From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Subject: Re: Was "Batgirl" garbage because AT&T took over Time-Warner?
Date: 21 Nov 2022 03:43:42 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Mon, 21 Nov 2022 03:43 UTC

In article <e2243183-25aa-442b-89d4-39f0d0697829n@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:
>It took some time longer to discover that quality control appeared to have
>gone off the rails at the movie studio. Mr. Zaslav took the rare step of
>canceling the much-anticipated and nearly complete “Batgirl,” which had
>cost upward of $90 million; a Scooby-Doo sequel; and six other films
>destined for HBO Max that Discovery managers deemed all but unwatchable.
>
>https://groups.google.com/g/rec.arts.tv/c/EzYFCNY19cQ

I saw somewhere that "nearly complete" for "Batgirl" is a bit misleading.
I believe the story was that, yes, the action had been shot, but none of
the FX (a major component) had been done. And then there was something
about being able to take an advantageous write-down on the sunk cost.

Unfortunately I don't have a link.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..