You'll be sorry...

arts / rec.arts.sf.written / Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

SubjectAuthor
* Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update ofLynn McGuire
+* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did anAlan
|`* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grPaul S Person
| `* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grNinapenda Jibini
|  `* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grPaul S Person
|   +* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|   |`* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did anAlan
|   | `* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did anpete...@gmail.com
|   |  +- Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|   |  `* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grJ. Clarke
|   |   +- Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|   |   `* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grPaul S Person
|   |    `* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grScott Lurndal
|   |     +- Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did anAlan
|   |     `- Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grJibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
|   `* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did anLynn McGuire
|    +- Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grJ. Clarke
|    `* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did anAlan
|     `- Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did anTitus G
`* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did anChristian Weisgerber
 +* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did anMichael Dworetsky
> [...]
 |   ||  | |  `* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grPaul S Person
 |   ||  | |   `- Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grThe Horny Goat
 |   ||  | `- Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grRobert Woodward
 |   ||  `- Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grPaul S Person
 |   |`* Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did anWilliam Hyde
 |   | `- Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grRobert Woodward
 |   +- Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grScott Lurndal
 |   `- Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his grJ. Clarke
 `- Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did anThomas Koenig

Pages:123
Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<t15aho$fka$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70723&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70723

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of
his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 14:22:32 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 19:22 UTC

From David Weber on Facebook:

In 2022, Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an
update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's
travels. In it, Capt Lemuel Gulliver travels five hundred years into the
future and explores the landscape of the European continent he could not
have imagined. However, when he visited Ukraine, he did find one thing
that hadn't changed a great deal, and that was that Ukraine was still
infested by a small-minded, vicious creature with delusions of grandeur
name Vladimir and his army of LilliPutins.

Lynn

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<t15ark$gos$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70724&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70724

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an
update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 12:27:48 -0700
 by: Alan - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 19:27 UTC

On 2022-03-19 12:22 p.m., Lynn McGuire wrote:
> From David Weber on Facebook:
>
> In 2022, Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an
> update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's
> travels. In it, Capt Lemuel Gulliver travels five hundred years into the
> future and explores the landscape of the European continent he could not
> have imagined. However, when he visited Ukraine, he did find one thing
> that hadn't changed a great deal, and that was that Ukraine was still
> infested by a small-minded, vicious creature with delusions of grandeur
> name Vladimir and his army of LilliPutins.
>
> Lynn

Too late to disassociate yourself from all your right-wing, Republican
traitors, Lynn.

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<slrnt3cjko.83n.naddy@lorvorc.mips.inka.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70746&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70746

From: nad...@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 21:43:52 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Christian Weisgerber - Sat, 19 Mar 2022 21:43 UTC

On 2022-03-19, Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:

> From David Weber on Facebook:
>
> However, when he visited Ukraine, he did find one thing
> that hadn't changed a great deal, and that was that Ukraine was still
> infested by a small-minded, vicious creature with delusions of grandeur
> name Vladimir and his army of LilliPutins.

I'm confused. Is he talking about Vladimir Zelensky or Vladimir
Putin?

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy@mips.inka.de

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<mYKdnco0F5hpdKv_nZ2dnUU7-ImdnZ2d@supernews.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70773&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70773

Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 08:46:44 +0000
update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: platinum...@btinternet.com (Michael Dworetsky)
 by: Michael Dworetsky - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 08:46 UTC

On 19/03/2022 21:43, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> On 2022-03-19, Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> From David Weber on Facebook:
>>
>> However, when he visited Ukraine, he did find one thing
>> that hadn't changed a great deal, and that was that Ukraine was still
>> infested by a small-minded, vicious creature with delusions of grandeur
>> name Vladimir and his army of LilliPutins.
>
> I'm confused. Is he talking about Vladimir Zelensky or Vladimir
> Putin?

Isn't it Volodimir Zelensky? Something like that in Ukrainian. So
Putin, that slimeball.

--
Mike Dworetsky

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<nlje3hl7quura9b2h2387ova32o4ctbgn4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70785&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70785

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Subject: Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 09:00:34 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 16:00 UTC

On Sat, 19 Mar 2022 12:27:48 -0700, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com> wrote:

>On 2022-03-19 12:22 p.m., Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> From David Weber on Facebook:
>>
>> In 2022, Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an
>> update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's
>> travels. In it, Capt Lemuel Gulliver travels five hundred years into the
>> future and explores the landscape of the European continent he could not
>> have imagined. However, when he visited Ukraine, he did find one thing
>> that hadn't changed a great deal, and that was that Ukraine was still
>> infested by a small-minded, vicious creature with delusions of grandeur
>> name Vladimir and his army of LilliPutins.
>>
>> Lynn
>
>Too late to disassociate yourself from all your right-wing, Republican
>traitors, Lynn.

