I always say beauty is only sin deep. -- Saki, "Reginald's Choir Treat"

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker and Dead End official pics

SubjectAuthor
* Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker and DeadIrrellius Spamticon
+* Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker andGustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats
|`* Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker andTravoltron
| `* Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker andIrrellius Spamticon
|  +- Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker andTravoltron
|  `- Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker andTravoltron
`* Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker andZobovor
 `- Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker andGustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats

1
Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker and Dead End official pics

<feab3d7e-2da3-458f-8584-81289eb83529n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6629&group=alt.toys.transformers#6629

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 19:14:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker and Dead
End official pics
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 02:14 UTC

So Optimus and Refraktor are cameras now, ell Refraktor was before kinda, now we get an Optimus that transforms into a Canon EOS Rebel R5 and a single Refraktor that also transforms into the entirety of the same Canon EOS Rebel R5

Optimus has a matrix inside the lens, and Refraktor gets some kind of other chip.

I have no interest in that Optimus, but I want that Refraktor.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=630937501934625&set=pcb.630937718601270

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=630940495267659&set=pcb.630940698600972

Blanker is here, and I'm a little disappointed in his Targetmaster having less articulation than Generations, Siege, Titans Return, and other recent Targetmaster/headmaster offerings.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=630934191934956&set=pcb.630934708601571

Dead End looks awesome.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=630935168601525&set=pcb.630935258601516

Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker and Dead End official pics

<f7f1bb75-944d-4d73-adb0-6dfdce83de53n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6631&group=alt.toys.transformers#6631

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 20:33:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker and
Dead End official pics
From: pork.not...@gmail.com (Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats)
 by: Gustavo Wombat, of t - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 03:33 UTC

On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 7:14:11 PM UTC-7, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
> So Optimus and Refraktor are cameras now, ell Refraktor was before kinda, now we get an Optimus that transforms into a Canon EOS Rebel R5 and a single Refraktor that also transforms into the entirety of the same Canon EOS Rebel R5
>
> Optimus has a matrix inside the lens, and Refraktor gets some kind of other chip.
>
> I have no interest in that Optimus, but I want that Refraktor.
>

> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=630937501934625&set=pcb.630937718601270
>
> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=630940495267659&set=pcb.630940698600972

Refraktor is nice, but a little weird being just one, and having so much black. I saw pictures of Optimus earlier and was thinking he's not the character I would have chosen. Magnificus might have been an interesting choice.

> Blanker is here, and I'm a little disappointed in his Targetmaster having less articulation than Generations, Siege, Titans Return, and other recent Targetmaster/headmaster offerings.
>
> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=630934191934956&set=pcb.630934708601571

I don't hate the Targetmaster being such a little brick. I'm a little disappointed, but not offended -- he seems more in scale with the deluxe than the recent Siege Targetmasters.

Huh, just discovered that Siege Crosshairs was not an amazingly inaccurate Pointblank.

> Dead End looks awesome.
> https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=630935168601525&set=pcb.630935258601516

Eh, he looks like Dead End. I guess that's good. I cannot explain why he doesn't thrill me. I do like the nice painted windows all around. He seems exactly like what we would want a Dead End to look like.

Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker and Dead End official pics

<td1dmq$qre$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6633&group=alt.toys.transformers#6633

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Dead End official pics
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 16:07:46 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Wed, 10 Aug 2022 23:07 UTC

I have that camera, or one very similar.
I might actually buy this if I can get the Reflector version. BBTS only
has the Optimus version at the moment.

Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker and Dead End official pics

<fa384e0c-d86e-4102-a84e-26d5ab5f5d8dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6634&group=alt.toys.transformers#6634

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 18:06:37 -0700 (PDT)
Dead End official pics
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 01:06 UTC

On Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 6:07:08 PM UTC-5, Travoltron wrote:
> I have that camera, or one very similar.
> I might actually buy this if I can get the Reflector version. BBTS only
> has the Optimus version at the moment.
So far Refraktor is only going to be on Takara Tomy mall

Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker and Dead End official pics

<td1mk5$1a21$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6635&group=alt.toys.transformers#6635

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Dead End official pics
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2022 18:39:57 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 01:39 UTC

On 8/10/2022 6:06 PM, Irrellius Spamticon wrote:

> So far Refraktor is only going to be on Takara Tomy mall

Ah, damn. I'm really only interested in that version.
I don't really have anybody in Japan anymore to help me with these
things. If I can't find it, oh well.

