Newsgroups: alt.fan.starwars
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 20:50:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Star Wars: Episode XVI 'Rise of the Illuviar' Parts 3 & 4 - Noahide Books
From: noahideb...@gmail.com (Noahide)
 by: Noahide - Fri, 22 Jul 2022 03:50 UTC

Star Wars: Rise of the Illuviar – Part 3
'Return to your quarters,' said Zena to Mark. 'Report at the conference room when you have attended to your matters.'
Mark left. They had landed back on New Alderaan, after his training at Dagoba. He was a young Padawan, from a distinguished galactic clan. A clan which often fancied itself as natural rulers amongst the galaxies start systems.. He returned to his quarters, and placed his light saber in his locker and locked it. He sat on his bed and sighed. Another difficult adventure, were he had been put through it. Ever since Zena had taken him in he had been put through it, but he had been excessvely high in his midiclorian count taken as a child, and when Zena had met his parents and discussions taken place it seemed like the wise thing to do, so he was taken from his homeworld, and brought to New Alderaan. A young Jedi in training, a Padawan. He showered, changed his garments, and made his way to the Conference room.

'It's not as simple as that, Bennet Organa,' said Queen Neftari. 'We do not simply carry on with the campaign of war against the Empire like nothing has really changed. Much has changed.'
Mark sat down near the front of the Conference room with the Assembled Rebel guests, sitting next to Zena. He did not speak as Zena acknowledged him. Queen Neftari addressed the assembly.
'We have reached a new era in our war with the Empire. It is not one we are accustomed to, though. The Empire is strong again in the Senate on New Coruscant, but our position equals theirs for the most part. And the new parties of concern are pushing quite constantly. They represent now as if they are socially acceptable once more.'
'As if the dark side can ever be socially acceptable,' commented Bennet Organa, which received murmurs of agreement from those gathered there.
'Nevertheless,' continued Queen Neftari. 'Times have changed. And we, likewise, must change with them. It calls now more for a spirit of diplomacy than outright warfare. Nay, that is still likely to be the name of much of the game in the outer systems. The Empire does not change its strategem that much. But in the inner galaxy it is a place now of thriving commercial activity and so many of the major conglomerations and corporations disdain too much warfare which distracts from their business concerns. And I am afraid the Empire has worked that much out and formed many agreements of protection and security for such enterprises. It is a different world, were as I have said politics and diplomacy are far more important. Now more than ever.'
Queen Neftari stood quietly for a moment, preparing her words. 'Our concern, now, is where the game of thrones is at. We are at something of a stalemate in the senate. Both powers are equally matched at present time, which is where our main order of concern should be focused. We need to win the war in the Senate and gain the seats we require to regain authority. And the Empire knows this too.'
'Then what do we do?' queried Bennet Organa.
'New Corucscant has directives for us. At this time border star systems, which fall between territory of the Rebel Alliance and the Empire are in much distress. It has been grave area of concern for some time now. Constant conflicts of a lesser nature happen most days and it is time we act on the situation. We are gradually deploying more and more of our larger spacecraft and troops to these border systems in an attempt to gain the ascendancy. One system, though, the Nav Giad system, is of great concern. There are powers there, these days. A new order of Jedi. The Illuviar as they call themselves. They say they do not represent the ways of the past but a new mission for those of the Light Side of the Force. They are gaining power and influence in Nav Giad, and while one might think this welcome, they are not all that it seems. There are words amongst this group, challenging words. Harsh words. They seem at odds with their forebears. That the Jedi of old were simply not good enough. That their time has come and gone. That they are to be – replaced.'
'By the Illuviar, it would seem,' commented Bennet Organa.
'That is what they appear to represent indeed,' replied Queen Neftari. 'Zena Lucian. I want you and your Padawan to handle the Nav Giad issue directly.. You are well established with the Jedi Council. Fly to Nav Giad. Make inquiries. See just what makes this new order tick and what exactly they plan on doing about things.'
Zena nodded softly to Queen Neftari. 'We will leave at first light.'
'Very good,' replied Queen Neftar. 'My friends,' she said. 'These are difficult times. We will meet again when there is more to report.'
The queen left the room, followed by her maidens, and the room came alive with chatter.
'A new mission,' said Mark Lightkeeper.
'And the mysterious Illuviar,' said Zena, looking at him, raising an eyebrow.
'And what is that supposed to mean?' asked Mark.
'Nothing,' said Zena, and stood. 'I'll see you tomorrow. We fly out just after dawn. Don't make me come and wake you.'
'Yes Zena,' said Mark.
Zena wandered off, and Mark looked up the front of the conference room. The Illuviar had already contacted him. They had already offered him membership in their organisation. It seems as if things were now coming to a head. It seemed like Mark Lightkeeper was soon enough meeting his destiny.