Doonesbury has a quote today from a Russian official which basically
shows that /anybody/ denigrating the "liberal media" and/or trumpeting
Fox as "the only unbiased news source" is, in fact, spreading Russian
propaganda.

So those Trump Talking Points of the last several years were, it turns
out, really /Putin/ Talking Points. And a fair amoung of the alt-right
is probably owned by Putin as well.

I revive a question I last asked, elsewhere, in 2018, when the Dems
retook the House:

how soon will HUAC be re-created?

for we surely need it to weed out the Russian propaganda influences.

This time, publicity should be the main weapon, not blacklisting. Like
cockroaches, if a light is shined on them, they will disappear on
their own.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<XnsAE606C7774FE2taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70794&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70794

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Ninapenda Jibini)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 17:39:45 GMT
 by: Ninapenda Jibini - Sun, 20 Mar 2022 17:39 UTC

Paul S Person <psperson1@ix.netcom.invalid> wrote in

> On Sat, 19 Mar 2022 12:27:48 -0700, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On 2022-03-19 12:22 p.m., Lynn McGuire wrote:
>>> From David Weber on Facebook:
>>>
>>> In 2022, Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson
>>> did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century
>>> classic, Gulliver's travels. In it, Capt Lemuel Gulliver
>>> travels five hundred years into the future and explores the
>>> landscape of the European continent he could not have
>>> imagined. However, when he visited Ukraine, he did find one
>>> thing that hadn't changed a great deal, and that was that
>>> Ukraine was still infested by a small-minded, vicious creature
>>> with delusions of grandeur name Vladimir and his army of
>>> LilliPutins.
>>>
>>> Lynn
>>
>>Too late to disassociate yourself from all your right-wing,
>>Republican traitors, Lynn.
>
> Doonesbury has a quote today from a Russian official which
> basically shows that /anybody/ denigrating the "liberal media"
> and/or trumpeting Fox as "the only unbiased news source" is, in
> fact, spreading Russian propaganda.

And nameless Russian officials are, of course, the most credible
source of information in all of human history, beyond any possible
doubt or criticism.

Fucking moron.

> So those Trump Talking Points of the last several years were, it
> turns out, really /Putin/ Talking Points. And a fair amoung of
> the alt-right is probably owned by Putin as well.
>
> I revive a question I last asked, elsewhere, in 2018, when the
> Dems retook the House:
>
> how soon will HUAC be re-created?

Given that the Democrats control both houses of Congress, and are
*very* likely to lose both come November, I'd guess sometime in
October.

> for we surely need it to weed out the Russian propaganda
> influences.

Typical of the traitorous, fascist left. You *can't* defend your
fascist rhetoric in any way other than to silence those who tell
the truth by any means necessary.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<al6h3h1pa4al6c7ml1q9oe3g41csc6k0fc@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70847&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70847

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 08:38:19 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 15:38 UTC

On Sun, 20 Mar 2022 17:39:45 GMT, Ninapenda Jibini
<taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:

>Paul S Person <psperson1@ix.netcom.invalid> wrote in
>
>> On Sat, 19 Mar 2022 12:27:48 -0700, Alan <nuh-uh@nope.com>
>> wrote:

>>>Too late to disassociate yourself from all your right-wing,
>>>Republican traitors, Lynn.
>>
>> Doonesbury has a quote today from a Russian official which
>> basically shows that /anybody/ denigrating the "liberal media"
>> and/or trumpeting Fox as "the only unbiased news source" is, in
>> fact, spreading Russian propaganda.
>
>And nameless Russian officials are, of course, the most credible
>source of information in all of human history, beyond any possible
>doubt or criticism.

Who said he was nameless? Find the Doonesbury quote if you want the
name.

And, BTW, a high Russian official is in the /best/ position to know
this stuff. Having been encouraging it and orchestrating it for years.

>Fucking moron.

Nice to see you developing some self-awareness.

>> So those Trump Talking Points of the last several years were, it
>> turns out, really /Putin/ Talking Points. And a fair amoung of
>> the alt-right is probably owned by Putin as well.
>>
>> I revive a question I last asked, elsewhere, in 2018, when the
>> Dems retook the House:
>>
>> how soon will HUAC be re-created?
>
>Given that the Democrats control both houses of Congress, and are
>*very* likely to lose both come November, I'd guess sometime in
>October.