Speaking of unnecessary things, I pre-ordered the fourth coloration of
the Masterpiece Skids mold, Burnout. This one has a new head.

Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker and Dead End official pics

<94903fc4-6da6-46f1-bfe6-f8181123c488n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6638&group=alt.toys.transformers#6638

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 07:45:12 -0700 (PDT)
Dead End official pics
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Thu, 11 Aug 2022 14:45 UTC

On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 8:14:11 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> So Optimus and Refraktor are cameras now

They finally managed to make a fatter Optimus than the Energon toy! Very impressive.

> Blanker is here, and I'm a little disappointed in his Targetmaster having less articulation than Generations, Siege, Titans Return, and other recent Targetmaster/headmaster offerings.

The Battlemaster Targetmasters cost between five to seven bucks a pop depending on the retailer. That was untenable, especially if we eventually get updates for all the other characters who are supposed to come with TWO Targetmasters (we still haven't gotten Landfill or Quickmix or Needlenose or a good Quake). A simpler design is cheaper, easier to throw in as a pack-in sidekick while still coming in under budget, AND it's more authentic to G1.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'd rather get a simple, cheap Peacemaker than no Peacemaker at all. We've already gotten so many Targetmaster releases with no partners at all, forcing us to scramble (if you manage to find Siege Singe and the Amazon-exclusive Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, you can actually equip Spinister with his own guns!) and/or repurpose existing partners (buy a couple of extra Firedrives and they work okay as guns for Kup and Blurr). It's high time they started properly pairing Targetmasters with their own guns.
> Dead End looks awesome.

I wish they had chosen to more clearly accentuate the fake sliding tab on his chest. You know, the one that absolutely doesn't raise and lower his toy's head during transformation, but sure looks like it does. My eyes are drawn to that sliding tab every time I see his cartoon model.

Zob (whose head does not have a sliding tab, to my deep personal shame)

Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker and Dead End official pics

<5e1f4c0a-61b3-4c38-aa48-54937bc9bfa9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6652&group=alt.toys.transformers#6652

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 00:52:02 -0700 (PDT)
Dead End official pics
From: pork.not...@gmail.com (Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats)
 by: Gustavo Wombat, of t - Sat, 13 Aug 2022 07:52 UTC

On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 7:45:13 AM UTC-7, Zobovor wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 8:14:11 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
>
> > So Optimus and Refraktor are cameras now
> They finally managed to make a fatter Optimus than the Energon toy! Very impressive.
> > Blanker is here, and I'm a little disappointed in his Targetmaster having less articulation than Generations, Siege, Titans Return, and other recent Targetmaster/headmaster offerings.
> The Battlemaster Targetmasters cost between five to seven bucks a pop depending on the retailer. That was untenable, especially if we eventually get updates for all the other characters who are supposed to come with TWO Targetmasters (we still haven't gotten Landfill or Quickmix or Needlenose or a good Quake). A simpler design is cheaper, easier to throw in as a pack-in sidekick while still coming in under budget, AND it's more authentic to G1.

I would have liked the arms to move. I wouldn't mind if the arms were a single unit and moved together.

This does seem to be better scaled for a deluxe, though. The old Battlemasters are so bulky they seem to scale better with Voyagers.

> I guess what I'm saying is that I'd rather get a simple, cheap Peacemaker than no Peacemaker at all. We've already gotten so many Targetmaster releases with no partners at all, forcing us to scramble (if you manage to find Siege Singe and the Amazon-exclusive Decepticon Phantomstrike Squadron, you can actually equip Spinister with his own guns!) and/or repurpose existing partners (buy a couple of extra Firedrives and they work okay as guns for Kup and Blurr). It's high time they started properly pairing Targetmasters with their own guns.

This might be what Voyagers are for. Toys like Hot Rod and Ironhide seem too small to really be Voyagers, but toss in a Targetmaster or two on a character like Spinister, and it seems like a bargain.

(I still wish we got a Selects Targetmaster pack with folks for Blurr, Kup and Cyclonus...)

Re: Unveiled Canon Optimus and Refraktor collaborative, Blanker and Dead End official pics

<te5dsd$10c8$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6730&group=alt.toys.transformers#6730

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Dead End official pics
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 07:51:45 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Wed, 24 Aug 2022 14:51 UTC

On 8/10/2022 6:06 PM, Irrellius Spamticon wrote:
> So far Refraktor is only going to be on Takara Tomy mall

BBTS has it now