You own a dog, but you can only feed a cat.

arts / rec.arts.comics.strips / Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom fail

SubjectAuthor
* Yet another Comics Kingdom failMark Jackson
`* Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom failJohn W Kennedy
 `* Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom failMark Jackson
  +* Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom failMark Jackson
  |`- Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom failBlinky the Wonder Wombat
  `* Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom failJohn W Kennedy
   `* Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom failMark Jackson
    `* Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom failMark Jackson
     `- Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom failBlinky the Wonder Wombat

1
Yet another Comics Kingdom fail

<j6g0t6F5017U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6630&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#6630

From: mjack...@alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
Subject: Yet another Comics Kingdom fail
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 15:08:05 -0500
 by: Mark Jackson - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 20:08 UTC

Since this AM when I go to my Favorites page it says "You must be logged
in or have an active subscription to do that." Thing is, I do have a
subscription and am logged in - I can view my subscription details, and
my list of Favorites (probably could edit those also), just can't
actually access the reason I pay for a subscription in the first place.

Typical.

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
An object is a monotonous process.

Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom fail

<mIOdnVo7HNeIYZ__nZ2dnUU7-U_NnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6632&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#6632

Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2022 18:26:12 -0500
Subject: Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom fail
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
From: john.w.k...@gmail.com (John W Kennedy)
 by: John W Kennedy - Tue, 8 Feb 2022 23:26 UTC

On 2/8/22 3:08 PM, Mark Jackson wrote:
> Since this AM when I go to my Favorites page it says "You must be logged
> in or have an active subscription to do that."  Thing is, I do have a
> subscription and am logged in - I can view my subscription details, and
> my list of Favorites (probably could edit those also), just can't
> actually access the reason I pay for a subscription in the first place.
>
> Typical.

They’ve been doing major maintenance on the website, and it still isn’t
entirely working. Log off and log on again, and (as we used to say at
the New Jersey Renaissance Festival and Kingdom) “Watch for changes!”

--
John W. Kennedy
Algernon Burbage, Lord Roderick, Father Martin, Bishop Baldwin,

Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom fail

<j6i4osFha5qU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6635&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#6635

From: mjack...@alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 10:26:19 -0500
 by: Mark Jackson - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 15:26 UTC

On 2/8/2022 6:26 PM, John W Kennedy wrote:
> On 2/8/22 3:08 PM, Mark Jackson wrote:
>> Since this AM when I go to my Favorites page it says "You must be
>> logged in or have an active subscription to do that." Thing is, I
>> do have a subscription and am logged in - I can view my
>> subscription details, and my list of Favorites (probably could edit
>> those also), just can't actually access the reason I pay for a
>> subscription in the first place.
>>
>> Typical.
>>
> They’ve been doing major maintenance on the website, and it still
> isn’t entirely working. Log off and log on again,

Didn't work. Still broken this AM.

> and (as we used to say at the New Jersey Renaissance Festival and
> Kingdom) “Watch for changes!”

They emailed my favorites this morning - a change, since I never have
asked for that (and don't particularly care for it).

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
An object is a monotonous process.
- Nelson Goodman

Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom fail

<j6ic6fFiksdU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6636&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#6636

From: mjack...@alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 12:33:03 -0500
 by: Mark Jackson - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 17:33 UTC

On 2/9/2022 10:26 AM, Mark Jackson wrote:
> On 2/8/2022 6:26 PM, John W Kennedy wrote:
>> On 2/8/22 3:08 PM, Mark Jackson wrote:
>>> Since this AM when I go to my Favorites page it says "You must be
>>> logged in or have an active subscription to do that."  Thing is, I
>>> do have a subscription and am logged in - I can view my
>>> subscription details, and my list of Favorites (probably could edit
>>> those also), just can't actually access the reason I pay for a
>>> subscription in the first place.
>>>
>>> Typical.
>>>
>> They’ve been doing major maintenance on the website, and it still
>> isn’t entirely working. Log off and log on again,
>
> Didn't work.  Still broken this AM.
>
>> and (as we used to say at the New Jersey Renaissance Festival and
>> Kingdom) “Watch for changes!”
>
> They emailed my favorites this morning - a change, since I never have
> asked for that (and don't particularly care for it).

I did just get a response from CK Customer [soi-disant] Care,
apologizing for my difficulties logging in and suggesting how I might
still be able to search - neither of which was anything I reported as
problems.