Not if Republicans who keep supporting Putin are not disciplined by
their own Party. By November, the Republican Party may well be known
as the Party of Putin, who can say?
>> for we surely need it to weed out the Russian propaganda
>> influences.
>
>Typical of the traitorous, fascist left. You *can't* defend your
>fascist rhetoric in any way other than to silence those who tell
>the truth by any means necessary.

It isn't "truth". It is Russian Propaganda, spread by the Republican
Party, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mother Russia.

And all the Republican Party has to do to prove me wrong is ... stop
pushing the Russian line, starting with dumping Trump. And his base.
And the alt-right.

And, finally, all I am proposing is exposing these Russian agents to
the light of day. No punishment, just identification.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<XnsAE616624FC508taustingmail@85.12.62.245>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70857&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70857

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 10:02:28 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 17:02 UTC

> On Sun, 20 Mar 2022 17:39:45 GMT, Ninapenda Jibini
> <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Paul S Person <psperson1@ix.netcom.invalid> wrote in

>>> Doonesbury has a quote today from a Russian official which
>>> basically shows that /anybody/ denigrating the "liberal media"
>>> and/or trumpeting Fox as "the only unbiased news source" is,
>>> in fact, spreading Russian propaganda.
>>
>>And nameless Russian officials are, of course, the most credible
>>source of information in all of human history, beyond any
>>possible doubt or criticism.
>
> Who said he was nameless? Find the Doonesbury quote if you want
> the name.

Which is do exactly nothing whatsoever to increase the credibility
of the statement.

> And, BTW, a high Russian official is in the /best/ position to
> know this stuff. Having been encouraging it and orchestrating it
> for years.

And in the best position to spew propaganda about it, having spent
years financing anything that would tend to cause internal dissent
in their enemies. Most of they *can't* tell the truth, because they
can't identify it.

>>Fucking moron.
>
> Nice to see you developing some self-awareness.

Quoting Pee Wee Herman is my trademark. By imitating me, you're
publicly declaring how much you admire me.

>>> So those Trump Talking Points of the last several years were,
>>> it turns out, really /Putin/ Talking Points. And a fair amoung
>>> of the alt-right is probably owned by Putin as well.
>>>
>>> I revive a question I last asked, elsewhere, in 2018, when the
>>> Dems retook the House:
>>>
>>> how soon will HUAC be re-created?
>>
>>Given that the Democrats control both houses of Congress, and
>>are *very* likely to lose both come November, I'd guess sometime
>>in October.
>
> Not if Republicans who keep supporting Putin

Which they are not. The lie that they are is part of the plan to
control the next election.

> are not disciplined
> by their own Party. By November, the Republican Party may well
> be known as the Party of Putin, who can say?

NPR (National Propagana Radio) this morning had a piece about the
giant conspiracy on the part of Republicans to recruit people
monitor future elections, and how they - the Democrats - need to
restrict access to monitoring, lest the vote count actually
reflects the vots people intend to cast.

If they'd just said out loud "We're going to state a coup and
institute a fascist junta," it wouldn't have been more plain.

>>> for we surely need it to weed out the Russian propaganda
>>> influences.
>>
>>Typical of the traitorous, fascist left. You *can't* defend your
>>fascist rhetoric in any way other than to silence those who tell
>>the truth by any means necessary.
>
> It isn't "truth". It is Russian Propaganda, spread by the
> Republican Party, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mother Russia.

Google that propaganda down, like the good little sheep you are.

> And all the Republican Party has to do to prove me wrong is ...
> stop pushing the Russian line, starting with dumping Trump. And
> his base. And the alt-right.

Which they aren't doing outside of your insane fantasies induced by
fascist propaganda from the Democrats.

> And, finally, all I am proposing is exposing these Russian
> agents to the light of day. No punishment, just identification.

Like the way Hillary Clinton ran an insecure mail server with who
knows how many hundreds of classified emails going through it? That
was *known* to be compromised by multiple foreign governments,
including Russia?

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<t1abk3$4l1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70861&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70861

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 10:11:31 -0700
 by: Alan - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 17:11 UTC

On 2022-03-21 10:02 a.m., Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
> Paul S Person <psperson1@ix.netcom.invalid> wrote in
>
>> On Sun, 20 Mar 2022 17:39:45 GMT, Ninapenda Jibini
>> <taustinca@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Paul S Person <psperson1@ix.netcom.invalid> wrote in

>>> And nameless Russian officials are, of course, the most credible
>>> source of information in all of human history, beyond any
>>> possible doubt or criticism.
>>
>> Who said he was nameless? Find the Doonesbury quote if you want
>> the name.
>
> Which is do exactly nothing whatsoever to increase the credibility
> of the statement.