Star Wars: Rise of the Illuviar Part 4
'It's mostly a desert planet,' said Zena. 'Very similar to Tatooine. Same denizens and clans abound here.'
'Fascinating,' replied Mark.
'We'll be landing at Mos Separath. There are Empire Stormtroopers present, so keep your wits about you. They have tentative agreements in place with many business tycoons on the planet, as do Rebel Alliance factors. And the Illuviar are starting to exhert themselves. Their temple is in a deserted region. We'll hire a vehicle and travel there.'
Soon enough they were given clearance by Mos Separath to land, and they gave their credentials, being passed through clearance. Two stormtroopers stood in the spaceport, and gave them a glare, but otherwise left them alone.
'Disputed territories. An uneasy alliance of powers,' said Zena.
'Obviously,' replied Mark, glancing back at the Stormtroopers. They continued through the port and out into the city.
'I fancy a drink. Do you fancy a drink young Padawan?' asked Zena.
'I'm barely of age in most worlds,' replied Mark.
'Don't worry about it,' she replied.
The came to a tavern, and entered in. It seemed like a typical tavern of such a world, alien band playing, a host of galactic races present. Mark took a seat, and Zena soon came and sat with him, pushing back her hood. There was a gasp in the tavern just then, but the noise and chatter soon resumed.
'They know who you are,' said Mark.
'Obviously,' replied Zena, grinning. 'That's our man,' said Zena, pointing to a rogue seated at the back of the tavern.
'We're meeting someone?' queried Mark.
The rogue in question was in discssions with an irate alien.
'Listen. Tell the Hutt the deal will go through just fine. I'm the best smuggler on this side of the galaxy.'
The alien grumbled, but left.
'Always dealing with Hutts,' said the man. 'Han dealt with them. Said he should have always known better, but it's a Solo thing he tells me.'
'What's a Solo thing?' asked Zena, approaching the table.
The man looked at her. 'Well, hi Jedi lady. You look quite the catch. They letting women into the Jedi these days? Times have changed.'
'A lot has changed Crash Solo. A lot has changed.'
'So it would seem,' replied Crash.
'Do you do that on purpose?' asked Zena, sitting down at the table, with Mark also sitting.
'Do what?' asked Crash.
'Han's mannerisms. I've seen a lot of Leia's tapes on him. You act just like him. Is it on purpose?'
'It's a family trait. Being the edge of the galaxy's finest.'
'So you say,' replied Zena. 'This is Mark Lightbringer. My young Padawan.'
'Nice to meet you kid,' said Crash.
'Pleasure's all mine,' replied Mark.
'So, you got the money?' queried Crash.
'You have the access to the temple we need?' asked Zena.
'I can get you in. Getting you out, that's another thing. But you're all a great brotherhood. Or is that a sisterhood these days? I'm sure you'll figure it out.'
'We wish to get in unobserved to start with. I want to look around,' said Zena.
'Won't they sense you. It's what you Jedi do,' said Crash.
'We will be shielded.'
'Whatever you say, sweetheart,' said Crash.
'You Solo's deal with Hutts?' said Zena. 'A family thing, is it?'
'They make good deals,' said Crash. 'Han once commented that half his living was off trading deals with Hutts. How the galaxy works.'
'How the lowlives work,' said Mark.
'Oh, he's all charm,' said Crash. 'The Falcon is at the spaceport. What are you waiting for?'
Zena looked around. 'Nothing,' she said.
They exited the tavern, and R2D2 had been waiting at the door, following along as they walked through the town.
'What's all the fuss being made?' asked Mark, about desert bikes starting to assemble.
'Races,' said Crash. 'They do that kind of thing in places like this.'
As they walked on they passed a funny looking alien with wings.
'I'm finished with you Watto,' shouted a lady. 'You never pay me enough.' She stormed off, leaving the alien with his space rider unmanned.
'I can fly it. I can win,' said Mark.
'We don't have time for this,' Mark,' said Zena.
'Give the kid a life,' said Crash.
Watto approached Mark. 'Ah, young Jedi. I know your type well. Race it, I'll give you 10% of the winnings.'
'50%,' said Mark.
'20%,' said Watto.
Mark looked at the rider. 'It could be fun. Sure, fine. 20% will do.'
'Excellent,' replied Watto, rubbing his hands together. 'You do look familiar, though.'
'We'll return to the ship first,' said Crash. 'Chewie will enjoy the race.'
'Chewbacca?' queried Zena.
'He got lonely when Han passed. Came my way and we sort of started running missions with the Millennium Falcon. The gold droid hanging around too. He's a lot of fun.'
'C3PO?' queried Zena.
'Something like that,' replied Crash.
R2D2 whistled a few noises.
'Come on kid. We'll be back shortly. Business to take care of.'
Mark looked at the rider. This could be fun.

Click here to read the complete article