"Tell the truth and run." -- Yugoslav proverb

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Race Officials Cosmos and Clampdown review.

SubjectAuthor
* Race Officials Cosmos and Clampdown review.Irrellius Spamticon
`* Re: Race Officials Cosmos and Clampdown review.Zobovor
 `* Re: Race Officials Cosmos and Clampdown review.Irrellius Spamticon
  +- Re: Race Officials Cosmos and Clampdown review.Gustavo Wombat
  `- Re: Race Officials Cosmos and Clampdown review.Zobovor

1
Race Officials Cosmos and Clampdown review.

<6d48c1d3-c5d0-4609-bfac-b6364de18e72n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6816&group=alt.toys.transformers#6816

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 16:29:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Race Officials Cosmos and Clampdown review.
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Mon, 12 Sep 2022 23:29 UTC

Found both of them just sitting in the busiest Walmart in the state.

Ton of the Blurr, some Burn Outs, and a few Road Rockets, 2 Clampdowns, 1 Scourge, 1 Cosmos, a few reissue Cybershark and Terrorsaur, some Coronation Starscream and otherwise almost no other Transformers.

Picked up the Clampdown and the Cosmos. Both come in vehicle mode, Clamptown tied down with 3 rattan ties and his gun, launcher, missile, and lightbar wrapped up in tissue paper underneath. Cosmo with 2 rattan ties and the gun and flag in tissue paper underneath. I can understand the theft fears. Loosen either tie on Cosmos and hes' loose.

So Clampdown is my first foray into the "Earth mode" Sideswipe mold.

I'm a little disappointed. It's really so much the same. We've go the smoky dark translucent windshield, instead of the painted inside silver. W've got the same transformation, we have a big gun as well as the shoulder rocket and light bar. The light bar is really loose in the top of the car.

There is very little paint, it' white and black except for blue kneecaps, silver face, red abdomen slit, , and some little blue police logos consisting of a basic looking shield with an Autobot logo in the middle. I wish he had headlights or tail lights. Tail lights are badly needed on his solid white rear end.

It really doesn't even feel like a remold away from the Siege version. I guess I just really will have to rely on Cordon for my enjoyable police Lamborghini.

Cosmos is a giant now. Yes he only comes up to Clampdown's shoulder, but he's so big it's unnevrving. It's not quite like how Powerglide as an ultra was weird but it's close.

His flag plugs into the gun and his gun is the flag holder, it can be a race flag or a surrender flag, depending on if you're looking at the painted side....Err, maybe the white side is painted to.

For being such a large size his transformation is surprisingly not different from his G1 version. His feet pull out from the front, his arms are the sides,but his back ratchets up to put his shoulders up instead of the arm sliders, his fists flip around, and his head flips up on a round panel that looks like a sewer lid, or maybe I just put out too much TMNT stuff this week.

His head panels seem to be slightly split n mine, and i feel like I'm going to break the head rotation because it's been getting stuck in partial positions and I don't know how.

He has all of the C.O.MB.A.T 5mm ports, his back port and shoulder ports end up on the outside of his saucer self. His saucer self also has fake fingers on the back that end up on his shoulders. His littel back flap keeps accidentally springing across the room. almost as i he had a missile launcher with a sensitive trigger. That and some holes in the front around the center cylinder end up very egregiously bad if you look directly at it.

He grew on me pretty fast. I always knew I'd end up getting him.

Cosmos obviously isn' a racecar, and neither is Clampdown, so I guess they're both judges.
I didn't find Override, but Elita One is for some reason at Best Buy.

Walmart signage says the Studio Series core were $5 but the lone ravage rang up at $12 which is actually more expensive than anywhere else I've seen him.

Re: Race Officials Cosmos and Clampdown review.

<ef612201-5b53-4876-8a6f-c922be7b6df4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6818&group=alt.toys.transformers#6818

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 20:17:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Race Officials Cosmos and Clampdown review.
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 03:17 UTC

On Monday, September 12, 2022 at 5:29:44 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
> So Clampdown is my first foray into the "Earth mode" Sideswipe mold.
> I'm a little disappointed. It's really so much the same.

There were so many Earthrise toys that were basically just "the Siege toy again, only different." Sideswipe definitely falls into this category. But, I like him. The add-on spoiler parts by Nonnef Productions help the vehicle mode quite a bit, too.

> Cosmos is a giant now. Yes he only comes up to Clampdown's shoulder, but he's so big it's unnevrving. It's not quite like how Powerglide as an ultra was weird but it's close.

It's definitely weird if you're accustomed to the tiny little joy buzzer from G1. But, he's pretty much to scale with all the toys we've been getting since 2019 or so. I want all Mini Autobots in a Deluxe size. This, I command. Powerglide, Seaspray Beachcomber, Gears, Brawn... Hasbro must do them all. I will even accept a very small Deluxe-class Wheelie, if they can just get his damn vehicle mode right.

> His head panels seem to be slightly split n mine, and i feel like I'm going to break the head rotation because it's been getting stuck in partial positions and I don't know how.

If you try to flip it when he's in vehicle mode, it won't work. That yellow bar that slides in and out of his back gets in the way.
> His little back flap keeps accidentally springing across the room. almost as i he had a missile launcher with a sensitive trigger.

That flap on the back annoys me. It's always falling off.

Zob (metal pins are our friends)

Re: Race Officials Cosmos and Clampdown review.

