Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2022 04:38:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Third_Party_X-Transbots_Orion_Pax_(with_Zobovor-Appr
oved™_Colors)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sun, 28 Aug 2022 11:38 UTC

In addition to the official Orion Pax toy coming as part of the "Hero is Born" set, eviently X-Transbots has also seen fit to produce an original Orion Pax toy, an all-new mold, and it even transforms into the authentic Floro Dery vehicle mode that was designed for the character but never seen on-screen.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/x-transbots-orion-pax.1236725/

The colors of the vehicle form seem to be based directly on my concept illustration for his vehicle form, whose colors I basically guessed at:

https://www.deviantart.com/zobovor/art/Transformers-G1-Orion-Pax-Fan-Color-Model-865925063

It's really weird and interesting to see my own color choices realized in physical space. A lot of fans on the message board are, of course, arguing intensely about this ("the lavender color is clearly all wrong"; "no vehicle mode for Orion Pax was ever designed so they just made up something random"; "this is obviously just a failed Rodimus Prime toy," etc.) and probably shouldn't be slinging opinions if they know nothing about the character!

Still, it just goes to show you how many companies are frequently relying on Google hits for research (my color model is the top search return for "Orion Pax cartoon model") rather than digging into the episodes and checking screen shots for themselves. I am always very careful to label my fan art as such, because my work has been confused for official sources in the past, but even when I do, it seems like this sort of thing will always continue to happen!

Zob (I wonder, shouldn't I get a free copy of the toy or something now...?)