalling by sexist and racist hypocrites who despise other
cultures. Making the Doctor black would be considered by everyone with
any intelligence as being a token gesture, since it would not represent
black British culture in any way shape or form, which is what black
people actually want to see, just like casting Tom Baker whose father
was a Jew did not represent Jewish culture. If you want ethnic and
female representation then create new characters that viewers will love,
but don't make the show entirely about race, gender, and sexuality.
People have had enough of it and your hypocrisy.

If there are no klaxons ringing at the BBC then Doctor Who is over. RTD
can do nothing to save it after this without fundamental change and
recognition of past mistakes that have all resulted from the imposition
of wokery on the show.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

<t3n7st$nl1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6181&group=rec.arts.drwho#6181

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 21:00:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Tue, 19 Apr 2022 21:00 UTC

tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 5:43:30 AM UTC-7, The True Doctor wrote:
> >
> > The ONLY WAY BACK from this is for RTD to ERASE THE TIMELESS CHILD
> > monster and the ENTIRE CHIBNALL/WHITTAKER era from canon as if it
> > had never taken place, and apologise to the entire fandom which
> > Chibnall has completely alienated and disenfranchised.
>
> Are red alert klaxons now going off at the BBC?

Chibnall and Whittaker are leaving, there is a new era coming under
RTD. I'm sure the BBC are hoping that the ratings will improve under
the new Producer(s).

I am hoping that the writing improves and the 14th Doctor has some
decent material to work with.

Re: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

<t3p488$h2g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6238&group=rec.arts.drwho#6238

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 00:10:12 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 14:10 UTC

The Doctor wrote on 20/04/2022 1:35 pm:
> In article <t3n7st$nl1$1@dont-email.me>,
> Blueshirt <blueshirt@indigo.news> wrote:
>> tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> Are red alert klaxons now going off at the BBC?
>>
>> Chibnall and Whittaker are leaving, there is a new era coming under
>> RTD. I'm sure the BBC are hoping that the ratings will improve under
>> the new Producer(s).
>>
>> I am hoping that the writing improves and the 14th Doctor has some
>> decent material to work with.
>
> We will know at least in a few weeks.

Why will we "know at least in a few weeks", clown?? Is that when we will
start to see "The New Paradigm", clown?

Oh! And by the way, clown .... (AKJV) Luke 6:42 Either how canst thou
say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine
eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then
shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother’s eye.
--
Daniel

Re: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

<t3psi0$3h0$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6247&group=rec.arts.drwho#6247

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 21:05:04 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Wed, 20 Apr 2022 21:05 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <ad2119d8-67b7-42d1-8b45-b8b22945a59bn@googlegroups.com>,
> tsbr...@gmail.com <tsbrueni@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Why will we "know at least in a few weeks", clown?? Is that when
> >> we will start to see "The New Paradigm", clown?
> >
> > Daleks in multiple colors?
>
> Like Victory of the Daleks?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Like the Peter Cushing movies... they were proper Daleks.

Re: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

<t3rj3p$j0d$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6293&group=rec.arts.drwho#6293

From: danie...@eternal-september.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 22:36:07 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 12:36 UTC

The True Doctor wrote on 20/4/22 2:14 am:
> On 19/04/2022 01:40, tsbr...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Monday, April 18, 2022 at 5:43:30 AM UTC-7, The True Doctor
>> wrote:
>>> Legend of the Sea Devils is now OFFICIALLY THE LOWEST RATING
>>> EPISODE EVER!
>>>
>>> It could only manage to bring in 2.2 million viewers overnight,
>>> despite it not being as bad as the garbage that Chibnall wrote
>>> before it.
>>>
>>> This is lower than anything even in the Sylvester McCoy era
>>> where episode 1 of Battlefield could only manage 3.1 million.
>>>
>>> Chris Chibnall has UTTERLY DESTROYED THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE!
>>>
>>> https://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-13-2021-22-uk-ratings-accumulator-95514.htm
>>>
>>> The ONLY WAY BACK from this is for RTD to ERASE THE TIMELESS
>>> CHILD monster and the ENTIRE CHIBNALL/WHITTAKER era from canon as
>>> if it had never taken place, and apologise to the entire fandom
>>> which Chibnall has completely alienated and disenfranchised.
>>
>> Are red alert klaxons now going off at the BBC?
>
> They better be!
>
> The BBC could have shown a video of paint drying in exactly the same
> time slot on exactly the same day and it would have got as many or
> more viewers.
>
> Chibnall has totally destroyed Doctor Who in its entirety and people
> know it's not worth watching

So WHY are you, Aggy, and the clown still watching??
--
Daniel

Re: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

<t3skac$78o$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6304&group=rec.arts.drwho#6304

From: bluesh...@indigo.news (Blueshirt)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 22:02:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Blueshirt - Thu, 21 Apr 2022 22:02 UTC

The Doctor wrote:

> In article <t3rj3p$j0d$1@dont-email.me>,
> Daniel65 <daniel47@eternal-september.org> wrote:
> > The True Doctor wrote on 20/4/22 2:14 am:
> >> Chibnall has totally destroyed Doctor Who in its entirety and
> >> people know it's not worth watching
> >
> > So WHY are you, Aggy, and the clown still watching??
>
> To warn the fanbase.

But a lot of the fan base has stopped watching "Doctor Who, hence the
low ratings. BUT you and The True Agamemnon keep on watching the
show... so who are the idiots?!!!

