The absent ones are always at fault.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Legacy Breakdown Revealed

SubjectAuthor
* Legacy Breakdown RevealedZobovor
`* Re: Legacy Breakdown RevealedIrrellius Spamticon
 +- Re: Legacy Breakdown RevealedZobovor
 `* Re: Legacy Breakdown RevealedCodigo Postal
  `* Re: Legacy Breakdown RevealedIrrellius Spamticon
   `- Re: Legacy Breakdown RevealedZobovor

1
Legacy Breakdown Revealed

<19a2fb3c-fc6e-437b-bb94-882c4e6d3c64n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6869&group=alt.toys.transformers#6869

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 15:33:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Legacy Breakdown Revealed
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 22:33 UTC

The TakaraTomy Hobby EXPO is happening in Tokyo right now, and among the toys on display include a fully-assembled Legacy Menasor (or "Motror Master" if you believe the name placard):

https://www.allspark.com/first-look-at-legacy-breakdown-and-a-complete-legacy-menasor/

Fans are a little miffed because Breakdown (who's just on display as Menasor's left leg) appears to be heavily based on Wildrider, or at least his engineering is. The main shape of the car mode appears to be largely the same, the way the windshield opens on a hinge is identical (and takes the same shape), and only a handful of details (like the size and position of the vent behind the rear window) appear to be different.

Of course, it's entirely possible that he shares a different transformation and styling than Wildrider, but he's meant to fold up into the same size and shape of car in order to properly function as a Menasor leg. I mean, all the old Scramble City toys were basically the same height, but they had to be in order to play up the interchangeability aspect.

It would be strange for Breakdown to be highly inaccurate to the cartoon, though, considering what great lengths they went to in order to preserve the fidelity of the other four characters. A highly disingenuous Breakdown at this stage would be such a wrong-headed move that I can't even consider for a moment that this is really the direction they would have taken. But, we'll have to wait for proper reveals of his robot mode, and a vehicle mode that's not contorted into a combiner limb, to say for sure.

Zob (will all things said, you've turned to red, don't be a traffic light)

Re: Legacy Breakdown Revealed

<35049492-f47a-4769-abf3-f06776a9b57dn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6870&group=alt.toys.transformers#6870

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 16:57:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Legacy Breakdown Revealed
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Fri, 23 Sep 2022 23:57 UTC

On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 5:33:45 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> The TakaraTomy Hobby EXPO is happening in Tokyo right now, and among the toys on display include a fully-assembled Legacy Menasor (or "Motror Master" if you believe the name placard):
>
> https://www.allspark.com/first-look-at-legacy-breakdown-and-a-complete-legacy-menasor/
>
> Fans are a little miffed because Breakdown (who's just on display as Menasor's left leg) appears to be heavily based on Wildrider, or at least his engineering is. The main shape of the car mode appears to be largely the same, the way the windshield opens on a hinge is identical (and takes the same shape), and only a handful of details (like the size and position of the vent behind the rear window) appear to be different.
>
> Of course, it's entirely possible that he shares a different transformation and styling than Wildrider, but he's meant to fold up into the same size and shape of car in order to properly function as a Menasor leg. I mean, all the old Scramble City toys were basically the same height, but they had to be in order to play up the interchangeability aspect.
>
> It would be strange for Breakdown to be highly inaccurate to the cartoon, though, considering what great lengths they went to in order to preserve the fidelity of the other four characters. A highly disingenuous Breakdown at this stage would be such a wrong-headed move that I can't even consider for a moment that this is really the direction they would have taken. But, we'll have to wait for proper reveals of his robot mode, and a vehicle mode that's not contorted into a combiner limb, to say for sure.
>

> Zob (will all things said, you've turned to red, don't be a traffic light)

Nevermind that, they got MP Raiden!
https://www.facebook.com/TFsource/photos/pcb.10158891332221711/10158891332091711/
https://www.facebook.com/TFsource/photos/pcb.10158891332221711/10158891332111711

Also nobody cares but we're getting Buzzworthy NEST Evasion Movie Prime, Buzzworthy Studio Movie NEST Bonecrusher, and Buzzorthy Studio Dead Movie Ratchet

Re: Legacy Breakdown Revealed

<ece9269a-06bd-43e1-8e5f-2a5419983acen@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6872&group=alt.toys.transformers#6872

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 18:17:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sat, 24 Sep 2022 01:17 UTC

On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 5:57:11 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> Nevermind that, they got MP Raiden!

He looks pretty good. I'm honestly not super excited about the character (he was never part of my childhood Transformers experience, so I have no attachment to him whatsoever) but I'm glad he exists for those who want him. I think I'm more excited about what he potentially *represents.*

It would be great if they branched out and started doing more Masterpiece combiners. Obviously, we're never going to get official Masterpiece editions for all 383 original G1 characters, but I could definitely see them systematically ticking off the boxes and doing all the Scramble City combiners. I mean, they're almost out of Diaclone Car Robo toys to do (with Trailbreaker coming, all we're missing is Hoist and Jazz and Mirage), so they have to focus on something going forward.