"Which is do", Terry?

>> And, BTW, a high Russian official is in the /best/ position to
>> know this stuff. Having been encouraging it and orchestrating it
>> for years.
>
> And in the best position to spew propaganda about it, having spent
> years financing anything that would tend to cause internal dissent
> in their enemies. Most of they *can't* tell the truth, because they
> can't identify it.

Anything you disagree with can't be the truth, right?

>>> Fucking moron.
>>
>> Nice to see you developing some self-awareness.
>
> Quoting Pee Wee Herman is my trademark. By imitating me, you're
> publicly declaring how much you admire me.

>>> Given that the Democrats control both houses of Congress, and
>>> are *very* likely to lose both come November, I'd guess sometime
>>> in October.
>>
>> Not if Republicans who keep supporting Putin
>
> Which they are not. The lie that they are is part of the plan to
> control the next election.

They most certainly are.

>> are not disciplined
>> by their own Party. By November, the Republican Party may well
>> be known as the Party of Putin, who can say?
>
> NPR (National Propagana Radio) this morning had a piece about the
> giant conspiracy on the part of Republicans to recruit people
> monitor future elections, and how they - the Democrats - need to
> restrict access to monitoring, lest the vote count actually
> reflects the vots people intend to cast.

I piece you will never cite...

> If they'd just said out loud "We're going to state a coup and
> institute a fascist junta," it wouldn't have been more plain.

....to a schizophrenic who hears voices perhaps.

>>> Typical of the traitorous, fascist left. You *can't* defend your
>>> fascist rhetoric in any way other than to silence those who tell
>>> the truth by any means necessary.
>>
>> It isn't "truth". It is Russian Propaganda, spread by the
>> Republican Party, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mother Russia.
>
> Google that propaganda down, like the good little sheep you are.

LOL

>> And all the Republican Party has to do to prove me wrong is ...
>> stop pushing the Russian line, starting with dumping Trump. And
>> his base. And the alt-right.
>
> Which they aren't doing outside of your insane fantasies induced by
> fascist propaganda from the Democrats.
>>
>> And, finally, all I am proposing is exposing these Russian
>> agents to the light of day. No punishment, just identification.
>
> Like the way Hillary Clinton ran an insecure mail server with who
> knows how many hundreds of classified emails going through it? That
> was *known* to be compromised by multiple foreign governments,
> including Russia?

Like the way Republican officials had before her?

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<54413b3d-69a3-4d0d-9cb6-b66637a7ab08n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70864&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70864

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:39:57 -0700 (PDT)
update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels
From: petert...@gmail.com (pete...@gmail.com)
 by: pete...@gmail.com - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 19:39 UTC

On Monday, March 21, 2022 at 1:11:35 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-03-21 10:02 a.m., Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
> > Paul S Person <pspe...@ix.netcom.invalid> wrote in

> >> Who said he was nameless? Find the Doonesbury quote if you want
> >> the name.
> >
> > Which is do exactly nothing whatsoever to increase the credibility
> > of the statement.
> "Which is do", Terry?
> >>
> >> And, BTW, a high Russian official is in the /best/ position to
> >> know this stuff. Having been encouraging it and orchestrating it
> >> for years.
> >
> > And in the best position to spew propaganda about it, having spent
> > years financing anything that would tend to cause internal dissent
> > in their enemies. Most of they *can't* tell the truth, because they
> > can't identify it.
> Anything you disagree with can't be the truth, right?

I don't know why you're playing Terry's game. It isn't 'anything Terry
disagrees with'; its 'anything you say'. Terry isn't interested in, or
capable of , developing a reasoned line of argument. He just wants
to wind people up and get them to respond, regardless of side or
topic. (That, and airing his strange obsession with Alan Baker).
Once he starts flinging insults, its a good sign that he's reached the
end of his limited debating skills, and his opponent has won.

He's not incapable of doing better (he and I had a perfectly civil
discussion of Arthurian history and legend recently in another thread),
but he only does so rarely.

He will now respond....

pt

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<XnsAE618570AB0B3taustingmail@85.12.62.232>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70865&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70865

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 13:07:03 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 20:07 UTC

"pete...@gmail.com" <petertrei@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Monday, March 21, 2022 at 1:11:35 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
>> On 2022-03-21 10:02 a.m., Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
>> wrote:
>> > Paul S Person <pspe...@ix.netcom.invalid> wrote in

>> > Which is do exactly nothing whatsoever to increase the
>> > credibility of the statement.
>> "Which is do", Terry?

