From: web...@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.hollywood,rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.support.pedophile
Subject: Everything Everywhere’ Director Defends Drag For Kids During Oscars Speech: ‘A_Threat_To_Nobody’
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 13:21:19 -0400
 by: Ubiquitous - Mon, 13 Mar 2023 17:21 UTC

�Everything Everywhere All At Once� co-director Daniel Scheinert used his
Oscars acceptance speech on Sunday night to take a stand for dressing in
drag.

While most of the 95th Annual Academy Awards was politically neutral, there
were a few jokes and references made during the ceremony, including
Scheinert�s impassioned defense of drag after winning the best director
category.

�We want to dedicate this to the mommies, all the mommies in the world, to
our moms,� Scheinert began. �Specifically my mom and dad � thank you for not
squashing my creativity when I was making really disturbing horror films, or
really perverted comedy films, or dressing in drag as a kid, which is a
threat to nobody!� he said.

Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert (the Daniels) accept the Best
Directing Oscar for 'Everything Everywhere All At Once' #Oscars
#Oscars95 pic.twitter.com/dKeWAn8BB6

� The Academy (@TheAcademy) March 13, 2023

He and Daniel Kwan, collectively known as �the Daniels,� spoke briefly after
their win. The directing pair met as students at Emerson College and later
worked as assistants at the New York Film Academy summer camp in 2009.

�That�s kind of why Daniels exists now. We were summer camp counselors and we
were both so hyper and so enthusiastic about making really weird movies with
the kids that we kind of realized we were kindred spirits, so we decided to
keep making our own summer movies after hours,� Scheinert told Boston.com.

The indie sci-fi comedy �Everything Everywhere� was the night�s big winner,
taking home seven Oscars including the highly coveted Best Picture award.

Though he didn�t say so explicitly, Scheinert�s comments were likely aimed at
several states that recently introduced legislation to prohibit sexually
charged drag performances where minors are present. Tennessee Republican
Governor Bill Lee is just one of several state legislators to introduce this
type of measure, as The Daily Wire previously reported.

The Tennessee bill prohibits �adult cabaret performance � in a location other
than an adult cabaret that features topless dancers, go-go dancers, exotic
dancers, strippers, male or female impersonators who provide entertainment
that appeals to prurient interest, or similar entertainers, regardless of
whether or not performed for consideration,� according to a summary.

The Arkansas Senate also worked to pass a bill introduced in January that
classified drag performances as �adult oriented businesses� in an effort to
protect minors from being exposed to sexually themed events. The bill was
revised to specifically target drag performances of a sexual nature but would
still allow other drag events for all ages.

Other bills restricting drag performances in front of children have been
introduced in at least 14 other states, including Arizona, Kentucky,
Oklahoma, and others.

[OK, groomer.]

--
Let's go Brandon!

Re: Everything Everywhere’ Director Defends Drag For Kids During Oscars Speech: ‘A_Threat_To_Nobody’

<4ac9fbf2-22da-448b-ae64-f7a665f558d0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7044&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#7044

Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 09:08:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Everything_Everywhere’_Director_Defends_Drag_F
or_Kids_During_Oscars_Speech:_‘A_Threat_To_Nobody’
From: qwrtz...@gmail.com (T987654321)
 by: T987654321 - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 16:08 UTC

Such a stupid controversy. Just don't take your brats to the story hour.

Re: Everything Everywhere’ Director Defends Drag For Kids During Oscars Speech: ‘A_Threat_To_Nobody’

<MlIQL.202775$SdR7.65721@fx04.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7045&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#7045

Subject: Re:_Everything_Everywhere’_Director_Defends_Dra
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
From: pwall...@moviepig.com (moviePig)
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 13:29:16 -0400
 by: moviePig - Thu, 16 Mar 2023 17:29 UTC

On 3/16/2023 12:08 PM, T987654321 wrote:
> Such a stupid controversy. Just don't take your brats to the story hour.

But I must, lest someone be unaware of my pique...

Re: Everything Everywhere??? Director Defends Drag For Kids During Oscars Speech: ???A_Threat_To_Nobody???

<super70s-32247C.19184329032023@reader01.eternal-september.org>

  copy mid

https://www.novabbs.com/arts/article-flat.php?id=7073&group=rec.arts.movies.current-films#7073

From: super...@super70s.invalid (super70s)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.movies.current-films
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 19:18:43 -0500
 by: super70s - Thu, 30 Mar 2023 00:18 UTC

I've recently seen this frenetic mess for the first time and I don't
think there's been a less deserving Best Picture Oscar winner since
Slumdog Millionaire.