Newsgroups: alt.horror
From: dsb...@REMOVETHISbtinternet.com (the dog from that film you saw)
Subject: DARK GLASSES
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 17:01:31 +0100
 by: the dog from that fi - Fri, 20 May 2022 16:01 UTC

The return of dario!
a bit of a throwback in themes, cat o nine tails had a blind protagonist
with a child in tow.
this also does.
a serial killer is doing away with prostitutes, his fourth victim
survives but loses her sight in the process and also squashes a car
containing a chinese family.
the child survives and runs away from a children's home and turns up on
our heroines doorstep asking her to put him up.
meanwhile the killer still has plans to finish the job....

it has the same tv movie look of all of argento's recent movies and it
has none of his trademark over the top setpieces.

it's watchable enough but has an utterly preposterous scene involving
that widely known italian danger, hordes of very small killer snakes
loitering in local forests.

the death of the villain is also a total throwback to a famous death
scene from one of his previous titles.

Re: DARK GLASSES

<WIqdnXNjFZGTmxT_nZ2dnUU7-YmdnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=666&group=alt.horror#666

Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 10:32:18 -0500
Subject: Re: DARK GLASSES
Newsgroups: alt.horror
From: manowark...@NOSPAMnetscape.net (Andrew)
 by: Andrew - Sat, 21 May 2022 15:32 UTC

On 5/20/2022 11:01 AM, the dog from that film you saw wrote:
> The return of dario!
> a bit of a throwback in themes, cat o nine tails had a blind protagonist
> with a child in tow.
> this also does.
> a serial killer is doing away with prostitutes, his fourth victim
> survives but loses her sight in the process and also squashes a car
> containing a chinese family.
> the child survives and runs away from a children's home and turns up on
> our heroines doorstep asking her to put him up.
> meanwhile the killer still has plans to finish the job....
>
> it has the same tv movie look of all of argento's recent movies and it
> has none of his trademark over the top setpieces.
>
> it's watchable enough but has an utterly preposterous scene involving
> that widely known italian danger, hordes of very small killer snakes
> loitering in local forests.
>
> the death of the villain is also a total throwback to a famous death
> scene from one of his previous titles.

I had forgotten that Argento has made another film. While his record
hasn't been the greatest lately, I'll be checking this one out.

The Vidiot