From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: "Bitten" (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 15:51:41 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 21:51 UTC

"Bitten" (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0452286034/

Book number one of a thirteen book urban fantasy series plus many short
stories. I reread the well printed and well bound MMPB published by
Plume in 2004 that I bought used from Amazon. I have read all the other
books in the series, I might reread a couple of them also. If the
author creates any new books in the series, I plan to purchase and read
them.

Elena Michaels is the only living werewolf on the planet. She was not
born a werewolf but was bitten by werewolf. And she lives in Toronto,
away from the pack in the USA, as a newspaper columnist. She is tired
of the werewolf games and tracking down and executing all of the
werewolf mutts. But, the mutts have joined together and are wanting to
get rid of the pack.

The book was turned into a two season tv series on the syfy channel.
https://www.amazon.com/Summons/dp/B00HNZHTPE/

The author has a website at:
http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/

My rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Amazon rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (1,527 reviews)

Lynn

Re: "Bitten" (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong

<j7t7oqFpm0hU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=69590&group=rec.arts.sf.written#69590

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: "Bitten" (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong
Date: 25 Feb 2022 23:41:14 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Fri, 25 Feb 2022 23:41 UTC

In article <svbj1g$7al$1@dont-email.me>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>"Bitten" (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0452286034/
>
>Book number one of a thirteen book urban fantasy series plus many short
>stories. I reread the well printed and well bound MMPB published by
>Plume in 2004 that I bought used from Amazon. I have read all the other
>books in the series, I might reread a couple of them also. If the
>author creates any new books in the series, I plan to purchase and read
>them.
>
>Elena Michaels is the only living werewolf on the planet. She was not
>born a werewolf but was bitten by werewolf. And she lives in Toronto,
>away from the pack in the USA, as a newspaper columnist. She is tired
>of the werewolf games and tracking down and executing all of the
>werewolf mutts. But, the mutts have joined together and are wanting to
>get rid of the pack.

I'm not sure I understand the setup here. Are the other werewolves
vampires or otherwise undead?
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: "Bitten" (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong

<f2b2c419-bb94-4bab-9b60-ed41e2d4b29en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=69594&group=rec.arts.sf.written#69594

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 18:41:33 -0800 (PST)
From: rja.carn...@excite.com (Robert Carnegie)
 by: Robert Carnegie - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 02:41 UTC

On Friday, 25 February 2022 at 23:41:20 UTC, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <svbj1g$7al$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >"Bitten" (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong
> > https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0452286034/
> >
> >Book number one of a thirteen book urban fantasy series plus many short
> >stories. I reread the well printed and well bound MMPB published by
> >Plume in 2004 that I bought used from Amazon. I have read all the other
> >books in the series, I might reread a couple of them also. If the
> >author creates any new books in the series, I plan to purchase and read
> >them.
> >
> >Elena Michaels is the only living werewolf on the planet. She was not
> >born a werewolf but was bitten by werewolf. And she lives in Toronto,
> >away from the pack in the USA, as a newspaper columnist. She is tired
> >of the werewolf games and tracking down and executing all of the
> >werewolf mutts. But, the mutts have joined together and are wanting to
> >get rid of the pack.
> >
> I'm not sure I understand the setup here. Are the other werewolves
> vampires or otherwise undead?

<https://jamesdavisnicoll.com/review/deep-in-the-forest-where-nobody-goes>
says that she's the only /female/ werewolf. And that James
disliked the book in 2017 for several reasons and that is one
of them.

Re: "Bitten" (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong

<svcbum$1u06$1@gioia.aioe.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=69595&group=rec.arts.sf.written#69595

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 22:56:53 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 04:56 UTC

On 2/25/2022 5:41 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <svbj1g$7al$1@dont-email.me>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "Bitten" (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong
>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0452286034/
>>
>> Book number one of a thirteen book urban fantasy series plus many short
>> stories. I reread the well printed and well bound MMPB published by
>> Plume in 2004 that I bought used from Amazon. I have read all the other
>> books in the series, I might reread a couple of them also. If the
>> author creates any new books in the series, I plan to purchase and read
>> them.
>>
>> Elena Michaels is the only living werewolf on the planet. She was not
>> born a werewolf but was bitten by werewolf. And she lives in Toronto,
>> away from the pack in the USA, as a newspaper columnist. She is tired
>> of the werewolf games and tracking down and executing all of the
>> werewolf mutts. But, the mutts have joined together and are wanting to
>> get rid of the pack.
>>

> I'm not sure I understand the setup here. Are the other werewolves
> vampires or otherwise undead?

Argh ! The only living FEMALE werewolf on the planet !

Lynn

Re: "Bitten" (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong

<j7tt2gFtfsuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=69596&group=rec.arts.sf.written#69596

From: ...@ednolan (ted@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: 26 Feb 2022 05:44:48 GMT
 by: ted@loft.tnolan.com - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 05:44 UTC

In article <svcbum$1u06$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 2/25/2022 5:41 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
>> In article <svbj1g$7al$1@dont-email.me>,
>> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> "Bitten" (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong
>>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0452286034/
>>>
>>> Book number one of a thirteen book urban fantasy series plus many short
>>> stories. I reread the well printed and well bound MMPB published by
>>> Plume in 2004 that I bought used from Amazon. I have read all the other
>>> books in the series, I might reread a couple of them also. If the
>>> author creates any new books in the series, I plan to purchase and read
>>> them.
>>>
>>> Elena Michaels is the only living werewolf on the planet. She was not
>>> born a werewolf but was bitten by werewolf. And she lives in Toronto,
>>> away from the pack in the USA, as a newspaper columnist. She is tired
>>> of the werewolf games and tracking down and executing all of the
>>> werewolf mutts. But, the mutts have joined together and are wanting to
>>> get rid of the pack.
>>>

>> I'm not sure I understand the setup here. Are the other werewolves
>> vampires or otherwise undead?
>
>Argh ! The only living FEMALE werewolf on the planet !
>
>Lynn

AH! More better.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Re: "Bitten" (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong

<svchrk$pri$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=69601&group=rec.arts.sf.written#69601

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 00:37:39 -0600
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 06:37 UTC

On 2/25/2022 11:44 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> In article <svcbum$1u06$1@gioia.aioe.org>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 2/25/2022 5:41 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:

>>> I'm not sure I understand the setup here. Are the other werewolves
>>> vampires or otherwise undead?
>>
>> Argh ! The only living FEMALE werewolf on the planet !
>>
>> Lynn
>
> AH! More better.

There are not that many male werewolves on the planet either. Many do
not survive the transition. And when they do, most of them are
predators of people so the pack werewolves put them down.

Lynn

Re: "Bitten" (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong

<38d95469-4269-41a0-9a86-723fb0a8f6e1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=69606&group=rec.arts.sf.written#69606

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 01:04:13 -0800 (PST)
From: rja.carn...@excite.com (Robert Carnegie)
 by: Robert Carnegie - Sat, 26 Feb 2022 09:04 UTC

On Saturday, 26 February 2022 at 06:37:44 UTC, Lynn McGuire wrote:
> On 2/25/2022 11:44 PM, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:
> > In article <svcbum$1u06$1...@gioia.aioe.org>,
> > Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Argh ! The only living FEMALE werewolf on the planet !
> >>
> >> Lynn
> >
> > AH! More better.
> There are not that many male werewolves on the planet either. Many do
> not survive the transition. And when they do, most of them are
> predators of people so the pack werewolves put them down.

So the first law for werewolves is to finish your dinner?