From: eichlert...@comcast.net (Bice)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.frank-zappa
Subject: Zappa songs I never thought I'd hear played in public
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2022 17:40:15 GMT
 by: Bice - Mon, 15 Aug 2022 17:40 UTC

A local microbrewery (Newfangled Brewing in Harrisburg, PA) announced
they were going out of business, and yesterday was their last day of
operation. So I stopped in for a final beer or five.

The owner (at least that's who I think he was) was drinking pretty
heavily along with the customers. As the final hour of operation got
underway, he decided he was going to take over selecting the music
playing over the PA system. Apparently he's a Zappa fan - he played
Bobby Brown Goes Down and Titties and Beer, neither of which I ever
thought I'd hear in a public establishment. Fortunately for him, I
think I was the only one who recognized the songs and could make out
the lyrics.

He also played Peaches En Regalia (a couple times) and started playing
Willie the Pimp and Don't Eat the Yellow Snow but quickly lost
interest in those and switched to other songs (did I mention that he
was pretty drunk?)

I was going to leave after my third beer, but the unusual playlist got
me to stick around until last call.

I'm gonna miss the place - they had decent beer and excellent food.
And apparently an owner with good taste in music.

-- Bob