>> > And in the best position to spew propaganda about it, having
>> > spent years financing anything that would tend to cause
>> > internal dissent in their enemies. Most of they *can't* tell
>> > the truth, because they can't identify it.
>> Anything you disagree with can't be the truth, right?
>
> I don't know why you're playing Terry's game.

He can't stop himself.

*Can't.*

> It isn't 'anything
> Terry disagrees with'; its 'anything you say'. Terry isn't
> interested in, or capable of , developing a reasoned line of
> argument. He just wants to wind people up and get them to
> respond, regardless of side or topic. (That, and airing his
> strange obsession with Alan Baker). Once he starts flinging
> insults, its a good sign that he's reached the end of his
> limited debating skills, and his opponent has won.

And yet, here you are, talking *about* me. Because you can't stop
yourself, either.

> He's not incapable of doing better (he and I had a perfectly
> civil discussion of Arthurian history and legend recently in
> another thread), but he only does so rarely.

If you don't say something stupid, I won't response like you said
something stupid.

> He will now respond....

Gotta get that hook set deep, son. Not that it's much of a
challenge with you.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<t1amtg$e2n$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70866&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70866

From: lynnmcgu...@gmail.com (Lynn McGuire)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 15:24:08 -0500
 by: Lynn McGuire - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 20:24 UTC

On 3/21/2022 10:38 AM, Paul S Person wrote:

>> Typical of the traitorous, fascist left. You *can't* defend your
>> fascist rhetoric in any way other than to silence those who tell
>> the truth by any means necessary.
>
> It isn't "truth". It is Russian Propaganda, spread by the Republican
> Party, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mother Russia.
>
> And all the Republican Party has to do to prove me wrong is ... stop
> pushing the Russian line, starting with dumping Trump. And his base.
> And the alt-right.
>
> And, finally, all I am proposing is exposing these Russian agents to
> the light of day. No punishment, just identification.

"Dem Nightmare: What if the War Ends Before November?" by Ann Coulter
https://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2022/03/16/dem-nightmare-what-if-the-war-ends-before-november-n2604665

"Democrats flung open the border to illegal alien murderers, drug
dealers, gang members and welfare recipients."
"Democratic district attorneys have turned city after city into
feces-smeared murdertopias that make Charles Bronson's "Death Wish" look
like "The Sound of Music.""
"These days, the left's main casus belli is teaching little kids about
anal sex, transgenders and the inherent evil of white people."

Ann Coulter always sees the good in people.

Lynn

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<bjph3hds2lnq0gob7beb9psrr82j0bbtv7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70869&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70869

From: jclarke....@gmail.com (J. Clarke)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 16:56:45 -0400
 by: J. Clarke - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 20:56 UTC

On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:39:57 -0700 (PDT), "pete...@gmail.com"
<petertrei@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Monday, March 21, 2022 at 1:11:35 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:
>> On 2022-03-21 10:02 a.m., Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
>> > Paul S Person <pspe...@ix.netcom.invalid> wrote in

>> > Which is do exactly nothing whatsoever to increase the credibility
>> > of the statement.
>> "Which is do", Terry?

>> > And in the best position to spew propaganda about it, having spent
>> > years financing anything that would tend to cause internal dissent
>> > in their enemies. Most of they *can't* tell the truth, because they
>> > can't identify it.
>> Anything you disagree with can't be the truth, right?
>
>I don't know why you're playing Terry's game. It isn't 'anything Terry
>disagrees with'; its 'anything you say'. Terry isn't interested in, or
>capable of , developing a reasoned line of argument. He just wants
>to wind people up and get them to respond, regardless of side or
>topic. (That, and airing his strange obsession with Alan Baker).
>Once he starts flinging insults, its a good sign that he's reached the
>end of his limited debating skills, and his opponent has won.
>
>He's not incapable of doing better (he and I had a perfectly civil
>discussion of Arthurian history and legend recently in another thread),
>but he only does so rarely.
>
>He will now respond....

He can't be like that in person. Someone would have shot him by now.

