Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 08:55:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: The Prophet Muhammad converts to Zoroastrianism
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Wed, 4 Aug 2021 15:55 UTC

What if the (future our TL Muslim) Prophet Muhammad would have converted to Zoroastrianism instead? Would he have been able to create anywhere near as large of a religious following as he was able to do in real life? Would Arabs actually be willing to blindly follow a Persian religion as opposed to their own traditional religion(s) and religious traditions? Would we have seen anything comparable to the extremely massive Arab conquests from 635 to 750 AD in this TL? And just how exactly would the Persians (Sassanid Empire) feel about Arabs appropriating their religion for themselves?

Any thoughts on all of this?