Newsgroups: rec.arts.poems
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 00:04:12 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Errors of black people and feminists
From: ibsham...@gmail.com (Ilya Shambat)
 by: Ilya Shambat - Fri, 17 Feb 2023 08:04 UTC

The mistake I have seen a lot of black people – as well as feminists - make is that they keep attacking the wrong people.

Many black people bear ill will toward white people. So they attack white people nearest them – the white liberals in the city who support the black people’s cause. They attack white people who bear them no ill will; so they then end up having to deal with people who actually do bear them ill will.

More people need to know not to cry wolf. When you call someone a racist or a misogynist who isn’t, that discredits you when you have to deal with a real racist or a real misogynist. Of these there are plenty, and I’ve had to deal with both. They aren’t nice people at all. Because they are racists and misogynists, they don’t care if you call them such things; they believe that being such things is the way to go. Whereas the people who do care if you call them such things are neither racists nor misogynists.

What we see here is a form of reverse bullying. The people from supposedly disadvantaged backgrounds attack people from other backgrounds, even when these people bear them good will. They attack people who would take it, but are too chicken to take on people who hate them for real. I don’t make the same mistake. As a Jew, I’ve had to deal with antisemites. I don’t need the politically correct to protect me from them. I can do so myself. And I don’t attack German or Polish or Russian people for their ethnicity, however antisemitic their cultures happen to be.

In Australia, my ex-wife did a lot of work to fight domestic violence and get the laws changed to take it seriously. I supported her in it, and there were men howling for the blood of us both. Where were American feminists when this was happening? As usual, abusing liberal young men on college campuses. Meanwhile they had contempt for women undergoing real violence and thought that they were better than such women. They are not.

What we see here therefore very much is irresponsible indulgence. The supposedly disadvantaged attack people who bear them good will while having no guts to confront real perpetrators. Meanwhile confronting real perpetrators became the task of people such as my ex-wife. She had no help in it from American feminists. In fact, a number of American feminists treated her abominably. And these are the same people who howl racism or misogyny over all sorts of things that are not.

Most of what we see from these people therefore is worse than misguided. They abuse people who bear them good will but won’t take on the people who genuinely hate them. This is a much easier stance than it is to fight real enemies. Unfortunately it discredits them and identifies the groups for which they claim to speak with disgusting behaviour. And that doesn’t benefit either black people or women one bit.