Re: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

<V4qdnVYs67KdYvv_nZ2dnUU7-N_NnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6593&group=rec.arts.drwho#6593

Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 21:05:19 +0100
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
From: agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM (The True Doctor)
 by: The True Doctor - Mon, 25 Apr 2022 20:05 UTC

On 18/04/2022 13:43, The True Doctor wrote:

The consolidated rations are now in and are worst ever in the show's
entire history allowed for population rise.

https://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-13-2021-22-uk-ratings-accumulator-95514.htm

Legend of the Sea Devils could only manage 3.34 million viewers.

Prior to that the worst rating episode was episode 1 of Battlefield with
3.1 million in 1989, which today is equivalent to 3.64 million viewers
after adjusting for the increase in the UK population from 57 to 67
million.

> Legend of the Sea Devils is now OFFICIALLY THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!
>
> It could only manage to bring in 2.2 million viewers overnight, despite
> it not being as bad as the garbage that Chibnall wrote before it.
>
> This is lower than anything even in the Sylvester McCoy era where
> episode 1 of Battlefield could only manage 3.1 million.
>
> Chris Chibnall has UTTERLY DESTROYED THE ENTIRE FRANCHISE!
>
> https://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-series-13-2021-22-uk-ratings-accumulator-95514.htm
>

> The ONLY WAY BACK from this is for RTD to ERASE THE TIMELESS CHILD
> monster and the ENTIRE CHIBNALL/WHITTAKER era from canon as if it had
> never taken place, and apologise to the entire fandom which Chibnall has
> completely alienated and disenfranchised.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner

Re: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

<t4858l$psr$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6598&group=rec.arts.drwho#6598

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 06:59:33 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:KydG7+mFB/Henr8r5a0midSLZPQ=
 by: solar penguin - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 06:59 UTC

An angry Aggy attempted to argue:
: > On 18/04/2022 13:43, The True Doctor wrote:

> The consolidated rations are now in and are worst ever
> in the show's entire history allowed for population rise.

snip

> after adjusting for the increase in the UK population
> from 57 to 67 million.

You adjusted for that, but not for the increase in channels
and streaming services?

Is this “cherry picking” or “special pleading”?

--
solar penguin

Re: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

<t48jhv$ugs$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6611&group=rec.arts.drwho#6611

From: mik...@xenocyte.com (The Last Doctor)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 12:03:26 +0100
 by: The Last Doctor - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 11:03 UTC

On 26/04/2022 07:59, solar penguin wrote:

> An angry Aggy attempted to argue:
> :
>> On 18/04/2022 13:43, The True Doctor wrote:
>>
>> The consolidated rations are now in and are worst ever
>> in the show's entire history allowed for population rise.
>>

> snip
>
>> after adjusting for the increase in the UK population
>> from 57 to 67 million.
>>

> You adjusted for that, but not for the increase in channels
> and streaming services?
>
> Is this “cherry picking” or “special pleading”?

Absolute numbers are almost meaningless these days, particularly while
the BBC still doesn't have to attract advertisers.

Let's look at somem quantitative details comparing with the rest of the
broadcast TV on offer today, not in the 1980s.

1) It was the third most watched show on TV on the day (one of the two
shows getting a higher audience was Britain's Got Talent, in its first
week returning, and Doctor Who was scheduled directly against it).

2) It was the most watched show on the BBC on the day.

3) It was in the top 10 most viewed programmes on the BBC all week.

4) It was the second most viewed drama on the BBC in the whole week.

Just for one point to compare a bit more validly with the past than just
counting heads while deliberately ignoring cultural change: the most
watched show on the BBC all week (a David Attenborough special featuring
dionosuars, no less) garnered 4.35m viewers, just 25.5% more than Doctor
Who.

In 1989 Survival part 3, the final episode of Doctor Who at the time,
got 5.06m viewers (the best it managed all season, the worst being the
premiere episode, Battlefield part 1, at 3.1m, average 4.17m). Series
like Eastenders and Neighbours regularly topped over 15m, almost 400% of
what Doctor Who could achieve.

The current show isn't really performing as the unmitigated disaster
Chicken Aggie Licken and Turkey Binky Lurkey would have you believe, eh?

Not that it was any great shakes objectively as an episode. It was
harmless fun but it just didn't seem "special" in any way: the pacing
was off, it seemed to be missing key plot strands, the dialogue was
often clunky, the special effects iffy at times, and the pervasive
influence of ongoing COVID restrictions were still evident (empty
villages, empty ships, fight scenes where you only saw one side, etc).
All of those are failings RTD can remedy easily.

--
There are some corners of the universe which have bred the most terrible
things. Things which act against everything we believe in.

They must be /fought/.

Re: THE LOWEST RATING EPISODE EVER!

<t48t0v$aqm$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6645&group=rec.arts.drwho#6645

From: solar.pe...@gmail.com (solar penguin)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 13:45:03 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:+VE5n6RlNZHsx+uEwu2ZwMuqlZM=
 by: solar penguin - Tue, 26 Apr 2022 13:45 UTC

Binky bleated:

> In article <t4858l$psr$1@dont-email.me>,
> solar penguin <solar.penguin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> An angry Aggy attempted to argue:
>> :
>>> On 18/04/2022 13:43, The True Doctor wrote:
>>>
>>> The consolidated rations are now in and are worst ever
>>> in the show's entire history allowed for population rise.
>>>

>> snip
>>
>>> after adjusting for the increase in the UK population
>>> from 57 to 67 million.
>>>

>> You adjusted for that, but not for the increase in channels
>> and streaming services?
>>
>> Is this “cherry picking” or “special pleading”?
>>

> So SP, what about streaming numbers?

Yes, exactly my point. What about them!?!

--
solar penguin