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
An object is a monotonous process.
- Nelson Goodman

Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom fail

<22d76970-34ce-4232-9912-916eaff8280bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6637&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#6637

Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 10:47:10 -0800 (PST)
From: wkharris...@yahoo.com (Blinky the Wonder Wombat)
 by: Blinky the Wonder Wo - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 18:47 UTC

On Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at 12:33:05 PM UTC-5, Mark Jackson wrote:
> On 2/9/2022 10:26 AM, Mark Jackson wrote:

> >> They’ve been doing major maintenance on the website, and it still
> >> isn’t entirely working. Log off and log on again,
> >
> > Didn't work. Still broken this AM.
> >
> >> and (as we used to say at the New Jersey Renaissance Festival and
> >> Kingdom) “Watch for changes!”
> >
> > They emailed my favorites this morning - a change, since I never have
> > asked for that (and don't particularly care for it).
> >
> I did just get a response from CK Customer [soi-disant] Care,
> apologizing for my difficulties logging in and suggesting how I might
> still be able to search - neither of which was anything I reported as
> problems.
> --
> Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
> An object is a monotonous process.
> - Nelson Goodman

Same exact problems I've been dealing with since Sunday and the same canned (non-useful) "suggestions".

I've asked for a refund but don't actually expect them to respond to that request.

Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom fail

<QZmdncJFRMHwgJn_nZ2dnUU7-YnNnZ2d@giganews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6639&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#6639

Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 15:00:43 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
From: john.w.k...@gmail.com (John W Kennedy)
 by: John W Kennedy - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 20:00 UTC

On 2/9/22 10:26 AM, Mark Jackson wrote:
> On 2/8/2022 6:26 PM, John W Kennedy wrote:
>> On 2/8/22 3:08 PM, Mark Jackson wrote:
>>> Since this AM when I go to my Favorites page it says "You must be
>>> logged in or have an active subscription to do that."  Thing is, I
>>> do have a subscription and am logged in - I can view my
>>> subscription details, and my list of Favorites (probably could edit
>>> those also), just can't actually access the reason I pay for a
>>> subscription in the first place.
>>>
>>> Typical.
>>>
>> They’ve been doing major maintenance on the website, and it still
>> isn’t entirely working. Log off and log on again,
>
> Didn't work.  Still broken this AM.

It fixed the problem for me, yesterday, and it’s still fixed as of right
now, without having to recycle.

>> and (as we used to say at the New Jersey Renaissance Festival and
>> Kingdom) “Watch for changes!”
>
> They emailed my favorites this morning - a change, since I never have
> asked for that (and don't particularly care for it).

--
John W. Kennedy
Algernon Burbage, Lord Roderick, Father Martin, Bishop Baldwin,
King Pellinore, Captain Bailey, Merlin -- A Kingdom for a Stage!

Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom fail

<j6irroFljmsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6640&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#6640

From: mjack...@alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 17:00:24 -0500
 by: Mark Jackson - Wed, 9 Feb 2022 22:00 UTC

On 2/9/2022 3:00 PM, John W Kennedy wrote:
> On 2/9/22 10:26 AM, Mark Jackson wrote:

>>> They’ve been doing major maintenance on the website, and it still
>>> isn’t entirely working. Log off and log on again,
>>
>> Didn't work.  Still broken this AM.
>
> It fixed the problem for me, yesterday, and it’s still fixed as of right
> now, without having to recycle.

Just checked - it's fixed for me also.

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
An object is a monotonous process.
- Nelson Goodman

Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom fail

<j70fplF9d19U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6680&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#6680

From: mjack...@alumni.caltech.edu (Mark Jackson)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 21:00:20 -0500
 by: Mark Jackson - Tue, 15 Feb 2022 02:00 UTC

Well, CK was working for me since 9 February - although the first couple
of days back the comics were oversized for my 17" laptop monitor - and
it was OK earlier today, but right now https://comicskingdom.com/ seems
to be all that works - all other pages I have tried are Not Found.

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
An object is a monotonous process.
- Nelson Goodman

Re: Yet another Comics Kingdom fail

<a4cfeb94-75af-483e-979d-62524356c250n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6699&group=rec.arts.comics.strips#6699

Newsgroups: rec.arts.comics.strips
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 11:38:39 -0800 (PST)
From: wkharris...@yahoo.com (Blinky the Wonder Wombat)
 by: Blinky the Wonder Wo - Wed, 16 Feb 2022 19:38 UTC

On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 9:00:24 PM UTC-5, Mark Jackson wrote:
> Well, CK was working for me since 9 February - although the first couple
> of days back the comics were oversized for my 17" laptop monitor - and
> it was OK earlier today, but right now https://comicskingdom.com/ seems
> to be all that works - all other pages I have tried are Not Found.
> --

Interesting. I've gotten my Comics Kingdom feed back to normal on my desk top units but still not working on my Chromebook.