From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Subject: Questions about Go-Bots
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 08:34:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Thu, 25 Aug 2022 08:34 UTC

Zob mentioned the Go-Bots in an aside, and I realized I know roughly one
thing about Go-Bots — they’re Cyborgs with human(ish) brains in robot
bodies.

And that’s about it.

Why did they get rid of their flesh bodies?
- was there a plague?
- did the environment collapse?
- was it just the fashion?

Did it hurt?
- the Cybermen on Doctor Who are body horror when done well. They are in
constant agony, but their ability to scream has been removed. (The 12th
Doctor episode, “World Enough In Time”, is perhaps the best use of the
Cybermen since their introduction, and definitely the best in the NewWho
Era, because it makes them terrifying)

Was the entire population converted?
- was it just the wealthy who escaped some dark fate?
- did the process ever fail?

What did they do with the leftover bodies?
- is there a slave race of organic beings on Gobotron?

Was Scooter is 12 year old boy who had his body cut away from his brain,
and then got shoved into a robot body?

How long do they live? How many are there?

How do they reproduce?

Can they feel what their body touches?
- Robot Man in “Doom Patrol” kept a severed finger in a refrigerator in
hopes it could be grafted into his body so he can feel something. I kind of
expect a Hanna Barbara cartoon to not get that dark and just ignore that.

Are any of the Go-Bots related to each other?
- was Scooter Leader-1’s kid back when they were flesh? Or Cy-Kill’s?

Are the Renegades coming to earth to harvest brains to grow a new army?
Harvest bodies?

Why was the cartoon not called “Horror of the Go-Bots”? The whole thing
seems ripe for horror.

Re: Questions about Go-Bots

<f4459332-2b06-4ca2-9b58-5892ea990bfen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6742&group=alt.toys.transformers#6742

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 09:35:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Questions about Go-Bots
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 26 Aug 2022 16:35 UTC

On Thursday, August 25, 2022 at 2:34:27 AM UTC-6, Gustavo Wombat, of the Seattle Wombats wrote:

> Why did they get rid of their flesh bodies?
> - was there a plague?
> - did the environment collapse?
> - was it just the fashion?

Basically, they used to be a race of human-like beings calle GoBeings (I am not making this up), but war broke out on their home planet and their race nearly went extinct. There was a guy who had done some cybernetic experimentation on himself, called the Last Engineer, and he saved the GoBings from dying out by transferring their living brains into robot bodies called GoBots. So, basically it's the plot of the Robotix cartoon.
> Was the entire population converted?

Seems like it, except for the Last Engineer and the Master Renegade (who founded the bad guy GoBots movement), who were both in suspended animation.
> Can they feel what their body touches?

"My tires are tired, my pistons are pooped, my exhaust is exhausted..."—Scooter
> Why was the cartoon not called “Horror of the Go-Bots”? The whole thing
> seems ripe for horror.

Perhaps the true "challenge of the GoBots" was to not be driven insane.

Zob (AVERAGE PEOPLE! AVERAGE CITIZENS! GOBEINGS!)