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<4lph3hdujso5gp14rq2im6i30do67cjne8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70870&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70870

From: jclarke....@gmail.com (J. Clarke)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 17:06:06 -0400
 by: J. Clarke - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 21:06 UTC

On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 15:24:08 -0500, Lynn McGuire
<lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 3/21/2022 10:38 AM, Paul S Person wrote:
>
>>> Typical of the traitorous, fascist left. You *can't* defend your
>>> fascist rhetoric in any way other than to silence those who tell
>>> the truth by any means necessary.
>>
>> It isn't "truth". It is Russian Propaganda, spread by the Republican
>> Party, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mother Russia.
>>
>> And all the Republican Party has to do to prove me wrong is ... stop
>> pushing the Russian line, starting with dumping Trump. And his base.
>> And the alt-right.
>>
>> And, finally, all I am proposing is exposing these Russian agents to
>> the light of day. No punishment, just identification.
>
>"Dem Nightmare: What if the War Ends Before November?" by Ann Coulter
>
>https://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2022/03/16/dem-nightmare-what-if-the-war-ends-before-november-n2604665
>
>"Democrats flung open the border to illegal alien murderers, drug
>dealers, gang members and welfare recipients."
>"Democratic district attorneys have turned city after city into
>feces-smeared murdertopias that make Charles Bronson's "Death Wish" look
>like "The Sound of Music.""
>"These days, the left's main casus belli is teaching little kids about
>anal sex, transgenders and the inherent evil of white people."
>
>Ann Coulter always sees the good in people.

It's really rather sad. It turns out that statistically there may be
some merit to the notion that easy immigration leads to low wages.
Apparently at least some of the rise in wages in the wake of COVID
results from restricted immigration. And sorry, I can't find the
source right now, but it was a site linked by my employer, which is
about as blue and woke as a company can get (rated one of the Best
Places to Work for LGBT for example).

That would be a much more effective way to torpedo the Democrats on
immigration.

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<XnsAE61923DAE807taustingmail@85.12.62.232>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70871&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70871

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 14:22:33 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Mon, 21 Mar 2022 21:22 UTC

J. Clarke <jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:39:57 -0700 (PDT), "pete...@gmail.com"
> <petertrei@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Monday, March 21, 2022 at 1:11:35 PM UTC-4, Alan wrote:

>>> "Which is do", Terry?

>>> Anything you disagree with can't be the truth, right?
>>
>>I don't know why you're playing Terry's game. It isn't 'anything
>>Terry disagrees with'; its 'anything you say'. Terry isn't
>>interested in, or capable of , developing a reasoned line of
>>argument. He just wants to wind people up and get them to
>>respond, regardless of side or topic. (That, and airing his
>>strange obsession with Alan Baker). Once he starts flinging
>>insults, its a good sign that he's reached the end of his
>>limited debating skills, and his opponent has won.
>>
>>He's not incapable of doing better (he and I had a perfectly
>>civil discussion of Arthurian history and legend recently in
>>another thread), but he only does so rarely.
>>
>>He will now respond....
>
> He can't be like that in person. Someone would have shot him by
> now.

More violent revenge fantasies from the fascist left. Y'all really
can't help youselves, can you?

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<t1bcvv$lre$4@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70878&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70878

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 19:41:00 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 02:41 UTC

On 2022-03-21 1:24 p.m., Lynn McGuire wrote:
> On 3/21/2022 10:38 AM, Paul S Person wrote:
>
>>> Typical of the traitorous, fascist left. You *can't* defend your
>>> fascist rhetoric in any way other than to silence those who tell
>>> the truth by any means necessary.
>>
>> It isn't "truth". It is Russian Propaganda, spread by the Republican
>> Party, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mother Russia.
>>
>> And all the Republican Party has to do to prove me wrong is ... stop
>> pushing the Russian line, starting with dumping Trump. And his base.
>> And the alt-right.
>>
>> And, finally, all I am proposing is exposing these Russian agents to
>> the light of day. No punishment, just identification.
>
> "Dem Nightmare: What if the War Ends Before November?" by Ann Coulter
>
> https://townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/2022/03/16/dem-nightmare-what-if-the-war-ends-before-november-n2604665
>

> "Democrats flung open the border to illegal alien murderers, drug
> dealers, gang members and welfare recipients."

Really?

They did?

With what change to laws and/or regulations?

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<t1beok$v9v$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70879&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70879

From: noo...@nowhere.com (Titus G)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 16:11:12 +1300
 by: Titus G - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 03:11 UTC

On 22/03/22 15:41, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-03-21 1:24 p.m., Lynn McGuire wrote:
snippage
>> "Democrats flung open the border to illegal alien murderers, drug
>> dealers, gang members and welfare recipients."
..
> With what change to laws and/or regulations?
..

In almost every post, Lynn displays some massive misunderstanding.
In the above quote it appears he has mistaken the indigenous North
American for the US political party known as Democrats.

