From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: One Piece Film: Red
Date: 12 Nov 2022 05:48:18 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Sat, 12 Nov 2022 05:48 UTC

For probably the first 30 minutes or so, I was thinking I had wandered
into some kind of J-pop CGI parody of One Piece and that it would
never work. In the end it won me over with some of Oda's crowning
moments of senimental awesome.

That said, it's certainly not a jumping-on spot for the series and
nothing was done to introduce new viewers to the vast cast. I am
up to Vol 47 of the manga series (about half way to current), and
there were tons of characters I'd never seen before with the usual
weird designs, motivations and powers. If you didn't know who the
main Straw Hat heroes (other than Luffy) were, they probably came
across as just some of the other oddballs thrown into the mix.

I'd say recommended (with caveats) if you are a fan already, otherwise
prepare to be baffled.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

arts / rec.arts.movies.current-films / One Piece Film: Red