Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 16:36:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Zob's Thoughts on Some Kind of Tiny Arcee from Dollar Tree
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Mon, 19 Sep 2022 23:36 UTC

Avast, ye land lubbers! It be Talk Like A Pirate Day, verily and belike. Arr!

So my young lass of a daughter, she be working hard labor in exchange for her fair share of the treasure (swapping the deck, feeding the bilge rats, normal pirate stuff) and she were itchin' to spend her hard-earned gold doubloons at yonder Dollar General.

As luck would have it, just this morning I found me a message in a bottle, courtesy of Reddit, and enscribed upon its rolled and slightly dampened scroll was a secret message. It spoke of a glorious plastic box, witchcraft to be sure, suitable for displaying all sorts of various and sundry treasures—Hot Wheels chief among them, arr!

Now, some of ye may know this old sea captain is no stranger to decorating miniature scale-model vessels with ugly gobs of paint, belike, but I has yet to find a suitable means of displaying them. So a deal was strong with the fair lass—we set sail for Dollar Tree, but brough a spring upon 'er and headed for Dollar General so that she might acquire something exotic she would only refer to as "Mexican candy." She may have been speaking in tongues, verily.

And while she was bartering with yonder sales wench, I caught a glimpse with me spyglass of a most familiar face—the maiden wench Arcee, in diminutive form, no less! Shiver me timbers! She was a paltry five doubloons and change, which seemed equitable. What name be her toy line known by? Authentics? Sink me, I have no clue.

On a card she came packaged, in a plastic bubble that mine eyes have not seen since the early days of yonder Core-class Kingdom toys. A tiny wench she be, truly, a mere third of an Imperial foot, and hollow feet is what she has, truly. She lacks sturdy sea legs, but one can hardly feel horswaggled for such a paltry sum.

As a ground vessel she be barely over three inches, verily, and she flops about like a fish on the poop deck—what bilge-sucking Hasbro landlubber thought this was a shipshape design? Like a tiny Earthrise toy she be, with nearly a full maiden robot visible 'neath the undercarriage, verily. There be a dorsal notch on her, but no sign o' the fin that I be expecting.. Like some scurvy carouser designed it but didn't include it. No sign of it on the packaging, blast it all.

Other buccaneers present at the locale include Captain Optimus Prime, verily, and that scallywag Megatron, but none others. Arcee be the only one who I plundered on this day, but I did see fit to ransack nearly four and twenty of the coveted plastic display boxes—plundered their entire stock, I did—so mine cargo hold was hardly empty as we set sail for home, me buckos!

Zob (yo ho ho!)

Re: Zob's Thoughts on Some Kind of Tiny Arcee from Dollar Tree

<51557535-f0ab-478d-b594-10f54715ba58n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6863&group=alt.toys.transformers#6863

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 07:23:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: kjvi...@gmail.com (Avaran)
 by: Avaran - Tue, 20 Sep 2022 14:23 UTC

> As a ground vessel she be barely over three inches, verily, and she flops about like a fish on the poop deck—what bilge-sucking Hasbro landlubber thought this was a shipshape design? Like a tiny Earthrise toy she be, with nearly a full maiden robot visible 'neath the undercarriage, verily. There be a dorsal notch on her, but no sign o' the fin that I be expecting.. Like some scurvy carouser designed it but didn't include it. No sign of it on the packaging, blast it all.

Ho ho, like a hook for a hand can double as ye old can opener, ye old flintlock can double as a fin, shiver me timbers:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/authentics-bravo-arcee.1232490/