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<f11k3hh7g4gatudg1vutmfnphnm1ot19tg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70891&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70891

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 10:17:24 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 17:17 UTC

On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 16:56:45 -0400, J. Clarke
<jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:39:57 -0700 (PDT), "pete...@gmail.com"
><petertrei@gmail.com> wrote:
<snippo mucho>

>>He's not incapable of doing better (he and I had a perfectly civil
>>discussion of Arthurian history and legend recently in another thread),
>>but he only does so rarely.
>>
>>He will now respond....
>
>He can't be like that in person. Someone would have shot him by now.

Depends on where he is.

Here in NE Seattle, not very likely. Far too liberal.

In Texas, however, ...
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<eJn_J.174200$Wdl5.69758@fx44.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70892&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70892

Sender: scott@dragon.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
From: sco...@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
References: <t15aho$fka$1@dont-email.me> <t15ark$gos$1@dont-email.me> <nlje3hl7quura9b2h2387ova32o4ctbgn4@4ax.com> <XnsAE606C7774FE2taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245> <al6h3h1pa4al6c7ml1q9oe3g41csc6k0fc@4ax.com> <XnsAE616624FC508taustingmail@85.12.62.245> <t1abk3$4l1$1@dont-email.me> <54413b3d-69a3-4d0d-9cb6-b66637a7ab08n@googlegroups.com> <bjph3hds2lnq0gob7beb9psrr82j0bbtv7@4ax.com> <f11k3hh7g4gatudg1vutmfnphnm1ot19tg@4ax.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 17:30:50 GMT
 by: Scott Lurndal - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 17:30 UTC

Paul S Person <psperson1@ix.netcom.invalid> writes:
>On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 16:56:45 -0400, J. Clarke
><jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:39:57 -0700 (PDT), "pete...@gmail.com"
>><petertrei@gmail.com> wrote:
><snippo mucho>
>
>>>He's not incapable of doing better (he and I had a perfectly civil
>>>discussion of Arthurian history and legend recently in another thread),
>>>but he only does so rarely.
>>>
>>>He will now respond....
>>
>>He can't be like that in person. Someone would have shot him by now.
>
>Depends on where he is.
>
>Here in NE Seattle, not very likely. Far too liberal.
>
>In Texas, however, ...

Terry has previously indicated that he works in Orange County, California.

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<t1d16k$kto$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70893&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70893

From: nuh...@nope.com (Alan)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 10:32:04 -0700
 by: Alan - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 17:32 UTC

On 2022-03-22 10:30 a.m., Scott Lurndal wrote:
> Paul S Person <psperson1@ix.netcom.invalid> writes:
>> On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 16:56:45 -0400, J. Clarke
>> <jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:39:57 -0700 (PDT), "pete...@gmail.com"
>>> <petertrei@gmail.com> wrote:
>> <snippo mucho>

>>> He can't be like that in person. Someone would have shot him by now.
>>
>> Depends on where he is.
>>
>> Here in NE Seattle, not very likely. Far too liberal.
>>
>> In Texas, however, ...
>
> Terry has previously indicated that he works in Orange County, California.

And if he were like he is on here in person...

....he'd get bitch-slapped a dozen times a day.

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<XnsAE62715C71A90taustingmail@85.12.62.232>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70899&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70899

Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
From: tausti...@gmail.com (Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha)
References: <t15aho$fka$1@dont-email.me> <t15ark$gos$1@dont-email.me> <nlje3hl7quura9b2h2387ova32o4ctbgn4@4ax.com> <XnsAE606C7774FE2taustincagmailcom@85.12.62.245> <al6h3h1pa4al6c7ml1q9oe3g41csc6k0fc@4ax.com> <XnsAE616624FC508taustingmail@85.12.62.245> <t1abk3$4l1$1@dont-email.me> <54413b3d-69a3-4d0d-9cb6-b66637a7ab08n@googlegroups.com> <bjph3hds2lnq0gob7beb9psrr82j0bbtv7@4ax.com> <f11k3hh7g4gatudg1vutmfnphnm1ot19tg@4ax.com> <eJn_J.174200$Wdl5.69758@fx44.iad>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 11:08:37 -0700
 by: Jibini Kula Tumbili - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 18:08 UTC

scott@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote in

> Paul S Person <psperson1@ix.netcom.invalid> writes:
>>On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 16:56:45 -0400, J. Clarke
>><jclarke.873638@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>On Mon, 21 Mar 2022 12:39:57 -0700 (PDT), "pete...@gmail.com"
>>><petertrei@gmail.com> wrote:
>><snippo mucho>

>>>He can't be like that in person. Someone would have shot him
>>>by now.
>>
>>Depends on where he is.
>>
>>Here in NE Seattle, not very likely. Far too liberal.
>>
>>In Texas, however, ...
>
> Terry has previously indicated that he works in Orange County,
> California.

