Misery loves company, but company does not reciprocate.

interests / alt.toys.transformers / Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this time

SubjectAuthor
* Another Transformers dream, G2 this timeIrrellius Spamticon
`* Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this timeZobovor
 +* Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this timeIrrellius Spamticon
 |`* Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this timeGustavo Wombat
 | `- Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this timeJoseph Bardsley
 `* Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this timeTravoltron
  `- Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this timeIrrellius Spamticon

1
Another Transformers dream, G2 this time

<48772e22-65ab-4cf5-b09d-af924cffa123n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6887&group=alt.toys.transformers#6887

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 15:56:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Another Transformers dream, G2 this time
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Tue, 27 Sep 2022 22:56 UTC

So I had another Transformers dream, this time it was toys celebrating 30 years of G2

I was in a convention center attached to a motel attached to a mall,that still had a Toys R us. The convention ran out of some of thwie G2 Bundles, so we hd to go get some in the mall

Each G2 bundle was 3 pieces under a clear dome, mine was a massively oversized G2 Seaspray the size of the GI Joe Whale, a regular size Predacon Tantrum but color swapped as a G2 Predacon (He was yellow instead of orange and black instead of red, literally the G1 toy with palletes swapped within the same combiner deco) and a humanized version of Seaspray in the form of a 3..75 scale GI Joe character that could fit in the oversized transforming form.

The other bundles had
Oversized G2 Cliffjumper with G2 Rampage
Oversized G2 Beachcomber with G2 Headstrong
Oversized Cosmos in a G2 dark blue deco with G2 Divebomb
Oversized Powerglide in a dark green with a G2 Razorclaw

I was so bummed when I realized they were a product of my subconscious and not real.

Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this time

<b695ab5b-e4cf-4645-b9f3-14cafc3154b2n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6888&group=alt.toys.transformers#6888

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 17:15:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this time
From: zmf...@aol.com (Zobovor)
 by: Zobovor - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 00:15 UTC

On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 4:56:15 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:

> So I had another Transformers dream, this time it was toys celebrating 30 years of G2

The Predacons would have been great during G2. Somebody to fight the Dinobots, you know? And the toys could only have been improved with missile launchers and stickers with their names all over their bodies.

I've frequently had dreams about being in old toy shops that were just jam-packed full of vintage GoBots and Transformers as far as the eye can see. Invariably it's one of those dreams where everything goes wrong—I've forgotten my wallet, or my credit cards don't work, or something along those lines. It's like my subconscious mind hasn't quite caught up to modern times, and doesn't realize the Internet is a thing. I don't really have dreams about finding killer deals on eBay, though. It's always the musty, ancient toy shops that time forgot.

Zob (been hunting Micromaster Transports this week)

Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this time

<96fc3ce0-83fa-4cd2-afbf-41658b9b9e70n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6889&group=alt.toys.transformers#6889

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 17:37:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 00:37 UTC

On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 7:15:10 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 4:56:15 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
>
> > So I had another Transformers dream, this time it was toys celebrating 30 years of G2
> The Predacons would have been great during G2. Somebody to fight the Dinobots, you know? And the toys could only have been improved with missile launchers and stickers with their names all over their bodies.

I'm surprised they haven't done any Predaking recolors ever, they did the engineering and never reused them,

> I've frequently had dreams about being in old toy shops that were just jam-packed full of vintage GoBots and Transformers as far as the eye can see. Invariably it's one of those dreams where everything goes wrong—I've forgotten my wallet, or my credit cards don't work, or something along those lines. It's like my subconscious mind hasn't quite caught up to modern times, and doesn't realize the Internet is a thing. I don't really have dreams about finding killer deals on eBay, though. It's always the musty, ancient toy shops that time forgot.

I still seek out the thrill of the hunt of finding things in a store. I still remember going to 18 TJ Maxx an Marshalls stores (Ross hadn't gotten here yet) to find RTS Lugnut for $10. He's $200 now to get a new one.

> Zob (been hunting Micromaster Transports this week)

If I knew you were looking for them I've had all but Roughstuff this last two weeks. We got in 300 loose transformers 2 weeks ago and 300 Prime era Transformers last week
I understand how people get carpal Tunnel after entering 300 transformers in to the system.

I am tempted to take an extra Whale and paint it as Seaspray now. Because people weren't butthurt enough about the size of the RTS one. I could repaint an AWE striker as Beachcomber, but why? The Awe Striker is boring no matter what. Also they just did the Bumblebee AWE Striker. That transforms and still isn't interesting.

Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this time

<th0auh$u1m$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6891&group=alt.toys.transformers#6891

From: travolt...@defender.uni (Travoltron)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 19:19:51 -0700
 by: Travoltron - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 02:19 UTC

On 9/27/2022 5:15 PM, Zobovor wrote:
> I've frequently had dreams about being in old toy shops that were just jam-packed full of vintage GoBots and Transformers as far as the eye can see. Invariably it's one of those dreams where everything goes wrong—I've forgotten my wallet, or my credit cards don't work, or something along those lines.

Yes, I've had this dream many times. Often times it involves stumbling
across a long-lost Toys R Us somehow that has tons of 80s toys still on
the racks.

I thought this dream may have originated from a similar incident in my
past. The mall toy store went out of business in the mid-90s and they
put out all their decade-old backroom stock back on the shelves. It was
shocking, like a trip back in time. I recall MASK, Transformers, Battle
Beasts, and MUSCLE all out on the shelves again. I only had a limited
amount of money back then, so I got the Matchbox Voltron I and Voltron
III toys that I'd always regretted passing on in elementary school.

I've had some REALLY weird toy dreams. You know how there are candy
"Lego" bricks? I had a dream that I'd imported some candy toys from
Japan... except these Transformers model kits are literally made of
candy. And somebody ends up eating them and I get upset.

Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this time

<e28fe3a8-493d-43ed-8a4c-3170b45348abn@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6892&group=alt.toys.transformers#6892

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 19:26:52 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ob1ken...@att.net (Irrellius Spamticon)
 by: Irrellius Spamticon - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 02:26 UTC

On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 9:19:00 PM UTC-5, Travoltron wrote:
> On 9/27/2022 5:15 PM, Zobovor wrote:
> > I've frequently had dreams about being in old toy shops that were just jam-packed full of vintage GoBots and Transformers as far as the eye can see. Invariably it's one of those dreams where everything goes wrong—I've forgotten my wallet, or my credit cards don't work, or something along those lines.
> Yes, I've had this dream many times. Often times it involves stumbling
> across a long-lost Toys R Us somehow that has tons of 80s toys still on
> the racks.

I still dream of going in to an empty Kmart or Venture and finding something under the empty shelves.
One time it was Starcom

> I thought this dream may have originated from a similar incident in my
> past. The mall toy store went out of business in the mid-90s and they
> put out all their decade-old backroom stock back on the shelves. It was
> shocking, like a trip back in time. I recall MASK, Transformers, Battle
> Beasts, and MUSCLE all out on the shelves again. I only had a limited
> amount of money back then, so I got the Matchbox Voltron I and Voltron
> III toys that I'd always regretted passing on in elementary school.

It's funny, sometime in 2020 someone found a whole container of still sealed MASK toys, and the collecting community has spent the last 2 years going nuts

> I've had some REALLY weird toy dreams. You know how there are candy
> "Lego" bricks? I had a dream that I'd imported some candy toys from
> Japan... except these Transformers model kits are literally made of
> candy. And somebody ends up eating them and I get upset.

Those candy kits are fun. I got a candy piranacon and Dreadwing. The candy had expired but the kits still worked.

We have to warn people not to eat the PEZ that comes in their 2007 Star Wars commemorative PEZ gift sets.

Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this time

<th0btl$15ou$1@gioia.aioe.org>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6893&group=alt.toys.transformers#6893

From: gustavow...@yahoo.com (Gustavo Wombat)
Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 02:35:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Gustavo Wombat - Wed, 28 Sep 2022 02:35 UTC

Irrellius Spamticon <Ob1kenoby@att.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 7:15:10 PM UTC-5, Zobovor wrote:
>> On Tuesday, September 27, 2022 at 4:56:15 PM UTC-6, Ob1k...@att.net wrote:
>>
>>> So I had another Transformers dream, this time it was toys celebrating 30 years of G2
>> The Predacons would have been great during G2. Somebody to fight the
>> Dinobots, you know? And the toys could only have been improved with
>> missile launchers and stickers with their names all over their bodies.
>>

> I'm surprised they haven't done any Predaking recolors ever, they did the
> engineering and never reused them,

Since the original Predacons were brightly colored, I can only assume that
a G2 set would have either been either a drab military color scheme or so
bright they would burn your eyes out. I would have enjoyed either.

Re: Another Transformers dream, G2 this time

<4043a11d-12cf-4df9-b921-527d99dc8058n@googlegroups.com>

 copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/interests/article-flat.php?id=6897&group=alt.toys.transformers#6897

Newsgroups: alt.toys.transformers
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 22:03:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: joe.bard...@gmail.com (Joseph Bardsley)
 by: Joseph Bardsley - Thu, 29 Sep 2022 05:03 UTC

This was a really cool (and appropriately-G2 vivid) dream. :)

JB