From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Subject: UNCHARTED (no spoilers)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2022 17:34:21 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 21:34 UTC

An orphan, working as a bartender, goes in search of his long-lost
brother and, of course, treasure. UNCHARTED stars beefcakes Tom Holland
and Mark Wahlberg, and features lots of good-looking locales and
hair-raising CGI. Unfortunately, its five writers (possibly hampered by
its video-game basis) have provided a story and script straight off a
tired assembly line. Naturally, a sequel is hinted. Minimally recommended.

Re: UNCHARTED (no spoilers)

<jq9468Fthb4U1@mid.individual.net>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6649&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6649

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: UNCHARTED (no spoilers)
Date: 6 Oct 2022 22:46:32 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Thu, 6 Oct 2022 22:46 UTC

In article <zRH%K.567779$Ny99.37994@fx16.iad>,
moviePig <pwallace@moviepig.com> wrote:

>An orphan, working as a bartender, goes in search of his long-lost
>brother and, of course, treasure. UNCHARTED stars beefcakes Tom Holland
>and Mark Wahlberg, and features lots of good-looking locales and
>hair-raising CGI. Unfortunately, its five writers (possibly hampered by
>its video-game basis) have provided a story and script straight off a
>tired assembly line. Naturally, a sequel is hinted. Minimally recommended.

I know nothing about the game, but there's no reason this movie couldn't
have been a lot better, even keeping the main airborne setpiece.
The leads had good chemistry and were fun in the better written bits
of business, the problems were all in the writing (most egregiously
in sending off the love-interest for the whole last act, but in other
ways as well).

As usual, Pitch Meeting has the goods:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIvWUfwtu3k
--