From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Don't Worry Darling
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 23:10:45 -0500
 by: super70s - Wed, 12 Oct 2022 04:10 UTC

The Stepford Wives meets The Truman Show? I dunno, it was a little too
artsy for its own good I thought. But a solid performance from Florence
Pugh who's probably the next "Hollywood it girl," and pop sensation
Harry Styles almost steals the show. Olivia Wilde, who I watched
recently in 2015's Meadowland, co-stars and directs, she could've used a
better script IMO. With Chris Pine, who hasn't been in a lot of movies I
own, only Unstoppable. Worth at least one viewing anyway I guess
particularly if you're a big sci fi/fantasy fan.

Re: Don't Worry Darling

<N-2cnbQvY6NO6zv-nZ2dnZfqn_idnZ2d@giganews.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6874&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#6874

Subject: Re: Don't Worry Darling
From: dan...@danminart-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (Danart)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 03:49:39 +0000
 by: Danart - Sat, 24 Dec 2022 03:49 UTC

> super70s wrote:
> The Stepford Wives meets The Truman Show? I dunno, it was a little
too
> artsy for its own good I thought. But a solid performance from
Florence
> Pugh who's probably the next "Hollywood it girl," and pop
sensation
> Harry Styles almost steals the show. Olivia Wilde, who I watched
> recently in 2015's Meadowland, co-stars and directs, she could've
used a
> better script IMO. With Chris Pine, who hasn't been in a lot of
movies I
> own, only Unstoppable. Worth at least one viewing anyway I guess
> particularly if you're a big sci fi/fantasy fan.

So if you
checkout news reports, they wrote about how CEO's of VISA/MasterCard
etc was building mansions in the middle of the US desert ( I forget
where ). Now honestly what kind of person would build a mansion in the
middle of a desert? That is what believe this movie was about from the
previews. But that is not what we got.

The movie is incomplete. It had some nice ideas, but went nowhere.

Katey Sagal ( Married With Children AKA Peg ) in "Trail of
Tears"

What is the lesson of that movie and this movie?

All men/boys/guys/bros are evil.....

All men are good for is just being walking wallets, tools, vibrators,
and affection of our love.

The moment the "leader" whispered into her ears is the
moment the movie went down the toilet.
Everything before that was actually brilliant kept you guessing.

Sci-fi movie with a plot twist? Nope
Girly Mad-Max? Nope
Alice in wonderland ? Nope

Just all men areDiva Von Tess

the "Truman Show" keeps you wanting more. I love the Truman
show. I hate Jim Carry for being a Grade-school drop-out, ( that is
right he has no high-school diploma and never finished middle-school
).

This is a response to the post seen at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=635734837#635734837