I guess they could start looking at more obscure characters, too. I mean, Masterpiece toys aren't exactly for the casual consumer. They're pricy. You have to be really committed to the brand. If you're willing to buy a $150 version of Grapple, there's no reason why I can think you would be opposed to buying a $150 version of Chromedome or Slapdash. And, eventually, they'll enter an era where there isn't a strong, definitive cartoon version of the late-run G1 characters (it's not like people are going to complain that Masterpiece Vroom doesn't match the five seconds of animation from his toy commercial), so they can focus on going back to basics and doing a good, solid update to the G1 toywithout worrying about maintaining fidelity to some incorrectly-colored media version.

Zob (debating whether to put the My First Transformers on a shelf)

Re: Legacy Breakdown Revealed

<3996485c-2b8b-4768-ab19-332da85ed86bn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6876&group=alt.toys.transformers#6876

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 10:34:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: codigopo...@gmail.com (Codigo Postal)
 by: Codigo Postal - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 17:34 UTC

On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 7:57:11 PM UTC-4, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
> On Friday, September 23, 2022 at 5:33:45 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> > The TakaraTomy Hobby EXPO is happening in Tokyo right now, and among the toys on display include a fully-assembled Legacy Menasor (or "Motror Master" if you believe the name placard):
> >
> > https://www.allspark.com/first-look-at-legacy-breakdown-and-a-complete-legacy-menasor/
> >
> > Fans are a little miffed because Breakdown (who's just on display as Menasor's left leg) appears to be heavily based on Wildrider, or at least his engineering is. The main shape of the car mode appears to be largely the same, the way the windshield opens on a hinge is identical (and takes the same shape), and only a handful of details (like the size and position of the vent behind the rear window) appear to be different.
> >
> > Of course, it's entirely possible that he shares a different transformation and styling than Wildrider, but he's meant to fold up into the same size and shape of car in order to properly function as a Menasor leg. I mean, all the old Scramble City toys were basically the same height, but they had to be in order to play up the interchangeability aspect.
> >
> > It would be strange for Breakdown to be highly inaccurate to the cartoon, though, considering what great lengths they went to in order to preserve the fidelity of the other four characters. A highly disingenuous Breakdown at this stage would be such a wrong-headed move that I can't even consider for a moment that this is really the direction they would have taken. But, we'll have to wait for proper reveals of his robot mode, and a vehicle mode that's not contorted into a combiner limb, to say for sure.
> >

> > Zob (will all things said, you've turned to red, don't be a traffic light)
> Nevermind that, they got MP Raiden!
> https://www.facebook.com/TFsource/photos/pcb.10158891332221711/10158891332091711/
> https://www.facebook.com/TFsource/photos/pcb.10158891332221711/10158891332111711
>
> Also nobody cares but we're getting Buzzworthy NEST Evasion Movie Prime, Buzzworthy Studio Movie NEST Bonecrusher, and Buzzorthy Studio Dead Movie Ratchet

Rumor has it that we're getting a reissue of SS38 Bumblebee Prime as well. I think it's great. Life's stressful enough, buying toys as a hobby ought to be fun and relaxing, not an added source of stress. Making sure that sought-after toys are available is great for consumers and a nice middle finger to scalpers. I've definitely got my eye on the DOTM Prime with the trailer - always regretted not picking him up when he first came out.

As for Raiden, I'm in the same boat where he's not a media character that had any impact on my childhood, and therefore I'm completely neutral. Happy for those that want him though.

I think there's money to be made in MP Headmasters. The Titans Return versions are perfectly adequate for CHUG, but there's so much more that could be done, and as media characters, they have a built-in fanbase. Give us the Big 4 (Chromedome, Highbrow, Brainstorm, and Hardhead), and the Evil 3 (Mindwipe, Skullcruncher, and Weirdwolf), with fully painted and articulated headmasters, as well as the headmaster activated tech spec gauge. I'd love to see what they could do with a Headmaster Arcee.

Re: Legacy Breakdown Revealed

<387c2f69-95e2-458a-b1c0-bc8efd1b0be0n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6878&group=alt.toys.transformers#6878

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 15:21:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 22:21 UTC

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 12:34:32 PM UTC-5, Codigo Postal wrote:
> [...]
>
> As for Raiden, I'm in the same boat where he's not a media character that had any impact on my childhood, and therefore I'm completely neutral. Happy for those that want him though.
>
> I think there's money to be made in MP Headmasters. The Titans Return versions are perfectly adequate for CHUG, but there's so much more that could be done, and as media characters, they have a built-in fanbase. Give us the Big 4 (Chromedome, Highbrow, Brainstorm, and Hardhead), and the Evil 3 (Mindwipe, Skullcruncher, and Weirdwolf), with fully painted and articulated headmasters, as well as the headmaster activated tech spec gauge. I'd love to see what they could do with a Headmaster Arcee.

Or we could go MP Insecticons, MP Windcharger, Seaspray, Powerglide, Cosmos, Reflector, Blurr, Kup, Scourge, Galvatron,

Re: Legacy Breakdown Revealed

<998382f4-c08a-436e-a4eb-b06b25833e4an@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6882&group=alt.toys.transformers#6882

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 16:49:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Sun, 25 Sep 2022 23:49 UTC

On Sunday, September 25, 2022 at 4:21:09 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> Or we could go MP Insecticons, MP Windcharger, Seaspray, Powerglide, Cosmos, Reflector, Blurr, Kup, Scourge, Galvatron,

Sure, yes. All of those. And Astrotrain and Blitzwing and Cyclonus and Scourge and Springer and Wreck-Gar and Wheelie.

But AFTER those. We need to think about the future.

Zob (Scramble City is where it's at)