<16083264-3539-4a2a-ba33-6545ccb0ae1en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6820&group=alt.toys.transformers#6820

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 05:57:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Tue, 13 Sep 2022 12:57 UTC

On Monday, September 12, 2022 at 10:17:51 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> On Monday, September 12, 2022 at 5:29:44 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
>
> > So Clampdown is my first foray into the "Earth mode" Sideswipe mold.
> > I'm a little disappointed. It's really so much the same.
> There were so many Earthrise toys that were basically just "the Siege toy again, only different." Sideswipe definitely falls into this category. But, I like him. The add-on spoiler parts by Nonnef Productions help the vehicle mode quite a bit, too.

How does the spoiler attach if he has no top 5mm ports? Was tempted to steal Exhaust's spoiler until I saw no obvious connection point. I guess Cordon will just get Exhaust's spoiler.

> > Cosmos is a giant now. Yes he only comes up to Clampdown's shoulder, but he's so big it's unnevrving. It's not quite like how Powerglide as an ultra was weird but it's close.
> It's definitely weird if you're accustomed to the tiny little joy buzzer from G1. But, he's pretty much to scale with all the toys we've been getting since 2019 or so. I want all Mini Autobots in a Deluxe size. This, I command. Powerglide, Seaspray Beachcomber, Gears, Brawn... Hasbro must do them all. I will even accept a very small Deluxe-class Wheelie, if they can just get his damn vehicle mode right.

Remember back when RTS Seaspray was heresy to G1 fans because he was too big?
Although Energon Beachcomber was definitely too big.

> > His head panels seem to be slightly split n mine, and i feel like I'm going to break the head rotation because it's been getting stuck in partial positions and I don't know how.
> If you try to flip it when he's in vehicle mode, it won't work. That yellow bar that slides in and out of his back gets in the way.

I figured out the yellow bar, but now the little clip that holds the collar in place is so tight I feel like it's going to snap off.

> > His little back flap keeps accidentally springing across the room. almost as i he had a missile launcher with a sensitive trigger.
>
> That flap on the back annoys me. It's always falling off.
>

> Zob (metal pins are our friends)

Re: Race Officials Cosmos and Clampdown review.

<tg0kif$fcs$2@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6832&group=alt.toys.transformers#6832

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 01:46:55 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Fri, 16 Sep 2022 01:46 UTC

Irrellius Spamticon <Ob1kenoby@att.net> wrote:
> On Monday, September 12, 2022 at 10:17:51 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
>> On Monday, September 12, 2022 at 5:29:44 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
>>
>>> So Clampdown is my first foray into the "Earth mode" Sideswipe mold.
>>> I'm a little disappointed. It's really so much the same.
>> There were so many Earthrise toys that were basically just "the Siege
>> toy again, only different." Sideswipe definitely falls into this
>> category. But, I like him. The add-on spoiler parts by Nonnef
>> Productions help the vehicle mode quite a bit, too.
>
> How does the spoiler attach if he has no top 5mm ports? Was tempted to
> steal Exhaust's spoiler until I saw no obvious connection point. I guess
> Cordon will just get Exhaust's spoiler.
>
>>> Cosmos is a giant now. Yes he only comes up to Clampdown's shoulder,
>>> but he's so big it's unnevrving. It's not quite like how Powerglide as
>>> an ultra was weird but it's close.
>> It's definitely weird if you're accustomed to the tiny little joy buzzer
>> from G1. But, he's pretty much to scale with all the toys we've been
>> getting since 2019 or so. I want all Mini Autobots in a Deluxe size.
>> This, I command. Powerglide, Seaspray Beachcomber, Gears, Brawn...
>> Hasbro must do them all. I will even accept a very small Deluxe-class
>> Wheelie, if they can just get his damn vehicle mode right.
>
> Remember back when RTS Seaspray was heresy to G1 fans because he was too big?
> Although Energon Beachcomber was definitely too big.

That SeaSPRAY is one of my favorite molds. I’m not sure if I like the
incongruous hulking large Seaspray character, or the green non-character
better. But it’s a great toy either way.

>>> His head panels seem to be slightly split n mine, and i feel like I'm
>>> going to break the head rotation because it's been getting stuck in
>>> partial positions and I don't know how.
>> If you try to flip it when he's in vehicle mode, it won't work. That
>> yellow bar that slides in and out of his back gets in the way.
>>

> I figured out the yellow bar, but now the little clip that holds the
> collar in place is so tight I feel like it's going to snap off.

No idea, mine is nice and just right. Maybe Zob will know, or maybe the
clip needs to be shaved on yours — I have some flashing in one of the
COMBAT ports, so it happens.

>>> His little back flap keeps accidentally springing across the room.
>>> almost as i he had a missile launcher with a sensitive trigger.
>>
>> That flap on the back annoys me. It's always falling off.
>>

>> Zob (metal pins are our friends)

Re: Race Officials Cosmos and Clampdown review.

<1aac8612-50aa-442f-aa29-f1cfc545b8f3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6853&group=alt.toys.transformers#6853

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 20:14:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 03:14 UTC

On Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 6:57:38 AM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

>>The add-on spoiler parts by Nonnef Productions help the vehicle mode quite a bit, too.
>
> How does the spoiler attach if he has no top 5mm ports?

Sorry, meant to answer this days ago. There are adapter parts that plug into the existing triangular-shaped holes on either side, near the back of the car. Looks like this:

https://twitter.com/NonnefProd/status/1440778380480110599

Zob (hasn't bought much Nonnef stuff lately)