What you don't know can hurt you, only you won't know it.

arts / alt.history.what-if / Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

SubjectAuthor
* In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to sWolfBear
+* Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are weDimensional Traveler
|+* Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are weWolfBear
||`* Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are weDimensional Traveler
|| `- Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are weWolfBear
|`- Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going The Horny Goat
`* Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going pyotr filipivich
 +* Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are weWolfBear
 |+- Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going pyotr filipivich
 |`- Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going SolomonW
 `- Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are weRich Rostrom

1
In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

<ad72d56e-d6fe-495a-8b1e-8168ccb4d4abn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6689&group=alt.history.what-if#6689

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 12:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 19:37 UTC

In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

<sdf814$335$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6692&group=alt.history.what-if#6692

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Subject: Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 13:15:34 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 20:15 UTC

On 7/23/2021 12:37 PM, WolfBear wrote:
> In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

Depends on how you get a Russian victory in WW1. Does the Czar being
smart enough to sit the fiasco out count?

--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.

Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

<72dmfgds4qn1frnk5h6mc7v3h6cbupc7t6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6693&group=alt.history.what-if#6693

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!paganini.bofh.team!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!feeder1.feed.usenet.farm!feed.usenet.farm!news-out.netnews.com!news.alt.net!fdc3.netnews.com!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!border1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!buffer1.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!buffer2.nntp.dca1.giganews.com!nntp.earthlink.com!news.earthlink.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: pha...@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 14:33:41 -0700
 by: pyotr filipivich - Fri, 23 Jul 2021 21:33 UTC

WolfBear <m4josh@gmail.com> on Fri, 23 Jul 2021 12:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
typed in alt.history.what-if the following:
>In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

No.

"Diaspora" is when you are forced out of the homeland.

Ethnic Russians moving around the Empire are not "diaspora."
--
pyotr filipivich
"History rarely repeats herself" is the cliche. In reality she just

Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

<9a747fc0-9224-44ca-8e8b-30717b20eed1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6695&group=alt.history.what-if#6695

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 18:43:56 -0700 (PDT)
subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 01:43 UTC

On Friday, July 23, 2021 at 2:33:45 PM UTC-7, pyotr filipivich wrote:
> WolfBear <m4j...@gmail.com> on Fri, 23 Jul 2021 12:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
> typed in alt.history.what-if the following:
> >In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?
> No.
>
> "Diaspora" is when you are forced out of the homeland.
>
> Ethnic Russians moving around the Empire are not "diaspora."
> --
> pyotr filipivich
> "History rarely repeats herself" is the cliche. In reality she just
> lets fly with a frying pan yelling "Why weren't you listening the first time!?"

Eastern Europe != The Russian Empire.

Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

<a32cc033-2a39-4ee0-8ee6-9be9446dbc35n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6696&group=alt.history.what-if#6696

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 18:44:09 -0700 (PDT)
subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 01:44 UTC

On Friday, July 23, 2021 at 1:15:33 PM UTC-7, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 7/23/2021 12:37 PM, WolfBear wrote:
> > In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?
> >
> Depends on how you get a Russian victory in WW1. Does the Czar being
> smart enough to sit the fiasco out count?
>
> --
> Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
> Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.

Sure, why not?

Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

<sdftsr$rvb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6697&group=alt.history.what-if#6697

From: dtra...@sonic.net (Dimensional Traveler)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 19:28:44 -0700
 by: Dimensional Traveler - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 02:28 UTC

On 7/23/2021 6:44 PM, WolfBear wrote:
> On Friday, July 23, 2021 at 1:15:33 PM UTC-7, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
>> On 7/23/2021 12:37 PM, WolfBear wrote:
>>> In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?
>>>
>> Depends on how you get a Russian victory in WW1. Does the Czar being
>> smart enough to sit the fiasco out count?
>>

> Sure, why not?

In which case you may not HAVE a WW1. It was Russia backing the Serbs
against the Austro-Hungarians that started the escalations and
mobilizations that lead to WW1. So the question becomes, what do the
Serbs do when AH makes demands and Russia won't protect them?

--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.

Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

<45c32d44-8834-40f7-bd03-aaa0e8e58b03n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6700&group=alt.history.what-if#6700

Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 19:33:49 -0700 (PDT)
subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?
From: m4j...@gmail.com (WolfBear)
 by: WolfBear - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 02:33 UTC

On Friday, July 23, 2021 at 7:28:45 PM UTC-7, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> On 7/23/2021 6:44 PM, WolfBear wrote:
> >>>
> >> Depends on how you get a Russian victory in WW1. Does the Czar being
> >> smart enough to sit the fiasco out count?
> >>

> > Sure, why not?
> >
> In which case you may not HAVE a WW1. It was Russia backing the Serbs
> against the Austro-Hungarians that started the escalations and
> mobilizations that lead to WW1. So the question becomes, what do the
> Serbs do when AH makes demands and Russia won't protect them?
> --
> Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
> Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.

Capitulate?

Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

<438nfgtluhi66k5h8jad0dm1elu43sovm9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6701&group=alt.history.what-if#6701

From: pha...@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 22:12:48 -0700
 by: pyotr filipivich - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 05:12 UTC

WolfBear <m4josh@gmail.com> on Fri, 23 Jul 2021 18:43:56 -0700 (PDT)
typed in alt.history.what-if the following:
>On Friday, July 23, 2021 at 2:33:45 PM UTC-7, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>> WolfBear <m4j...@gmail.com> on Fri, 23 Jul 2021 12:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
>> typed in alt.history.what-if the following:
>> >In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?
>> No.
>>
>> "Diaspora" is when you are forced out of the homeland.
>>
>> Ethnic Russians moving around the Empire are not "diaspora."
>> --
>> pyotr filipivich
>> "History rarely repeats herself" is the cliche. In reality she just
>> lets fly with a frying pan yelling "Why weren't you listening the first time!?"
>
>Eastern Europe != The Russian Empire.

Russia Victorious, eastern Europe will be in The Empire.

But first, what do you mean by "eastern Europe" in 1914?
--
pyotr filipivich
"History rarely repeats herself" is the cliche. In reality she just
lets fly with a frying pan yelling "Why weren't you listening the first time!?"

Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

<on1bylvamd2k$.vkv000lkjab.dlg@40tude.net>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6703&group=alt.history.what-if#6703

From: Solom...@citi.com (SolomonW)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 17:50:20 +1000
 by: SolomonW - Sat, 24 Jul 2021 07:50 UTC

On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 18:43:56 -0700 (PDT), WolfBear wrote:

> On Friday, July 23, 2021 at 2:33:45 PM UTC-7, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>> WolfBear <m4j...@gmail.com> on Fri, 23 Jul 2021 12:37:15 -0700 (PDT)
>> typed in alt.history.what-if the following:
>>>In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?
>> No.
>>
>> "Diaspora" is when you are forced out of the homeland.
>>
>> Ethnic Russians moving around the Empire are not "diaspora."
>> --
>> pyotr filipivich
>> "History rarely repeats herself" is the cliche. In reality she just
>> lets fly with a frying pan yelling "Why weren't you listening the first time!?"
>
> Eastern Europe != The Russian Empire.

If no A-H, a weakened Germany and Turkey, what is to stop Russian
influence?

Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

<sdj3vm$nol$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6707&group=alt.history.what-if#6707

From: rrost...@comcast.net (Rich Rostrom)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 02:31:00 -0500
 by: Rich Rostrom - Sun, 25 Jul 2021 07:31 UTC

> "Diaspora" is when you are forced out of the homeland.

Not at all.

"Diaspora" is used to refer to any emigrant population which
continues to identify with the homeland or ethnicity. There
is today an Indian diaspora.

It includes recent Indian migrants in the US, Canada, and Europe,
but also the long-established Indian communities in the West
Indies, South Africa, Malaysia, and Singapore.

There is a very widespread Filipino diaspora - in the US, Hong
Kong, and Europe. (We had a live-in Filipino caregiver for my
mother, who was from Cebu, and had lived and worked in Chicago,
New York, Singapore, and Germany.)

There is a British West Indian diaspora in the US, Canada, and
Britain.

None of these were "forced out".
--
Nous sommes dans une pot de chambre, et nous y serons emmerdés.
--- General Auguste-Alexandre Ducrot at Sedan, 1870.

Re: In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?

<upr1ggpbpqnko88q7mou59jgff6n0knb58@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=6992&group=alt.history.what-if#6992

From: lcra...@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.history.what-if
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2021 01:50:56 -0800
 by: The Horny Goat - Fri, 17 Dec 2021 09:50 UTC

On Fri, 23 Jul 2021 13:15:34 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 7/23/2021 12:37 PM, WolfBear wrote:
>> In the event of a Russian victory in World War I, are we subsequently going to see the spread of a Russian diaspora throughout Eastern Europe?
>>
>Depends on how you get a Russian victory in WW1. Does the Czar being
>smart enough to sit the fiasco out count?

What do you mean? If Russia "sits out the fiasco" (which I interpret
to mean "doesn't support Serbia") then Austria crushes Serbia, German
and Russia do not enter the war and the war does not spread to western
Europe.

Because Germany's 1914 war plan unconditional DID involve an invasion
of Belgium and France and one of the reasons I have argued for years
that the OTL German war plan ENSURES any war in the Balkans becames a
2-front war and thus Versailles Article 231 (the 'war guilt clause')
was TOTALLY JUSTIFIED.

Only if Germany never guarantees to support Austria does that
guarantee never get issued - and that's (1) if Austria settles with
Serbia without war or (2) Austria crushes Serbia and Russia does not
intervene - because if Russia DOES intervene Austria will get crushed
without German support - and the evidence is that of the major powers
in 1914 everybody knew that!

Austria-Hungary simply would not risk war with Russia without full
expectation of German support and THAT means a Western front something
along the lines of OTL.