Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 16:28:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: PC/WI: No World War I. Another revolution eventually breaks out in Russia. Poland becomes independent and sells Suwalki Gubernia to Germany, in turn using the money from this to buy all of Galicia from Austria-Hungary. Sound realistic?
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Mon, 19 Jul 2021 23:28 UTC

This is a Plausibility Check/What If, for what it's worth.

Re: PC/WI: No World War I. Another revolution eventually breaks out in Russia. Poland becomes independent and sells Suwalki Gubernia to Germany, in turn using the money from this to buy all of Galicia from Austria-Hungary. Sound realistic?

<sd61ps$eaq$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6675&group=alt.history.what-if#6675

From: rrost...@comcast.net (Rich Rostrom)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Subject: Re: PC/WI: No World War I. Another revolution eventually breaks out
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2021 03:34:02 -0500
 by: Rich Rostrom - Tue, 20 Jul 2021 08:34 UTC

On 7/19/21 6:28 PM, WolfBear wrote:
> This is a Plausibility Check/What If, for what it's worth.

Not plausible.

Suwalki was only 5% German.

If Russia fell part, Germany could grab anything it really
wanted.

Suwalki had ~12,000 sq km and ~600,000 people.

Galicia has 62,000 sq km and 8M people.

--
Nous sommes dans une pot de chambre, et nous y serons emmerdés.
--- General Auguste-Alexandre Ducrot at Sedan, 1870.

Re: PC/WI: No World War I. Another revolution eventually breaks out in Russia. Poland becomes independent and sells Suwalki Gubernia to Germany, in turn using the money from this to buy all of Galicia from Austria-Hungary. Sound realistic?

<64e3ef6b-d606-4f29-aebe-813108750892n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6690&group=alt.history.what-if#6690

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 12:42:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 19:42 UTC

On Tuesday, July 20, 2021 at 1:34:05 AM UTC-7, Rich Rostrom wrote:
> On 7/19/21 6:28 PM, WolfBear wrote:
> > This is a Plausibility Check/What If, for what it's worth.
> >
> Not plausible.
>
> Suwalki was only 5% German.
>
> If Russia fell part, Germany could grab anything it really
> wanted.
>
> Suwalki had ~12,000 sq km and ~600,000 people.
>
> Galicia has 62,000 sq km and 8M people.
>
> --
> Nous sommes dans une pot de chambre, et nous y serons emmerdés.
> --- General Auguste-Alexandre Ducrot at Sedan, 1870.

TBF, the money from Suwalki won't be enough for Poland to pay for the purchase for Galicia. Poland will thus have to get the rest of the money for this from elsewhere--loans, perhaps?

arts / alt.history.what-if / Re: PC/WI: No World War I. Another revolution eventually breaks out in Russia. Poland becomes independent and sells Suwalki Gubernia to Germany, in turn using the money from this to buy all of Galicia from Austria-Hungary. Sound realistic?