Behind the Orange Curtain. Quite conservative for California. But
these people have never met a real redneck.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<slrnt3kc07.ic8.naddy@lorvorc.mips.inka.de>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70902&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70902

From: nad...@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 20:22:31 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Christian Weisgerber - Tue, 22 Mar 2022 20:22 UTC

On 2022-03-20, Michael Dworetsky <platinum198@btinternet.com> wrote:

>>> However, when he visited Ukraine, he did find one thing
>>> that hadn't changed a great deal, and that was that Ukraine was still
>>> infested by a small-minded, vicious creature with delusions of grandeur
>>> name Vladimir and his army of LilliPutins.
>>
>> I'm confused. Is he talking about Vladimir Zelensky or Vladimir
>> Putin?
>
> Isn't it Volodimir Zelensky? Something like that in Ukrainian.

Yes, something like that is the Ukrainian form of that name. The
Russian one is Vladimir. As has been frequently pointed out in
Western media, Ukraine's president is a native speaker of Russian.
Conversely, Russia's president is Volodymyr Putin in Ukrainian.
They share the same first name.

If you look at the Russian/Ukrainian/Belarusian editions of Wikipedia,
you'll find that people's names from those languages are always
adapted into the other ones. Vladimir Putin, Volodymyr Putin,
Uladzimir Putsin. You may know this from historical figures and
popes, but in that corner of the world it seems to apply to anybody.
I first noticed it with ice hockey players.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy@mips.inka.de

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<v7jm3h115s1hr3q3c4ru4glqr8vhvqq25a@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70968&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70968

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 09:39:27 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 16:39 UTC

On Tue, 22 Mar 2022 20:22:31 -0000 (UTC), Christian Weisgerber
<naddy@mips.inka.de> wrote:

>>> I'm confused. Is he talking about Vladimir Zelensky or Vladimir
>>> Putin?
>>
>> Isn't it Volodimir Zelensky? Something like that in Ukrainian.
>
>Yes, something like that is the Ukrainian form of that name. The
>Russian one is Vladimir. As has been frequently pointed out in
>Western media, Ukraine's president is a native speaker of Russian.
>Conversely, Russia's president is Volodymyr Putin in Ukrainian.
>They share the same first name.
>
>If you look at the Russian/Ukrainian/Belarusian editions of Wikipedia,
>you'll find that people's names from those languages are always
>adapted into the other ones. Vladimir Putin, Volodymyr Putin,
>Uladzimir Putsin. You may know this from historical figures and
>popes, but in that corner of the world it seems to apply to anybody.
>I first noticed it with ice hockey players.

No need to research foreign Wikipedia editions;
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_(name)>
discusses the issue -- and confirms your result!
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<najm3hliu37p4msn2u0uvrg0j71a269kol@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70969&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70969

From: pspers...@ix.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 09:42:58 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 16:42 UTC

On Sat, 19 Mar 2022 21:43:52 -0000 (UTC), Christian Weisgerber
<naddy@mips.inka.de> wrote:

>On 2022-03-19, Lynn McGuire <lynnmcguire5@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> From David Weber on Facebook:
>>
>> However, when he visited Ukraine, he did find one thing
>> that hadn't changed a great deal, and that was that Ukraine was still
>> infested by a small-minded, vicious creature with delusions of grandeur
>> name Vladimir and his army of LilliPutins.
>
>I'm confused. Is he talking about Vladimir Zelensky or Vladimir
>Putin?

A long time ago, I learned that peoples' names are /pronounced/ and
/spelled/ as they dictate.

So, if Zelensky uses, say, "Volodymyr" as his name, then /that/ is his
name, not "Vladimir".

Kind of like "Hamish" and "James". And, no doubt, many others.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Re: Jonathan Swift's great, great, great, great grandson did an update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels

<t1fmpp$ijp$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=70972&group=rec.arts.sf.written#70972

From: michael....@gmail.com (Michael F. Stemper)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
update of his great ancestor's eighteenth century classic, Gulliver's travels
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 12:52:44 -0500
 by: Michael F. Stemper - Wed, 23 Mar 2022 17:52 UTC

<https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Throat%20Wobbler>

--
Michael F. Stemper
Isaiah 58:6-7